TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bonedoc's SS is Home!

My '07 SS was dropped off yesterday.

725HP, Black supercharger, cooling kit......

What a beast! I'll write up my impressions after I've had a chance to driver her some.

still a few small issues to iron out through SAI but I am glad she is home......

here are a couple of pics.

post-2947-1250393650_thumb.jpg

post-2947-1250393658_thumb.jpg

post-2947-1250393666_thumb.jpg

Doc......Your car looks soooooo good.

WOW !!!!

I bet it is one fast rocketship :peelout:

That Pic with ther clouds at sunset glowing gave me shivers up the back of my spine.

I was going to show my wife the pic's but I better not, if you know what I mean. :doh:

I did not know they were still doing 2007 SS's. How many more are available. Just curious for dreaming purposes. :baby:

post-2947-1250393808_thumb.jpg

Ron,

That picture is definitely a cover shot for a Muscle Car magazine! Fantastic background sunset hues that match the grabber orange!

We didn't get to chat much at SAI; you and I were both very busy with our cars. I inspected my SS; drove it for a few minutes and then had to dash back to Vegas International for a flight back home. Did a driver named Bret deliver your car? Mine should be here late today or early tomorrow.

Jim

Thanks to everybody for comments.

Rob mine is #541 and I think they are making a total of 1000. not sure if they truly are at 541 snakes but my guess is at least 2-300 left to make.

The Grabber Orange really comes alive at sunset..... and the sunsets here in colorado are as good as it gets. I'll try to get a few more shots in the days to come.

Jim sorry I couldn't hang around longer at SAI but my son and I had an early afternoon show that we had scheduled to catch. I'm not sure the drivers name as my wife was home when the car was dropped off. Make sure and take a good look front to back on your car when you get her.... there were a few small issues with mine on arrival.

Ron

What a beast! I'll write up my impressions after I've had a chance to driver her some.

still a few small issues to iron out through SAI but I am glad she is home......

Great looking car congratulations :happy feet: :happy feet:

Where can I get the trunk cap that says super snake also your number plate surround that says GT500 725HP SUPER SNAKE

Thanks

BoneDoc:

She looks great. Very nice pictures as well. I have sent you a PM. I have some questions for you. I am glad to see that some April cars are now being completed. I can't wait to get mine. ENJOY!!

Cheers

Brett

BoneDoc:

Your inbox is full so PM wouldn't go through. You mentioned that you had some issues with your SS conversion. I am expecting my car to be done anyday now. I hope!!! I would love to know what to look for. I was debating going down and looking it over before trucking it home, but I think it may be worth the trip. I would appreciate it if you can let me know what you are dealing with. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Cheers

Brett

GREAT LOOKING CAR LOVE TO SEE OTHER COLORS .... WE JUST RECIEVED OUR WHITE SS TODAY , NO TIME TO POST PICTURE SO FAR EVERYTHING LOOKS OK. WILL POST PICS THIS WEEKEND ... WAS WONDRIND WHAT ISSUES YOU HAD ? I STILL NEED TO CHECK ALL THE PARTS ARE BACK.. JAMES & CATHY OROSS. EMAIL : CANDOTHEBEST@AOL.COM

Sorry guys I did not mean to be nebulous.... there are 3 small issues that I have noted so far:

1: SAI replaced my rear diffuser because it was damaged previously. They did the paint work and there were a few imperfections in the paint. I sent Kameron photos and they seem to think there may have been some specs of dirt in the paint.

2: My Faux gas cap was dented (it is a thin aluminum covering and probably was dented on installation by fingertips).

3) The prop rod receptacle on my hood was too narrow and did not accept my prop rod. The opening needs to be enlarged and the small round "kick plate" installed. Looks like it will take a little dremel tool work, drill a couple holes, and 2 rivots to hold in place.

If I had been more diligent about inspecting while at SAI i could have avoided some Hassel.

small stuff. Overall I LOVE the car.

Kameron at SAI is aware and they are taking care of all issues.

Ron

questions for those "in the know":

I have my stock rear rims with Nitto 305/35/18's and plan to keep them.... will they fit in the fender well with the 1.5" lowering.. for trips to the dragstrip only... no cornering??

Has anyone installed their FRPP strut tower brace? My take-off parts had a new FRPP strut tower brace and I'm not sure what to do with it... I thikn it comes with the FRPP handling upgrade but is not installed.

Ron

Great looking car congratulations :happy feet: :happy feet:

Where can I get the trunk cap that says super snake also your number plate surround that says GT500 725HP SUPER SNAKE

Thanks

Hodger the plate comes from "autoplates.com"... i thought the black fram would complement and extend the middle stripe. The faux gas cap is available through shelby call Kameron and I bet he can get you one. may be a small charge. they are thin aluminum with 2-sided tape behind so be careful not to push too hard when installing as they will dent easily.

Ron

HEY RON--I NOTICED YOUR LICENSE PLATE HOLDER WHILE DRIVING BEHIND YOU UP TO THE PICNIC. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT AT? LOOKS GREAT AND IT'S GOT THE NUMBERS.

BOB

Archived