TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary Conversion

Bad4D,

Congrats on the upgrade!! Great color combo and wheel choice.

Thx duke here it is May 5th and the car still isnt here and the tentative delivery date was BS. I regret not having sent it to SAI. Tasca should not be permitted to represent the Shelby name. For the last 3 weeks they have done nothing but lie. If I were to do it again I would definitely not send it to Tasca. The aggravation and frustration they have caused is inexcusable. I have been driving Fords since 1964, at this point I am considering selling the car and would consider waiting for GM to produce a Z / 28. This generation of Tasca family is slowly destroying the legacy of the TASCA name.Americans always took pride in what they did not only in the auto industry but as a nation, which is why we were once the greatest industrial nation in the world. There was a time when buying a product made outside of this country meant it was inferior to what we produced at home. Well I guess its true all good things must come to an end.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully you'll change your mind when you get it back. That's too bad about SAI. Maybe Shelby will let me take them over and relocate it here in Indiana :rolleyes: Hang in there!!!!

You're kidding about the Z, right???

Thx duke here it is May 5th and the car still isnt here and the tentative delivery date was BS. I regret not having sent it to SAI. Tasca should not be permitted to represent the Shelby name. For the last 3 weeks they have done nothing but lie. If I were to do it again I would definitely not send it to Tasca. The aggravation and frustration they have caused is inexcusable. I have been driving Fords since 1964, at this point I am considering selling the car and would consider waiting for GM to produce a Z / 28. This generation of Tasca family is slowly destroying the legacy of the TASCA name.Americans always took pride in what they did not only in the auto industry but as a nation, which is why we were once the greatest industrial nation in the world. There was a time when buying a product made outside of this country meant it was inferior to what we produced at home. Well I guess its true all good things must come to an end.

Hopefully you'll change your mind when you get it back. That's too bad about SAI. Maybe Shelby will let me take them over and relocate it here in Indiana :rolleyes: Hang in there!!!!

You're kidding about the Z, right???

Yeah, just came to mind in a moment of frustration. I can no longer deal with unreturned phone calls and broken promises. I have been driving Fords for over 40 years. When Ford discontinued thr Bronco I was pretty upset.and moved on. So now I drive an Exped but still am loyal to the brand.

• 2 months later...

Hello.

Is there anyone out there that had their 2007 GT500 upgraded with the 40th anniversary package? If so... was it worth the 12k to do it?

I'm still trying to decide. The decision is hard as I also want to upgrade my SuperCharger. I'd do both but there is that money thing.

I'd appreciate anyone opinion or guidance.

Thanks,

Wilson

The real question is: Do you want to be 1 of 11,000, or 1 of 500? More horsepower can always come later, but the 40th Anniversary packages won't be around much longer. Rumor has it that Shelby might not build the full 500. With the stock supercharger, JLT CAI, and a tune, I have 501 RWHP. I do plan on getting the SuperSnake supercharger later, but that will always be there. When I picked up my 40th, it was like getting a brand new car. $12k was worth it in my opinion.

The real question is: Do you want to be 1 of 11,000, or 1 of 500? More horsepower can always come later, but the 40th Anniversary packages won't be around much longer. Rumor has it that Shelby might not build the full 500. With the stock supercharger, JLT CAI, and a tune, I have 501 RWHP. I do plan on getting the SuperSnake supercharger later, but that will always be there. When I picked up my 40th, it was like getting a brand new car. $12k was worth it in my opinion.

+1

Absolutely worth it!

I heard only 300 will be made, but we all are still waiting for the Shelby Registry to update our 40th so we will know how many have been made and how many will be made.

Todd

In last years Shelby "annual" they listed the 40th as a 300 unit build but this was said to be a mistake as they have acknowledged that up to 500 would be built. Of course we don't know how many have been built yet as there may be skipped numbers, and each mod shop will not have used up their sequence numbers as of yet.

If I had to guess, I'd say probably around 300 have been delivered to date which is good news to all of us 40th types. It will be interesting to see the final numbers.

Well put.

Archived