TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary Conversion

Hello.

Is there anyone out there that had their 2007 GT500 upgraded with the 40th anniversary package? If so... was it worth the 12k to do it?

I'm still trying to decide. The decision is hard as I also want to upgrade my SuperCharger. I'd do both but there is that money thing.

I'd appreciate anyone opinion or guidance.

Thanks,

Wilson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello.

Is there anyone out there that had their 2007 GT500 upgraded with the 40th anniversary package? If so... was it worth the 12k to do it?

I'm still trying to decide. The decision is hard as I also want to upgrade my SuperCharger. I'd do both but there is that money thing.

Thanks,

Wilson

If you want a CSM number from Shelby then the only way is to buy some kind of upgrade package. For me it was worth it. I really like the way the car looks. It blew me away when I picked it up. I think it's the same for everyone.

I didn't get any power upgrades because I wanted to do them myself over time. One thing I know is that even with the 40th you're still going to want more power. It's never enough!

Do it, and dont look back. It will always be worth it because its your Shelby. But, you may want to hurry, just a few 40th ann. upgrades left for sale.

Chris

Thanks Chris. (nice car)

I've been talking to one of the Shelby guys in Las Vegas and he informed me that there is still about 125 upgrades still available. If I do decide to go for the 40th Ann upgrade I'll will do it soon. Since I'm on the east coast, I will have to haul it up to RI. The only thing left is to convince my wife that it's a good idea. :finger:

I'll post here if I decide to have the upgrade done.

Thanks again.

Wilson

If you want a CSM number from Shelby then the only way is to buy some kind of upgrade package. For me it was worth it. I really like the way the car looks. It blew me away when I picked it up. I think it's the same for everyone.

I didn't get any power upgrades because I wanted to do them myself over time. One thing I know is that even with the 40th you're still going to want more power. It's never enough!

MORE POWER ?? Absolutely :shift:

That's my problem.. which should come first power or 40th? I guess your advice is the best approach. My fear is that I will never get the car paid off in time, before there is no gas available (total electric cars) that will justify upgrading the supercharger.

Time to have a yard sale? :dance:

I'll let you know what I decide.

Thanks,

Wilson

I say do it while you can. I have already voted with my wallet so of course I think it is worth the $12k. I did it because I thought my vert was just to plain looking in stock form. No stripes, etc. I did have a chance to look at a 40th car first before making this decision. That was what pushed me over to having it done. The badging, wheels, silver stripes, etc. look great! You can do the performance upgrades later if you have to and it make it fun to upgrade over time.

Of course, do it. Though I am a little biased.

You essentially get everything the SS has, except the brakes, hood and blower. Add the brakes to your package - then do the blower on your own. And the 40th hood looks just fine.

You won't be disappointed - and you'll have an even more exclusive animal in the end. Only 300 or so 40th's. Up to 1000 SS's per year.

Hello.

Thanks,

Wilson

Worth it, You Bet!!

Besides the 40ths amazing looks,your 40th is one of the rarest ones made!

Todd

This was the best money I have ever spent on a car. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

The only downside is shipping it to Las Vegas from the east coast. I live in Northern Virginia and so does another another 40th owner.

I think it cost me around $4k to ship it roundtrip. Still worth it though!!

1FST ASP

Send me a pm with your # if you want to discuss or see the finished result. Your wife will love it.

This was the best money I have ever spent on a car. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

The only downside is shipping it to Las Vegas from the east coast. I live in Northern Virginia and so does another another 40th owner.

I think it cost me around $4k to ship it roundtrip. Still worth it though!!

1FST ASP

Send me a pm with your # if you want to discuss or see the finished result. Your wife will love it.

Ok now I'm getting more interested. I live in Culpeper. I had an alternative to shipping to Las Vegas. The Shelby guy (Las Vegas) said they have a shop in Rhode Island that can do the upgrade. I thought about hauling it up there myself. From what you say, I might save some money.

What are your thoughts?

Oh, what is "PM" ?

Thanks,

Wilson

Ok now I'm getting more interested. I live in Culpeper. I had an alternative to shipping to Las Vegas. The Shelby guy (Las Vegas) said they have a shop in Rhode Island that can do the upgrade. I thought about hauling it up there myself. From what you say, I might save some money.

What are your thoughts?

Oh, what is "PM" ?

Thanks,

Wilson

A "PM" is a private message you can send to another forum member. Just click on the poster's name and it will bring up a dropdown box. Choose "send message"

Pretty self explanatory after that.

You will save yourself about 2-3k in transport costs if you go to Tasca ( Rhode Island ) instead of SAI ( Vegas ).

If it were me and I had the time and money, I would take her to SAI in Vegas. That's the center of everything that's Shelby. But that's just me.

What are your thoughts?

Oh, what is "PM" ?

Thanks,

Wilson

Oh yea, Tasca only makes sense coming out of Va. I had thought about draggin her all the way to Vegas but I decided it just doesn’t make good money sense to do so especially since Tasca is synonymous with performance (you know home of the Cobra Jet and all that). When are you expecting to make the move?

I was going to use Tasca, but I got the call for Las Vegas before Tasca was up and running.

If I had to do it over again, I think I would still ship it to Shelby.

That is my personal preference though......

I understand completely.

Wilson...

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT...

The car is not even the same vehicle when you get it back. The suspension is so much better, the handling is amazing. I did the horsepower upgrade, and the short throw shifter. If you can't do both at least add the shifter. It makes each gear a wrist move away.

You will not regret it!

Steve

my_car.jpg

Hello.

Thanks,

Wilson

my_car.jpg

I understand completely.

I can see the glamor in have the Shelby folks in Vegas do it. I mean that is where they started. However, $4k for me is a 1/3 the cost of doing the 40th upgrade. If I do this it will have to be done by the Tasca folks. We'll see what happens in a couple of months.

Thanks,

Wilson

I had my 40th conversion done it Vegas because there were no other choices at the time. When I decided to build my Terlingua, Quantum was set up and getting good reviews from other TS members so I decided to go there. I saved a lot of money on shipping and I've been totally satisfied.

Bottom line is you will be very happy with the car no matter which shop does it.

Oh yea, Tasca only makes sense coming out of Va. I had thought about draggin her all the way to Vegas but I decided it just doesn’t make good money sense to do so especially since Tasca is synonymous with performance (you know home of the Cobra Jet and all that). When are you expecting to make the move?

Wilson, I agree to go with Tasca. Lets face it, thats why Shelby extended the service across the country. I dont think they would favor one shop over the other as they are all certified. THat would be bad business. Unless Carroll was actually performing the mod. I myself have been very interested in the 40th. I am trying to see I can mod my 08? or are these reserved to 07s? I dont know. By the way, the new Special Edition, I don't like the wheels (15K?).

You can do one of the other packages on an 08 (like the SE) but te 07 was the actual 40th anniversary of the GT500 and therefore the package is only available on the 07. I don't believe you can make changes like wheel choice on the SE package, I know you can't on the 40th.

That is correct. I agree that Shelby holds their approved mod shops in the highest regard, but I can help but think it is and will be better that I had the work done in Vegas. It was worth it to me to drag the car all the way out there and back.

This is the mod I'd do to my '07, if any at all! I'd probably prefer to keep my White stripes though...

Though I still feel my '07 is a "40th" just as it sits ;o)

Keith

Archived