TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary Conversion

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dan. bad4d go for the silver. The color is actually called silver and matches the stripes. The anthracite or gunmetal is more of a gray.

Here is a pic with mine and Torch40's cars. His has the chrome wheels. The pic make the side stripes look darker than they are. The silver wheels match the stripes perfectly.

P1000421.jpg

You can also click on my signature pics. Good luck choosin. The 40th's are awesome you will love it.

I just calls em as I sees em. :hysterical:

IMO, the black 40th doesn't need the "bling" from the chrome razors, that color combo SCREAMS as is. I really like the silver razors to go along with the silver stripes.

Thanks Dan. bad4d go for the silver. The color is actually called silver and matches the stripes. The anthracite or gunmetal is more of a gray.

Here is a pic with mine and Torch40's cars. His has the chrome wheels. The pic make the side stripes look darker than they are. The silver wheels match the stripes perfectly.

P1000421.jpg

You can also click on my signature pics. Good luck choosin. The 40th's are awesome you will love it.

Thanks guys I made the decision to have it done but have been procrastinating because of wheel choice. I have finally made the decision to go with the silver I hope they look as good on my coupe as they do on your vert. I am also putting the 3:73's and the Tasca stage 2 tune. Any advice or would be appreciated.

The only problem now is the 13 inches of snow that fell this week. I will be sending the car around the 3rd week of april. Thanks again

Pictures soon to follow

Charlie

• 1 month later...

I'd love to do the 40th conversion but can't convince myself to send the car to Vegas and prefer to do my own work. Is there any way to get the parts to do it yourself? I see most of the parts available but can't find things like the fender badges and misc. little pieces.

Jason

P1000421.jpg

That is one beautiful photo.... :)

• 1 month later...

It is finally official. The car is finished and to be delivered next week. I put a picture on my garage and dont know if it will show on this post. I am now the proud owner of CSM07XL0316. And Slabo thanks again the silver wheels look fantastic.

post-24025-127197803339_thumb.jpg

post-24025-127197803339_thumb.jpg

It is finally official. The car is finished and to be delivered next week. I put a picture on my garage and dont know if it will show on this post. I am now the proud owner of CSM07XL0316. And Slabo thanks again the silver wheels look fantastic.

Congrats and welcome to the club. She sure looks sweet.

Looks great - you're going to love it. And I liked Bobs wheels so much - I had to order a set myself. They'll be here Monday.

It's great to see two more 40ths on the street. Congratulations!! :happy feet:

Looks great - you're going to love it. And I liked Bobs wheels so much - I had to order a set myself. They'll be here Monday.

Thanks to everyone for the official welcome to the club, and for their advice and suggestions. I found rim choice to be the toughest decision. I flip flopped from chrome to black, until I saw Slabos car and just knew. Being a member of Team Shelby has been very enlightening, I am proud to be included and to show my support for Mr. Shelby and the history and achievments he represents.

Congrats and welcome. Your new 40th looks sweet. Would love to see more good pics.

Thx Torch pics are soon to follow all I need is the car. I spoke to Dennis today, the paint chip will be repaired on Friday. Once the repair is complete. I'll have it back as soon as Intercity can schedule delivery.

Awesome! I just picked mine up 2 weeks ago today in LV and put 2500 miles on it on my way back. Took the long road home :)

How long did SAI take to do the conversion? Tasca has my car since 3/23/10. I am starting to regret not spending the 2k extra to ship it to Vegas.

My car was delivered to LV on 3/8/2010 and I got the call it was ready on 4/14/2010. All was running smooth until :fan: Bud was in contact with me everyday and then poof, he vanished :( About a 10 day period of no contact. Don't know if that held up the car or not.

Archived