TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Alignment Specs

Ackman70

I don't know for sure but it should be something like -1 degree camber, +5 degrees caster and -1/32 toe in. That is a set up that should work for street and for corner carving. That assumes you have caster/camber plates. If you don't might want to think about getting them so you set the alignment just the way you want it.

Jim

• 4 years later...

I am installing the exact KR suspension system on our 2 cars. After I complete the installation, I will have the car aligned. Can someone give me a spec sheet that I can take to the alignment shop ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I am installing the exact KR suspension system on our 2 cars. After I complete the installation, I will have the car aligned. Can someone give me a spec sheet that I can take to the alignment shop ?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Not a KR, but here is what I used to get a 20x10 Alcoa and a 275/35 under the front lip and not touch the strut............I do not have CC plates.

009_zps698352a8.jpg

There is not much more room for inward tilt on my car with the 10" Alcoa's because the 275's will contact the strut........

011-4.jpg

R

Here is an original Road&Track review of the 2008 GT500KR, it mentions the exact info. that is being asked about in this thread.

Cool overview, specific front end specs mentioned in the 4th paragraph down.......

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/2008-ford-shelby-gt500kr

Looks like I had mine set at plain old GT500 specs, I have no room for additional inward tilt with the wider Alcoa's and tires, or I will be against the Eibachs.

R

The KR should have the same camber spec as a stock GT500, which is from 0 to -1.5 degrees. Lowering the front end will increase negative camber, which is good for handling on the twisties, but will tend to increase front tire wear along the inside treads. I don't track my car so I prefer less negative camber to minimize tire wear; I have the camber set to -0.8 to -0.9 degrees using camber plates.

Does anyone know what they are?

Aren't they the same as a 'standard' GT500?

If so, I found the specs in the online manual. I lost the link but my bet is someone will know it and post it.

Phill

The last time I checked the specs were the same as the GT500 except for the negative camber which is set at -1.5 degree for the KR.

Correct ,but it's -1.4 degrees camber with a tolerance range of +/- .5 degrees. If you're going with M/M caster /camber plates then go -1.5 camber on both sides , +7 degrees caster on the right side / +6.5 degrees caster on the left ( .5 degree spread to compensate for road crown ) and 1/16" total toe in . That should be done with the drivers weight in the drivers seat which is typically how the vehicle goes down the road .

Aren't they the same as a 'standard' GT500?

If so, I found the specs in the online manual. I lost the link but my bet is someone will know it and post it.

Phill

No, the KR tilt is very similar to the factory settings on the 1993, 1995 and 2000 Cobra R's. The tires are tilted in considerably at the top in compared to "regular production". I remember noticing this when I first saw the Silver/Blue striped GT500KR with CS standing next to it.

This is another view I remember and noticing the tilt..............

08Shelby_GT500KR_3024L_zpsdf23cb1c.jpg

I know this car has some differences, the splitter for one, I don't see CF mirror caps or rockers.........

That Road&Track feature that I linked above in post #7..............I'm sure they were quoting directly from SVT information/specs that they were provided for the article...........

This picture is a little far off but the "tilt" is visible on this 1995 R-Model............

DSCN2605.jpg

A different angle for the tilt............

DSCN2604.jpg

R

Did you notice a Big difference the first time you rolled down the street with the 275 tire/10" Alcoa combination on the front?

R

It has been a while but yes I do remember feeling a difference. I went from the 18 KR Alcoa to the 20 Alcoa. I think the 18 Alcoa is 9.5 with a 255 up front. The ride with the 20/275 on the street seems to have a slightly harsher ride compared to the 18/255 but nothing to drastic.

It has been a while but yes I do remember feeling a difference. I went from the 18 KR Alcoa to the 20 Alcoa. I think the 18 Alcoa is 9.5 with a 255 up front. The ride with the 20/275 on the street seems to have a slightly harsher ride compared to the 18/255 but nothing to drastic.

I have never had anything except the 20" Alcoa's and originally a 255/35 front, but I do remember think WOW!! what a nice difference with the 275's up front and a wider 10" rim to gets them fully planted on the road surface. These cars are nose heavy to start with, having a little more tire width feels Great, especially when pressed into a turn.

When I first started experimenting with the 10" Alcoa on the front (approx. 3-4 years ago) everyone said the offset was wrong, the rim wouldn't fit, contact with the Baer 6P's, etc. I asked who had tried it? and no one had, so I moved the rears to the front on my car, took some pictures and it has worked very well. It was a very nice handling upgrade that was not expected.

R

What did you do on the back? I want to see more pictures....................Very Shelby!

R

http://www.cervinis.com/05-09mustang-cervini-tail-light-conversion-kit.html#prettyPhoto

I still need to complete the blue stripe. It was going to be my winter project that I have yet to start. I was going to try to paint it myself but need the paint code. They are easy to put on and remove. The left and right side are bolted on just like the originals. The center is held on with double sided tape.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

http://www.cervinis.com/05-09mustang-cervini-tail-light-conversion-kit.html#prettyPhoto

I still need to complete the blue stripe. It was going to be my winter project that I have yet to start. I was going to try to paint it myself but need the paint code. They are easy to put on and remove. The left and right side are bolted on just like the originals. The center is held on with double sided tape.

That is Nice. I had been playing around with building a complete second decklid for my car, I have the lid and a KR/V6 rear spoiler in Torch Red that I bought when Shelby was selling the KR leftovers. I also have the correct Super Snake stripes from the company who originally provided them to SA. This Cervini tail light set up may be a Nice addition to my car for the spare/second decklid set up. That dark tail light surround and center panel would look great against the Torch Red and Matte Super Snake stripes.

Thank you for adding the pictures and the link............I watched the video..........26 quarters (25 cent coins) <<<Funny!

R

Whoa, what's up with the rear lights?

I can probably get you the paint code for blue KR stripes. I just have to remember to ask my source when I see him next time.

Do you still need the code?

Phill

Yes I do. I have narrowed it down to a couple of codes but would like to know for sure.

When the stripes are really clean it looks like they have a little sparkle in them when the sun hits them just right.

It is hard to find a paint code that duplicates the sparkle when doing online searches.

Whoa, what's up with the rear lights?

Phill

It actually looks like a "Shelby" from behind..................

images1_zpsc7ce4179.jpg

I also noticed that Cervini's has a similar rear spoiler to the original Shelby for the 2007-2009, but the lights give that unique "Shelby look" from the past and doing too much can get to be..........too much.

R

It actually looks like a "Shelby" from behind..................

Yeah, I know!

I always wanted to find something like that for my 2010 but it would ruin the rear aero balance on the car. I think that's why Ford 'elongated' the tail lights on the 2010, to closer match the retro Shelby along with the "rear fender hump" that makes a '10+L look WAY closer to a '67-'68 Stang as opposed to the 'wedge' shape of the '09+E models.

I LIKE IT!

Are those Cervini's?

Phill

Phill

Yeah, I know!

I always wanted to find something like that for my 2010 but it would ruin the rear aero balance on the car. I think that's why Ford 'elongated' the tail lights on the 2010, to closer match the retro Shelby along with the "rear fender hump" that makes a '10+L look WAY closer to a '67-'68 Stang as opposed to the 'wedge' shape of the '09+E models.

I LIKE IT!

Are those Cervini's?

Phill

Phill

I did not like the 2010-up rear view to start with, I think it took some "warming up" to many in the hobby. Now I like the look, and you are right, the more squared (sharp angle) look should be used with the 2007-2009, the 2010-up is more "aero"...........<<<That is Cool too!

R

Yeah, I know!

I always wanted to find something like that for my 2010 but it would ruin the rear aero balance on the car.

Are those Cervini's?

Phill

Phill

Yes Cervini's.

In the beginning they were planning on making some for the 2010+ but it seemed to take nearly 2 years for them to get the 07/09 product out on the market. I also remember hearing that the curvature on the 2010+ made it more difficult to produce.

Yes Cervini's.

In the beginning they were planning on making some for the 2010+ but it seemed to take nearly 2 years for them to get the 07/09 product out on the market. I also remember hearing that the curvature on the 2010+ made it more difficult to produce.

I've always wondered if you could change the lower valance and tail lights to make a '10+ the same as the earlier models, then add the Cervini's for the retro Shelby look.

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

Any word on the paint code yet?

SHOOT! I was *just* in there a couple of hours ago and I thought about it as I was driving away...And I was sitting/bullshitting with the guy who has the code!

I need to get back in ASAP anyway but they're closed on Sunday, and with the Super Bowl tomorrow anyway....

But how ironic I see this right now.

I'll get it. I'll make a special trip just to get it rather than wait until next time.

Phill

Archived