TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Broken Front Splitter

Last nite I ran over a truck retread on the highway and damaged the front carbon fiber splitter. It has about a 6" crack about 1" deep in the very center. My question is A) can something like this be fixed, B) if no can just that piece be replaced, and C) has anyone replaced the front spoiler? is it a body shop job or can it be done at home? and what did it cost? I will try to post a picture of the damage.

Thnx

BJ

Last nite I ran over a truck retread on the highway and damaged the front carbon fiber splitter. It has about a 6" crack about 1" deep in the very center. My question is A) can something like this be fixed, B) if no can just that piece be replaced, and C) has anyone replaced the front spoiler? is it a body shop job or can it be done at home? and what did it cost? I will try to post a picture of the damage.

Thnx

BJ

Hi BJ,

Sorry about your splitter. Been there done that. I took mine to several local body shops and nobody would touch it. I ended up replacing it with a new one.

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure you cant fix a broke carbon fiber splitter. When I first got the SS I was worried about breaking it, so I put the factory splitter on to drive! Never took it back off until I sold it. Someone posted that a new CF is about 600. I have the OEM in my office if you decide that you want to put the plastic one back on. Its perfect and Ill sell it CHEAP. Dont need it anymore!

MM

Thanks Mike, and good to see that you are on the forums. You always provided everyone with very useful information.

I just scraped the splitter. Not broken. So, I was wondering if there was some way that it can be buffed? I should have left my OEM on, like you did! DUH

Thanks Mike, and good to see that you are on the forums. You always provided everyone with very useful information.

I just scraped the splitter. Not broken. So, I was wondering if there was some way that it can be buffed? I should have left my OEM on, like you did! DUH

Try clean fingernail polish if the scratches aren't too bad.

Archived