TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH Paxton SC SAI Install

Well after all the waffling, I have comitted to the Paxton install at Shelby. I will be putting on a polished Paxton with the GT 500 fuel pump and dash pod / gauges. Should be sent to Shelby in next couple of weeks and then I will fly to Vegas to pick it up when done. I went this route becouse I wanted to keep the car all Shelby and keep the history and connection of the 1966 GT 350 H and 2006 GTH. Did not want to lose the strut brace or cut the hood (just personal preferance).

Wife supports it so that is very very cool. She acutauly insisted that SAI do the install.

It is my understanding that I can get the Shelby GTH SC side stripes. At this time I do not plan on changing them out. Just add the engine compartment SC plaque.

Wish me luck

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news! Congrats. Hopefully I will not be too far behind you. Probably next year though. I'm getting the Hot Rod cams put in first this year. I wouldn't be able to do the side stripes either since mine are all painted on now. Can't wait to see pics of your car done!

Can some one tell me why the Paxton can be installed on an 06 GT-H and not on an 07 GT-H?

I read somethinf about it somewhere but I must be gettin old and I forgot.

QSS

Ford changed around some of the emissions items on the 07-08 compared to the 06. That is why it needed to be CARB recertified which Paxton has not been able to accomplish yet. I can't imagine what is taking so long as the other chargers do not seem to be having any issues.

And 43+ years later and still running strong. It will be a total different car.

super_charger_2.JPG

signature_2.JPG

Thanks for the GT 350 H pictures Tony. Very cool & inspiring Dave c. Car is scheduled to be picked up next week on Tuesday or Wednesday. Should be at SAI on Thursday or Friday. I will pick up the car on October 2nd and drive back. I am nervous and excited! Polished Paxton, gt 500 fuel pump and gauge pod/gauges.

Harald, it is my understanding that you CANNOT get time off of work to get your car when it's done, so it is only logical (as we live near each other) that I go and pick it up for you and race :shift: , er, I mean drive it gently home for you.... :hysterical:

Harald, it is my understanding that you CANNOT get time off of work to get your car when it's done, so it is only logical (as we live near each other) that I go and pick it up for you and race :shift: , er, I mean drive it gently home for you.... :hysterical:

Lets keep the fire bugs away for a while. Oh ya, I want to drive the KR :shift:

Car got picked up at 6:30 pm today. On it's way to SAI. One stop in LA tomorrow and then to Shelby. Will be there Thursday. :happy feet: :drool:

Wow! You're gonna love it. It's a totally different animal when it's done. Be careful - with stock tires the rear will want to scoot if you downshift on a turn.

• 3 weeks later...
Boy, that sure was a sprint. I still talk about that drive. Fastest I ever made it to LA. :shift:

Harald, I believe you made the right decision on the Paxton, I know I did, I just didnt go the route youre taking going to Vegas with it. We talked sometime back if you remember and you weren't sure which way you were going. Since we talked I have also put a P51b Roush Mustang in my stable, which is also a screamin pony. Good Luck with youre new mod and be careful, It will seem like a new beast.

I must say, your car is beautiful!

When I picked my "Betsy" up on the 28tth of Aug...there she was!

My car to the upper left and Roger's upper right...

H005001.jpg

Both of ours: (Lot of glare that day)

H0050nSGT5123SC.jpg

Can't wait to see pics of the install, Harald! Congrats!!!

Dan

Harald, I believe you made the right decision on the Paxton, I know I did, I just didnt go the route youre taking going to Vegas with it. We talked sometime back if you remember and you weren't sure which way you were going. Since we talked I have also put a P51b Roush Mustang in my stable, which is also a screamin pony. Good Luck with youre new mod and be careful, It will seem like a new beast.

Thank for the support. Just about two weeks before I fly to Vegas. Will get it on Friday the 2nd. Plan on taking the tour again. Bud sent some pictures. Car is on the rack and all apart. Polished Paxton with Shelby plate in wrapper. Pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived