TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build time

gumball63146

Do you already have a car?

Do you want full performance package or just appearance?

Do you want it built in Vegas or will one of the other shops be ok?

All those questions will need to be answered to know if it can be done in time or not. Probably be best to contact the individual shop directly in order to find out if it would be possible to have one done by November. I think all the shops have a list right now, but would be best to check with them individually.

Here's a link to the mod shops with contact info:

Mod shops

Here's a link to the flyer with options:

Terlingua Flyer

Do you already have a car?

Do you want full performance package or just appearance?

Do you want it built in Vegas or will one of the other shops be ok?

All those questions will need to be answered to know if it can be done in time or not. Probably be best to contact the individual shop directly in order to find out if it would be possible to have one done by November. I think all the shops have a list right now, but would be best to check with them individually.

Here's a link to the mod shops with contact info:

Mod shops

Here's a link to the flyer with options:

Terlingua Flyer

Still looking for the right car.

Full performance package.

Preferably built in Vegas so I can drive it home after the show.

Still looking for the right car.

Full performance package.

Preferably built in Vegas so I can drive it home after the show.

I have no inside information, but I can pass along some observations.

I put a deposit down the 1st week of August and didn't receive my car until Christmas.

However, SPRSNK made his deposit the week after me and received his car in terlingua at the end of Sept.

Blip on the other hand has been waiting........at least 8 months for his car to be called in and then completed!

My guess is that LV has the longest list of customers waiting for conversion simply for the "mystical" intrinsic value :doh:

If you don't yet have a car and aren't even on a waiting list at LV yet; I would say your chances are slim getting it done for SEMA...................but it doesn't hurt to try.................or does it? :banghead:

:headscratch: Our experience with our Terlingua build has been very favorable. We saw our first Terlilngua at the Queen Mary Mustang Show in Oct, 2008. We contacted SAI in Nov and were told that SAI was not building the cars yet, but that we could put our name on the list to have one done. SAI contacted us in late March 09 and arrangements were made for us to deliver our car in May 09. We delivered the car to SAI on the 29th of May and expect it to be completed sometime around Sep 1st. We selected SAI to do the build because we live in Southern California and they are close. Our car is a base package, with the interior upgrade, and if finished on the expected date, would have been with SAI around 3 months. Hope this helps you...

:headscratch: Our experience with our Terlingua build has been very favorable. We saw our first Terlilngua at the Queen Mary Mustang Show in Oct, 2008. We contacted SAI in Nov and were told that SAI was not building the cars yet, but that we could put our name on the list to have one done. SAI contacted us in late March 09 and arrangements were made for us to deliver our car in May 09. We delivered the car to SAI on the 29th of May and expect it to be completed sometime around Sep 1st. We selected SAI to do the build because we live in Southern California and they are close. Our car is a base package, with the interior upgrade, and if finished on the expected date, would have been with SAI around 3 months. Hope this helps you...

Thanks to everyone for the info.

I think we might be in the running for the longest order-to-completion time. Placed out deposit in October of 08 with an expected build to begin in early February.

Didn't get the request to ship our car to Tasca until early May with deconstruction started in late May.

Our car 07TRT0304 is a base model with a few addtional add-ons after the Terlingua conversion is completed.

As of August 4th, last time we got any information from Tasca, car was not fully assembled or painted!!!

Just two months away from the 1 year mark.

(Typing this all out doesn't make me too happy...)

Thanks guys, and yup, trying to remain calm and professional, but really would love to have a good estimate on when the build will be finished.

From what I've seen of their work, Tasca builds a high quality product, so that's not an issue.

Just wish I could see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks guys, and yup, trying to remain calm and professional, but really would love to have a good estimate on when the build will be finished.

From what I've seen of their work, Tasca builds a high quality product, so that's not an issue.

Just wish I could see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I feel your pain Blip, I'm coming up on 21 weeks and counting for my build :drop:

Archived