TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Sway Bar Parts

Does anyone know how to obtain suspension parts for the Shelby GT's and GT-H's WITHOUT purchasing the entire kit??

Apparently I ran out of talent yesterday, and backed over a parking block with the GT-H...hitting the rear sway bar and cracking the rear aluminum sway bar mount. Today while I was under there, I noticed one of the rear dampers was leaking badly and also needs replacing.

How are we to obtain these parts as our cars run out of warranty? I don't have any desire to purchase the entire front and rear sway bar kit and damper kit for just one item from each.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...going on a road trip up north this weekend,

Thanks!

Kevin

Does anyone know how to obtain suspension parts for the Shelby GT's and GT-H's WITHOUT purchasing the entire kit??

Apparently I ran out of talent yesterday, and backed over a parking block with the GT-H...hitting the rear sway bar and cracking the rear aluminum sway bar mount. Today while I was under there, I noticed one of the rear dampers was leaking badly and also needs replacing.

How are we to obtain these parts as our cars run out of warranty? I don't have any desire to purchase the entire front and rear sway bar kit and damper kit for just one item from each.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...going on a road trip up north this weekend,

Thanks!

Kevin

Hey, Kevin since your in a rush for the weekend try and use an aftermarket one instead of stressing out. I'll also search for you and contacting kahman is a plus.

Anthony

Thanks!

Kevin

If the sway bar is the same as the GT500 I have a front/rear take off set from a 2009. If you are interested PM me.

Well, close...Steeda does the cold air kit, but not the suspension components, I just got off the phone with them. Any other ideas?

Kevin - sorry about your mishap. Are the GT-H suspension parts the same as the Ford Racing parts installed on the SGT?

If so, perhaps the FR M-5490-A Anti-rollbar kit is what's used.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=8685

Ford Racing also offers a hardware rebuild kit (M-5490-HWA) - I don't know whether your broken part is included in this kit.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=10916

They even offer individual replacement stabilizer bar links - M-5490-LINKA, which is the only aluminum part of the suspension that I am aware of.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=10900

Thanks for all your help! Yesterday I talked to a parts guy over at Ford that had a warranty replacement sway bar out back with one good bracket. He made me one helluva deal on it too!

We will be on our way in a few hours :shift:

6-speed, thanks for the info on the individual parts. I might just buy one and stash it away in a place that I'll never find it...just in case!

Archived