TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shorty antenna

cbr1000

Last I checked the shorty antenna for the '10 was not available. Anyone seen one yet? Right now I'm running without because I don't like the way it looks, and I'm not listening to AM/FM anyway. I was either thinking about making a black cap to fill the space or picking up a shorty antenna in the future.

Here's a link to shorty's for up to '09. If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about the link has pics.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-shorty-antenna.html

Last I checked the shorty antenna for the '10 was not available. Anyone seen one yet? Right now I'm running without because I don't like the way it looks, and I'm not listening to AM/FM anyway. I was either thinking about making a black cap to fill the space or picking up a shorty antenna in the future.

Here's a link to shorty's for up to '09. If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about the link has pics.

Thanks for the link! Just ordered one.

Guys it is super easy to shorten your antenna. You put it in a vice, use a claw hammer to pop off the ball, cut the length you want with a hack saw, use a Dremmel to grind the end slightly, press the ball back on. You can super glue it back on if you want, but if you check the fitting of the ball as you grind you can actually just press it back on with your hand. It took me about 15 minutes. If you scuff the end just use black touch up paint I would post a picture, but its pointless due to it being so easy.

I had one of these...for about a week. It snapped right off while washing the car.

Ken

Guys it is super easy to shorten your antenna. You put it in a vice, use a claw hammer to pop off the ball, cut the length you want with a hack saw, use a Dremmel to grind the end slightly, press the ball back on. You can super glue it back on if you want, but if you check the fitting of the ball as you grind you can actually just press it back on with your hand. It took me about 15 minutes. If you scuff the end just use black touch up paint I would post a picture, but its pointless due to it being so easy.

Exactly how I did mine, except I substituted a bench grinder for a Dremmel. It doesn't effect the AM/FM reception at all.

So, how much did you chop off? I'd like to get my antenna as small as possible..a few inches? I dunno, I might run without FM and find a small plastic cap/filler piece.

I ordered my 8" yesterday. American Racing has them on sale with free shipping.

Archived