TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MRR wheels

HHmmmm worked for me Ken...Ill see if I can get a pic posted somehow what do you think about the size of the tires?

The sizing sounds good to me man. I dig the rims too. Is it a good deal?

Ken

EDIT: How wide are the rims?

The sizing sounds good to me man. I dig the rims too. Is it a good deal?

Ken

EDIT: How wide are the rims?

Yes!, with tires around 2100-2500 for wheels and tires depending on tire choice. the fronts are 8.5 wide and the rears are 9.5. I am looking at 19's. I could find some BMW site guys digging these on the google search...but no stangs with them.

they are not Lightweight but weigh in at 25 and 29 lbs. The other wheels I like, Foose nitrious weigh in at 40 so those are out.

I am kinda concerned about the width not being wide enough what do you know from your travels Ken?

Thanks dude!

Yes!, with tires around 2100-2500 for wheels and tires depending on tire choice. the fronts are 8.5 wide and the rears are 9.5. I am looking at 19's. I could find some BMW site guys digging these on the google search...but no stangs with them.

they are not Lightweight but weigh in at 25 and 29 lbs. The other wheels I like, Foose nitrious weigh in at 40 so those are out.

I am kinda concerned about the width not being wide enough what do you know from your travels Ken?

Thanks dude!

Not a bad deal at all my man. As for width, if it was me, I'd go with at least 9.5 all the way around. You won't have any rubbing issues (same width as stock SVT rims) and tire rotation will be a breeze. However, if you just dig the staggered look (and lots do) then I'd do the 9.5 up front and a 10.5 in back (assuming they make one that wide in the style you like). But that's just me! The 9.5's in the back will allow you to cram enough extra rubber to notice a difference over stock tread for sure.

Good luck man and let us know which way you go!

Ken

Bum deal dude. Well I gotta say go with the 9.5 on all 4 corners. Wider = better, whether it's front or back. :shift:

Well would the 9.5 up front make the front end "heavy"???

Got any tire size recommendations???

Thanks for any input! ;)

Well would the 9.5 up front make the front end "heavy"???

Got any tire size recommendations???

Thanks for any input! ;)

Nope, not at all dude. It'll only handle even better! I'm not so good with side wall sizing, but I'd definitely go with at least a 275 width, preferably a 285 though.

So either a 285/35, 285/40, or 285/45? Call TireRack dude. I'm no help! :lol:

Ken

Nope, not at all dude. It'll only handle even better! I'm not so good with side wall sizing, but I'd definitely go with at least a 275 width, preferably a 285 though.

So either a 285/35, 285/40, or 285/45? Call TireRack dude. I'm no help! :lol:

Ken

Thyanks as always Ken!

Archived