TEAM SHELBY FORUM

first 2010 up close

glroy

I saw my first 2010 gt500 up close this past week end. Team member in Victoria was nice enough to meet up and let me have a look see. If I did not own an 07 I would be up for one of theses new ones. I like the interior, the added HP, and the rear will grow on you as will the front. My opinion is the car is more refined, more creature comforts; the radio controls in the steering wheel, the nicer seats, a more subdued front; all in all a luxury mussel car.

I will keep the 07 with it's front end that looks like it will take a big bite out of you, the radio controls on the dash (navigator looks after that), and the seats well the upgrade package will take care of that. The 07-09 have more of a retro mussel car styling, that says this car is meant to make HP. :happy feet:

Glen

Good comments...I would agree that the 07-09 had more of a retro-modern feel to it. Very classic design after the "edge" models from '99 to '04 (which was my least favorite). I loved the looks of the '05's and beyond. Then the Shelby in '07 just took it to another level.

The '10 is step beyond that with the needle bending over to the modern side of things. My first preference was to find a Grabber Orange '08 or '09 Shelby when I first started car shopping. But then I read so much about the '10 model that I changed my mind...and after seeing it in it's Grabber Blue with White stripes skin...well, I just had to get it. All in all I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.

The 2010 was built for a whole new audience, IMO. The 05-09 is for the Mustang man, the guy that's been with these cars since the beginning or not long after. The '10 feels more like a Euro sports car to me with it's design cues catering more to a BMW or Benz kinda guy. Not my cup of tea, after much thought, but I hope they sell anyway, just to keep the name alive for a future model that might suit my taste more.

Ken

In my opinion he 2010+ looks signficantly closer to the inspiration of all Shelby Gt500's made so far, the 68 Shelby.

And I think the '07-'09 look more like the '67. Look closely at the front end of the '67 / '07-'09 and then the '68 and '10. The '67 has a shorter flatter overhand and the '68 more of a forward pushing snout. Similar difference between '07-'09 and '10. Also the '67 hood went to the leading edge, just like '07-'09 and the '68 had bumper prior to hood, just like '10.

Of less signficance the '67 had the Shelby badge on the left read of the trunk and the '68 across the back. Similar to '07-09 and '10....

The 2010 was built for a whole new audience, IMO. The 05-09 is for the Mustang man, the guy that's been with these cars since the beginning or not long after. The '10 feels more like a Euro sports car to me with it's design cues catering more to a BMW or Benz kinda guy. Not my cup of tea, after much thought, but I hope they sell anyway, just to keep the name alive for a future model that might suit my taste more.

Ken

That's probably the best concise summary of the differences I've read yet. Great post. (IMHO, of course).

Archived