TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCGT5C has arrived

scgt5c

Got the call at 11:11AM today from the dealer that my car - White w/Blue has arrived :yahoo: :happy feet: :banvictory: :bandance: :elefant: :cheerleader: :banana piano: :hyper:

I was excited and nervous at the same time - kinda like waiting for the first born. Anyway hooked up the car trailer and drove an hour to pick her up and now she is home sitting in the garage.

When I arrived at the dealership, they were washing it and when I was completeing the paperwork it was brought to my attention the reason for a delay in my delivery was, "This vehicle was selected at random for road testing following assembly the odometer includes 55 miles registered during this evaluation."

Tomorrow will be a fun day! :shift: I haven't driven a manual in a few years.post-7112-1165381309_thumb.jpgpost-7112-1165381354_thumb.jpgpost-7112-1165381398_thumb.jpg

post-7112-1165381309_thumb.jpg

post-7112-1165381354_thumb.jpg

post-7112-1165381398_thumb.jpg

Congrats scgt5c! :banana piano: Thanks for the pic of the road test sticker, how late was your car because of testing? Find any McDonalds fries between your seats? :hysterical2: Haven't driven a stick? :shift:

:hysterical: Hope - no fries between the seats but the Sat radio was set on Hardrock and Howard Sterns.

According to paperwork left in my car and if I am reading it correctly, the was made on 9/22. According to CS the first delivery date was scheduled for 10/16, actual delivery date was late evening 12/04- aprox 52 days tied up in evaluations etc. I put 2.5 miles on it yesterday evening and did notice the car was as nervous as I was starting up in first gear. Just a little clatter. The last stick I drove was an '81 320i - it's been a while.

How many miles need to be registered before the Supercharger kicks in? I may need to add that mileage onto the evaluation mileage. I currently have 70 miles registered (55 evaluation, 2.5 my own, 12.5 unaccounted miles).

Today the GT500 is scheduled for a wash and wax job. Then I'll take it out for an afternoon work out.

Got the call at 11:11AM today from the dealer that my car - White w/Blue has arrived :yahoo: :happy feet: :banvictory: :bandance: :elefant: :cheerleader: :banana piano: :hyper:

I was excited and nervous at the same time - kinda like waiting for the first born. Anyway hooked up the car trailer and drove an hour to pick her up and now she is home sitting in the garage.

When I arrived at the dealership, they were washing it and when I was completeing the paperwork it was brought to my attention the reason for a delay in my delivery was, "This vehicle was selected at random for road testing following assembly the odometer includes 55 miles registered during this evaluation."

Tomorrow will be a fun day! :shift: I haven't driven a manual in a few years.post-7112-1165381309_thumb.jpgpost-7112-1165381354_thumb.jpgpost-7112-1165381398_thumb.jpg

I LOVE THAT COLOR COMBO - But some might say I'm Bias. Congrats & enjoy :happy feet:

:hysterical: Hope - no fries between the seats but the Sat radio was set on Hardrock and Howard Sterns.

According to paperwork left in my car and if I am reading it correctly, the was made on 9/22. According to CS the first delivery date was scheduled for 10/16, actual delivery date was late evening 12/04- aprox 52 days tied up in evaluations etc. I put 2.5 miles on it yesterday evening and did notice the car was as nervous as I was starting up in first gear. Just a little clatter. The last stick I drove was an '81 320i - it's been a while.

How many miles need to be registered before the Supercharger kicks in? I may need to add that mileage onto the evaluation mileage. I currently have 70 miles registered (55 evaluation, 2.5 my own, 12.5 unaccounted miles).

Today the GT500 is scheduled for a wash and wax job. Then I'll take it out for an afternoon work out.

50 starts is what I was told when I picked mine up from the tech. Supercharger wont really kick in (9psi) unless you make it kick in and the only way to do that is by not pussy footing her. Thats what I noticed.

50 starts is what I was told when I picked mine up from the tech. Supercharger wont really kick in (9psi) unless you make it kick in and the only way to do that is by not pussy footing her. Thats what I noticed.

No pussy footing here. After the wash and wax I decided to put some easy breakin miles on the car and to figure out the clutch release point. That was easy- step on the gas and pop the clutch :rolleyes: . Actually it was proper seat adjustment - works smoothly now. I picked up my 16 yr old newphew so he could have a ride - well the supercharger was not engaging but he thought it was fast enough. After another 5 miles on the odometer my nephew about sh-- in his pants. This car has been described numerous times on this site and IT's TRUE! This car just gets up and moves. It's definitely worth the wait and I know first hand how long that wait is. Thanks for all of your congrats and enjoy your car as well.

HO! HO! HO! Merry Christmas!!!! Yeah - the car is a blast! I am still smiling....

No pussy footing here. After the wash and wax I decided to put some easy breakin miles on the car and to figure out the clutch release point. That was easy- step on the gas and pop the clutch :rolleyes: . Actually it was proper seat adjustment - works smoothly now. I picked up my 16 yr old newphew so he could have a ride - well the supercharger was not engaging but he thought it was fast enough. After another 5 miles on the odometer my nephew about sh-- in his pants. This car has been described numerous times on this site and IT's TRUE! This car just gets up and moves. It's definitely worth the wait and I know first hand how long that wait is. Thanks for all of your congrats and enjoy your car as well.

HO! HO! HO! Merry Christmas!!!! Yeah - the car is a blast! I am still smiling....

The car is a blast, I describe it as a Crotch Rocket with four wheels ! ENJOY

That is definitely one clean looking machine, best of luck to you and enjoy.

Archived