TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hooked on Driving - Thunderhill

kahmann

I just finished my registration for the HoD event at Thunderhill that's happening this Friday, August 14th.

Is anyone else going? My brother is taking his GT500 on track for the first time ever, so that ought to make it more interesting for me.

It would be great if some fellow TS'ers could make it out!

Ken

http://www.hookedondriving.com/moreinfo1.cfm?Product_ID=264

http://www.hookedondriving.com/downloads/T..._Inspection.pdf

Thanks. Something just came up today so I can't make it. HOD runs a fun track day, have fun with your brother.

Thanks man. Hope to see you and your sweet 40th on the track some other time soon!

Carl (bigcarl1) will be there. Anyone else going? Colin? Dana? :lurk:

Ken

Thanks man. Hope to see you and your sweet 40th on the track some other time soon!

Carl (bigcarl1) will be there. Anyone else going? Colin? Dana? :lurk:

Ken

I still lack the roll bar on the vert so I can't track my car just yet. Unless I can use somebody else's car for the track I don't think I can make it.

Dana

I still lack the roll bar on the vert so I can't track my car just yet. Unless I can use somebody else's car for the track I don't think I can make it.

Dana

Hey Dana I didn't notice your post till now! Sorry man, you would have been more than welcome to join us. You gotta get that roll bar! Next time hopefully. :)

Anyway, we just got home after an exhausting day at the track. It was 90 degrees today, which was actually the coolest day in many days. My brother's GT500 got heat soaked for the first time ever in more than 2 years and 40,000 miles of beating on it. He loved the track and is ready for the Griggs SLA yesterday, along with the Shelby cooling package. His car was a complete monster out there. It was so easy to handle and power through any mistakes. I drove it for one session and it was the best series I've ever had on the track. I've definitely got a new priority of mods after today. ;)

I got some in car video for the first time, so I'll get that loaded up asap. It was a really awesome day all around. My wife loved it and had a great time. We had a lot of fun hanging out with and racing Carl. He even took my wife in his car for 2 of the 5 sessions. He's a great driver with an awesome SGT. And the HoD guys were great. They run a well organized, yet laid back operation, full of helpfulness, excitement, and track info. I'll definitely be back for their groups in the future.

Here are some of the pics.

Ken

HT4U2847.jpg

HT4U3347.jpg

HT4U3476.jpg

JR1N1576.jpg

Great pictures Ken!! Hurry up with that video.

I'll be ready to hit some track days come October!

Thanks a lot man, there's lots more to come. Glad to hear you'll be hitting the track soon! Carl and I would love the company of another SGT up there man.

DSC07992.jpg

DSC07993.jpg

DSC07995.jpg

DSC07996.jpg

DSC07997.jpg

Let me tell every body about ken I've been going to thunderhill for over three years and when ken get his Sgt track ready he is going to kick ass and take names I'm proud to call him a friend. Bigcarl

Hey Carl that's too nice of you man and it's a valued compliment from a hell of a driver with a hell of a car. I can't wait for those brakes and tires we were talking about, then maybe I can keep this thing under control! ;)

Thanks again buddy for letting us hang with you all day. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again soon! Let's grab lunch again before then though. :shift:

Ken

Ken,

Looks like you guys had a great day-

Thanks for sharing!!!

=-==-=-=-=-=-

We definitely did Kerry! Glad you dig the pics. I'm still working on the video uploads. Nothing is cooperating at the moment.

Archived