TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB Woes

chuckstang

the problem i'm having in reverse just started happening and i dont know if its related to the rest of the tranny getting worse. as far as the grinding goes thats been getting worse the car has to warm up alittle to start the grinding. the tech's reply was well the fluid is getting thinner as it gets hot which i can understand but with all other manuals i've driven through the years ( i'm 35 and have been driving stick since i was 12 use to steal my dads van with 3 speed on the column) as the tranny gets warm it gets easier to get in gear not like this thing. and as far as the rear goes everytime the say they fix it i get more problems.

Its ok you are not alone, take a deep breath

Same issue here, the hotter the tranny gets, the worse it performs.

The opposite should occur, it is normal to grind a bit when cold but once warm it should be like butter but for us cause something is wrong, that is not happening

Actually by the sounds of it , you have it worse

hang in there!

My gut feeling on these tranny issues is that the dealer doing the tranny repairs is making matters worse. I think VERY FEW dealers have a mechanic actually capable of proper tear down and rebuild of this tranny. The clutch is not so bad but once the tranny is hosed, you will not likely get better until the whole tranny is replaced as you do not have a dealer capable of rebuilding it. Get the ford zone rep involved. Grinding is NOT normal. Slight difficulty going into reverse when sitting still is.

The problem is with the dealer you are using for the work, not the design of the tranny. Does sound like the replacement clutch disks are having a different wear issue with chipping that the original disk does not. The disk is supposed to be the same material. Perhaps a different supplier?

ok so here is the latest i just got off the phone with the service guy and he tells me we did the rear again but didn't do anything with the tranny says tech said couldn't verify anything i just took him for a ride a couple days ago and showed him. he said tech said i was driving to fast, i scared him, and service guy says even though i showed him the grinding that i probably missed a shift. 1st i didnt miss any shifts the whole time we were out. if i did i would of said something. so my question now is does anyone here have the # for ford rep that i need to call to stop this nonsence. so i guess i'm not allowed to drive my car fast.. i'll be taking the manger for a ride tomorrow morning.

Here is the latest for me took the car back to the dealer for 1. No cruise control 2. Rear whining also bearing noise and a tinging sound only when really staying in it. 3. Trany grinding going into 2nd and sometimes 3rd also reverse once awhile. Noisey in 2nd all the time. at idle sound like marbles in the pan way worse then before. Alot of times i'm getting locked out of gears on shifts and I have to double clutch alot. So get a call cars done I say I want a tech to ride with me before I give back loaner and have to take the car back again no problem. Pull out of dealership with tech. 1st thing you hear is bearing noise from rear also whining above 40+ 2nd noisey in second ok I come to a stop and lay into it Guess what grinding into second and locked out have to double clutch and then try going into second again. so now I check cruise control and it works so i'm impressed with that 1. Next now the tining sound is louder and it doesn't matter if I stay in it or not but it's worse. Well after 2 weeks of not having my car its staying so it took that long to fix my cruise i guess. This will be 5th time for tranny and 5th time for rear. Can someone tell me what to tell these people .... Oh I forgot tech said not going into reverse is normal also said you have to put it in 1st first then reverse everytime. WHAT THE S--T IS THAT

that's a poor excuse.....almost as bad as the GT500 I found forsale before I bought mine that had tape marks in the door jambs and overspray in several locations...salesman told me that was Ford paint quality in 2008 and that since then it's gotten better??? I told him, maybe on a Ford Focus, but not a $53K+ convertible GT500!!

heres the latest from today and remember they to me yesterday my car was done and everything was fixed... took service manger for a ride he confirmed the whine and bearing noise in the rear he also comfirmed the grinding in 2nd and how noisey the tranny is while in 2nd.. now he says well do you wanna take it for the weekend and bring it back someday next week. i said no i want to take it home when i have no more problems and noise.. can you believe this nonsence.. oh yea tinging noise is fixed well atleast it didn't make that 1..

ouch sorry to hear

I gave up on my car (tranny/clutch)

I just will drive it till it can't drive and hope Ford fixes it

Because right now they will/cant do anything

the price you pay I guess for supercar performance from a $50k car

Just do what you told me chuckie, take it to another dealer. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

ok its been almost 3 weeks since i took the service manger for a ride. so yesterday i figurd i'd give a call to see whats going on. well i spoke to service writer and he says nothing haven't touched it yet have been trying to fit it in i'll get it in this week. upset i say ok no problem. then a few hours later the service manger gives me a call and says i spoke to ford and it'll be about amount to get the part i need cause the guy that has to make my part is busy. i ask well what is the part and he tells me ring and pinion. so let me get this rite there is only 1 guy that makes this part... also haven't touched trany said they got it to grind a couple of times but dont know. read me service bulletin said may experience noise in 1st or 2nd. so today i called ford and some 1 is supposed to call me back.. 6th time tranny 6th time rear. still not fixed. without car almost 2 months again. i am hott..

Archived