TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Castrol 5W-50 @ $1.94

Lutzcat

:censored: , I just paid $6/qt. Is this a regional thing or nationwide. Where are you?

I'm located in Tampa, I'm taking for granted it is nationwide. I stopped by today to see if they had any info for the Motorcraft that I tried to order two weeks ago and seen it, they only had one quart left, Going to their main warehouse in the morning and clean um out. Do you think the Castrol will be just as good as the Motorcraft?

Lutzcat

I'm located in Tampa, I'm taking for granted it is nationwide. I stopped by today to see if they had any info for the Motorcraft that I tried to order two weeks ago and seen it, they only had one quart left, Going to their main warehouse in the morning and clean um out. Do you think the Castrol will be just as good as the Motorcraft?

Lutzcat

The Castrol Full Synthetic is Ford Rated......... WSS-M2C931-A

My Shelby Manual Recommends Only............ WSS-M2C931-B

How big of a difference is this? Will it matter??

Does anyone know the difference between the A and B spec?

A = API SL

B = API SM

The SL oil is older, and was recommended for cars starting in 2001.

The SM oil is the newest class introduced in late 2004. The SM oil has slightly improved chemical properties such as oxidation resistance and wear protection. The differences are minor. I'd be shocked if even the best chemist could tell which you had in your car once it's been run for a few hundred miles, although if you'd rather play it safe go with the SM. Read the bottom of page 4 in the center paragraph.

oil_specs.pdf

Dave (P.S. I studied Chemical Engineering for 2 years, then switched to Mechanical)

oil_specs.pdf

Archived