TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Heat Exchanger

If you have an air to water cooled Shelby GT/SC or even a Mustang GT with an air to water heat exchanger for your supercharged car the new Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Puller Fan Heat Exchanger will work on your car. It might require an additional hose and fittings to leave the pump in the existing location but we have installed it on all models and the heat exchanger basically works on all platforms of the S197 chassis.

If you have any questions post them or send me a PM for more info.

VC

If you have an air to water cooled Shelby GT/SC or even a Mustang GT with an air to water heat exchanger for your supercharged car the new Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Puller Fan Heat Exchanger will work on your car. It might require an additional hose and fittings to leave the pump in the existing location but we have installed it on all models and the heat exchanger basically works on all platforms of the S197 chassis.

If you have any questions post them or send me a PM for more info.

VC

Van, is the radiator upgrade still in the works?

Van, is the radiator upgrade still in the works?

What blower are you using? The radiator is done. Works with KB and Whipple superchargers no problem. The Paxton takes up so much of the forward engine bay space that the fan shroud collides with the Paxton Kit. Most people don't want to cut their car up to make a radiator or something else fit but with a Paxton and this radiator, cutting would be required. Most cuts would not be visible as they would be under the front radiator plastic cover, then a little primer and paint, nobody would ever know but it is required.

The radiator is already in use in the Shelby SR along with the Heat Exchanger.

The Revan Racing Heat Exchanger and Radiator are the 2nd best upgrades (next to the blower) I have done to the car. Significant improvement in performance every day (street or track) due to the lower IAT and engines temps, even during a Florida summer, thanks Van!

As for the radiator install in a Paxton car it does require some minor fabrication, but totally worth it in my opinion. Move the two top radiator support brackets back 3/4" and remove 3/4" of sheet metal directly below the radiator support brackets. As Van pointed out these are not visible. No modifications required for a Whipple or KB install so that's a no brainer.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=700211

What blower are you using? The radiator is done. Works with KB and Whipple superchargers no problem. The Paxton takes up so much of the forward engine bay space that the fan shroud collides with the Paxton Kit. Most people don't want to cut their car up to make a radiator or something else fit but with a Paxton and this radiator, cutting would be required. Most cuts would not be visible as they would be under the front radiator plastic cover, then a little primer and paint, nobody would ever know but it is required.

The radiator is already in use in the Shelby SR along with the Heat Exchanger.

Techco 3.0, hope it fits :headscratch:

The Revan Racing Heat Exchanger and Radiator are the 2nd best upgrades (next to the blower) I have done to the car. Significant improvement in performance every day (street or track) due to the lower IAT and engines temps, even during a Florida summer, thanks Van!

As for the radiator install in a Paxton car it does require some minor fabrication, but totally worth it in my opinion. Move the two top radiator support brackets back 3/4" and remove 3/4" of sheet metal directly below the radiator support brackets. As Van pointed out these are not visible. No modifications required for a Whipple or KB install so that's a no brainer.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=700211

Thanks for the input Cuda!

ken get on this lol i know you want to.

I've had the radiator and a custom built coolant tank that'll fit in the battery box on order for a week or so already. :)

Van, I'll get those dimensions to you this week, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived