TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got the SGT back from paint

Kflagg

Picked the sgt up today from getting the stripes painted on,of course it was raining so will try for some pics tomorow and post up.I am very pleased with how it turned out and love the car even more now. :happy feet:

KF

Congrats!!

Picked the sgt up today from getting the stripes painted on,of course it was raining so will try for some pics tomorow and post up.I am very pleased with how it turned out and love the car even more now. :happy feet:

KF

Getting the stripes painted sounds like a good idea! I may end up getting mine painted someday after the warranty is up and I get tired of all the spotting on the stripes.

How much did it cost?

-yellow pony

Hummm...why did they cut out around the rear break light, faux gas cap, and plate area and not paint in, behind and around?

Isn't that the way the original stripes are?, I'm at work so I can't check it on my car.

Hummm...why did they cut out around the rear break light, faux gas cap, and plate area and not paint in, behind and around?

that's the way the vinyl does. I had my shop do the same thing to make it look as close to the original as possible. We measured, took pics, had set back exact on the roof stripes, etc....little more trouble to do it this way, but well worth it. That is a great price that he did the work for. I suspect at this price, he did not clear the entire panels or did he. I would think at that price he cleared painted stripe only which is the way I like them as it still gives them an "edge". Looks great! Craig :happy feet:

Isn't that the way the original stripes are?, I'm at work so I can't check it on my car.

Yeah, but if you're going to paint why not make them look painted and not like vinyl?

There is someone there that had their stripes painted, black car, and it look AWESOME with the stripes done as if they were painted day one.

Here is a pic!

Guess it's personal preference!

Shelby033.jpg

Shelby033.jpg

Yeah, but if you're going to paint why not make them look painted and not like vinyl?

There is someone there that had their stripes painted, black car, and it look AWESOME with the stripes done as if they were painted day one.

Here is a pic!

Guess it's personal preference!

I think I would go this route too...

thats a good price.. and it looks great.. congrats.. i asked one of my friends and he said if i wanted to paint the stripes i have to paint that whole car.. that is not true right?

No, but if you want them to look clean without jagged edges, you'd have to have the hood, bumpers, roof, and trunk all completely re-clearcoated.

If his was done this way (the right way, IMO) for $725, I'm shocked.

Ken

Archived