TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Used 2010...900 miles

War Eagle

That's exactly the guy. His wife probably is threatening for divorce so he must sell or lost his job the day he picked it up.

Possibly, but think of it this way: If he sells it even exactly what he paid for it then he comes out ahead! He buys a NEW high end sports car dives it for a month or 2 and finds someone desperate enough to buy it from him for the same amt he paid. He would get to drive a different new car every 2 months or so and it wouldn't ever cost him a dime. He basically gets free brand new transportation. I think this guy is a "car flipper"...

Possibly, but think of it this way: If he sells it even exactly what he paid for it then he comes out ahead! He buys a NEW high end sports car dives it for a month or 2 and finds someone desperate enough to buy it from him for the same amt he paid. He would get to drive a different new car every 2 months or so and it wouldn't ever cost him a dime. He basically gets free brand new transportation. I think this guy is a "car flipper"...

Wow, now that would make a great TV show....Instead of real estate flips the star of the show would drive a different, brand new exotic or expensive sports car each week. The show would center around the purchase and sell of the cars along with trips to the track and speedway.

Also he would have a beautiful new girlfriend with each car. Anyone on the board available for the starring role. :drop:

Steve

Here is another one down the street from me..........selling for FINANCIAL PROBLEMS??? The guy has a new big house, a Range Rover, new Charger, BMW and Escallade. Tell me there isnt something fishey about this??!!

Looks pretty nice though....I don't know, 2Sharpie. Maybe his wife wants a $50,000 remodel of the bathroom in their new house or something? ;)

Here is another one down the street from me..........selling for FINANCIAL PROBLEMS??? The guy has a new big house, a Range Rover, new Charger, BMW and Escallade. Tell me there isnt something fishey about this??!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Sounds to me like all that might be the SOURCE of his financial problems.

I think a few of you have hit the nail on the head on these "distressed" and "rare" sales. When the new Nissan GT-R came out, many folks - including one of my neighbors - purchased them to try and flip them for a profit. For those that don't know the GT-R, do a little research and you'll see this is a pretty formidable vehicle. Regardless, the idea was that since only 1500 or so were being brought into the US, that buying them even for a small markup would still yield significant gains. Well, what ended up happening was that the launch control aspect of the car, which had been widely communicated by Nissan, was blowing transmissions up to the tune of $21K each; yes, that's almost half the cost of a base GT500. Further, Nissan was advising that if you launched your car without traction control on that you would immediately be voiding your power train warranty. They did release an upgrade to the software that was supposed to yield similar performance with traction control off, but there's different thoughts on this and the damage was done. Once the word of this got out, and the fact that the prevailing economy began to tank, the dealer markups began to quickly dissapear and even TODAY there are early models still sitting on showroom floors going for sticker (can't get them for a discount no matter what; I guess they want show pieces in their showrooms). So, the folks that were keeping them in their garages and putting them on ebay are now unloading them with no profit whatsoever. Their only saving grace is that the MSRP of these cars were raised 3 times in the span of a few months. So, while the original MSRP was around $73K, the latter imports are closer to $80k with absolutely no changes in the product offering. So, a very few (especially those with in-demand colors) might still make a little dough, but not a killing.

Same thing with the 2010 GT500, there was a lot of "buzz" regarding demand, but with the economy the way it is - and never mind the psychological trauma most folks feel in paying $50K for a mustang - it hasn't been as brisk as expected. Hell, when the 2007s came out in mid 2006 you would have NEVER seen a dealership post one with a "Best Offer"; never mind for below sticker. So, now you have these clowns trying to dump the goods before the other similarly minded nuts saturate the market with "used" GT500s and drive resale prices down. Doesn't concern me, though, I'm not planning on getting rid of mine for a VERY long time; if at all.

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

Doesn't work out quite that nicely if you're in a state that charges a tax every time you buy.

Archived