TEAM SHELBY FORUM

550 Whipple

ok, after being socially acceptable i.e. driving nice to break in the new gears, clutch, etc. I finally had some fun this weekend. We met up w/ friends and went to 2 cruise ins. First one was from 1-5pm here in town and then the next one was about 45 miles away. A group us went and had a good time talking BS and eating good food. The Whipple drew all kinds of attention at the cruise ins to say the least. I drove like an old man all day until we were coming back home. Friend of mine was in front of me getting on the interstate and he dogged his Stage 1 and I let him go......then, for the first time....I let loose w/ the Whipple on this long straight on ramp....Yes, the wife was in the car so I knew I was already playing with fire....wasn't long I passed my Roush buddy who later asked, WTH, how fast were you going? I told him, I don't know....everything was going so fast I wasn't particulary looking at gauges. Now before you start flaming....late at night, no traffic just us and the road....We did have 5 other Mustangs behind us and they immediatly lost sight and never saw us again for the next 45 miles. I can honestly say that this 550 Whipple is an ANIMAL. I am so happy with this set up that I now have a new found grin....Everyone keeps asking, what are you so happy about. I wonder......oh and the wife, we got home and said something like, that car will fly! Can't wait to drive it again......... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Craig

ok, after being socially acceptable i.e. driving nice to break in the new gears, clutch, etc. I finally had some fun this weekend. We met up w/ friends and went to 2 cruise ins. First one was from 1-5pm here in town and then the next one was about 45 miles away. A group us went and had a good time talking BS and eating good food. The Whipple drew all kinds of attention at the cruise ins to say the least. I drove like an old man all day until we were coming back home. Friend of mine was in front of me getting on the interstate and he dogged his Stage 1 and I let him go......then, for the first time....I let loose w/ the Whipple on this long straight on ramp....Yes, the wife was in the car so I knew I was already playing with fire....wasn't long I passed my Roush buddy who later asked, WTH, how fast were you going? I told him, I don't know....everything was going so fast I wasn't particulary looking at gauges. Now before you start flaming....late at night, no traffic just us and the road....We did have 5 other Mustangs behind us and they immediatly lost sight and never saw us again for the next 45 miles. I can honestly say that this 550 Whipple is an ANIMAL. I am so happy with this set up that I now have a new found grin....Everyone keeps asking, what are you so happy about. I wonder......oh and the wife, we got home and said something like, that car will fly! Can't wait to drive it again......... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Craig

Congrats on the Whipple 550...I want one so bad I can taste it, but I've got to find another job before I can even start to really think about one...Sucks being laid off for four months and reading about all the mods you guys are throwing into your cars...Guess I'm lucky to still be able to hang on to my car so far...hope my luck doesn't run out on that part...

Keep us posted on how she's running...I'm having to live vicariously through everyone else's posts....

I'm pulling the trigger in Oct to Tasca we go

Tasca put mine on hold and never rescheduled? :headscratch: I was scheduled for July 11 when the announcement was made about the new releases and they said they didn't have enough information. I guess I got them mad with all the questions I had.

Tasca put mine on hold and never rescheduled? :headscratch: I was scheduled for July 11 when the announcement was made about the new releases and they said they didn't have enough information. I guess I got them mad with all the questions I had.

check with Glenn Martini at QP in Dallas if the is an option for you. They did mine and they are great to work with.

I know how you feel. I lurked and read all the others and saved my $$ while trying to convince the wife...Her question seemed to always be, why do you need to do this to a brand new car. Women! To be honest, sometimes it was so bad that I didn't even want to read another post about someone getting SC'd, not because I wasn't happy for them, but because I wanted one so bad and knew the time was not right. But in the end, all the waiting was worth it ..... so hang in there and if we are ever in the same town....well, let's just say, I'll throw ya the keys!!!! Craig

Wait till you go to the track and let her loose. The 550hp kit has to be a 11 second 1/4 mile time. Very Nice.

I sure hope so, but right now I am trying to get wider tires/wheels for the backend before I go. Everyone says that once you get more HP you'll want more.....so far that's not my case. May come in time but right now I am thrilled with what it's got. Also, with the fact that this is the most I can go without getting into the internals that should hold me back. Not slamming anyone, but I still don't quite understand why these cars didn't come with at least 400 HSP. Well, in reality I do understand.....money!

I know how you feel. I lurked and read all the others and saved my $$ while trying to convince the wife...Her question seemed to always be, why do you need to do this to a brand new car. Women! To be honest, sometimes it was so bad that I didn't even want to read another post about someone getting SC'd, not because I wasn't happy for them, but because I wanted one so bad and knew the time was not right. But in the end, all the waiting was worth it ..... so hang in there and if we are ever in the same town....well, let's just say, I'll throw ya the keys!!!! Craig

Did you get the new GT/SC release, with the brake upgrade, gauge pod, underhood plaque and all the neat stuff... or just the supercharger?

Did you get the new GT/SC release, with the brake upgrade, gauge pod, underhood plaque and all the neat stuff... or just the supercharger?

Doug, here is what I got....

550 Whipple polished

Chrome cam covers

Baer brakes-drilled/slotted

s/s brake lines

Hawk HPS brake pads

3.73 gears

I furnished SOS A pillar pod x3

I furnished the Autometer gauges

Spec 2 clutch

Doug, here is what I got....

550 Whipple polished

Chrome cam covers

Baer brakes-drilled/slotted

s/s brake lines

Hawk HPS brake pads

3.73 gears

I furnished SOS A pillar pod x3

I furnished the Autometer gauges

Spec 2 clutch

I've seen it. It's a nice set up! You know what I have to do to get one. How are your clutch issues? So when you tromped on it did GG lecture you or just turn white and wasn't able to talk? :hysterical: Dave

I've seen it. It's a nice set up! You know what I have to do to get one. How are your clutch issues? So when you tromped on it did GG lecture you or just turn white and wasn't able to talk? :hysterical: Dave

thanks Dave. Hope you are coming along with the challenge of your better half...worth it for all the right reasons and a s/c to boot! Clutch is doing much better now...think it has broken in and I have learned how to drive it. GG didn't lecture me other than at 5800 rpms said, "ur gonna get a ticket". Other than that I think she liked it. Remember, she is the same women who use to destroy cars that had a 4bbl big block. She couldn't stay off the throttle back in the old days...... :hysterical:

MY WIFE FLAT OUT REFUSES TO RIDE IN EITHER MY GT500 OR

GT/SC. I TOOK HER FOR A RIDE ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND SINCE

THEN I KNOW BETTER THAN TO TAKE HER WITH ME. THE DRIVE

BECOMES A MOBILE BITCH SESSION ON HOW FAST I AM GOING. I REMEMBER

POSTING BACK IN LATE APRIL 09 ON HOW MUCH OF AN ANIMAL THIS CAR IS

WITH THE WHIPPLE 550 KIT.

MY WIFE FLAT OUT REFUSES TO RIDE IN EITHER MY GT500 OR

GT/SC. I TOOK HER FOR A RIDE ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND SINCE

THEN I KNOW BETTER THAN TO TAKE HER WITH ME. THE DRIVE

BECOMES A MOBILE BITCH SESSION ON HOW FAST I AM GOING. I REMEMBER

POSTING BACK IN LATE APRIL 09 ON HOW MUCH OF AN ANIMAL THIS CAR IS

WITH THE WHIPPLE 550 KIT.

HA! So I guess we do have the perfect CARS! I never did like talking or listening to the radio when I drive anyway. Think I'll scare her a few more times to see if I can accomplish what you have been able to do! Thanks for the advice SCOTTY

Congrats on the new found power, I sure hope to be there one day. As has been mentioned, traction is your biggest problem when you want to dump the clutch, even stock these cars don't hook well unless you have DR's. Please post some vids of the whine if time allows. Be safe out there and again congrats.

Congratulations!

I got a quote from Bud last Thursday. I want the 550 (polished) boost gauge, underhood plaque and side stripe. (I already have brakes and the gauge pod from my GT-California)

He gave me an e-mail address that I sent to, and have still not heard back!

I thought with economy and all...

I think I will re-PM Bud to see whats what...

Can't wait! :drool:

Dan

Craig,

What's up buddy! Sounds like you are having fun.

I took my wife out two weeks ago for the first time since we had the S/C put in back in March. I got on it getting on the Highway because there was a vette in front of me (for about 2 seconds then he was in my rearview). Wife looked at me and said "holy crap this thing is way faster", I smiled and said I didn't get all the way into it either. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I was at Sam's Club in Baton Rouge an hour ago and ran into a guy with an 08 Vert (I think #1779) chatted with him for a bit. Guy has 2 GT500's, his 08 Vert, and a Shelby/Saleen. I guess Saleen took a GT500 and modified it...car looks nice I saw a pic.

Not slamming anyone, but I still don't quite understand why these cars didn't come with at least 400 HSP.

Don't get me started again! YES these cars should have come with more HP. They let this pony out of the coral with baby balls, or should I say" its a track car"! Oh ya that's right when you f*ck up a great car you use the "it's a track car" excuse. Unreal. That sounds like a girl whining..."low HP is for track use". I love the looks of this car, and I really love the car, but these Shelby GT's were made for CS and to help is his money come back. And NO I'll never put another $10K into this SGT.

Congratulations!

I got a quote from Bud last Thursday. I want the 550 (polished) boost gauge, underhood plaque and side stripe. (I already have brakes and the gauge pod from my GT-California)

Dan

Dan,

Send your info to me. Bud is on vacation until the 17th.

Roger

rogers@shelbyautos.com or call me Monday 702-942-7325 ext. 145

Not slamming anyone, but I still don't quite understand why these cars didn't come with at least 400 HSP.

Don't get me started again! YES these cars should have come with more HP. They let this pony out of the coral with baby balls, or should I say" its a track car"! Oh ya that's right when you f*ck up a great car you use the "it's a track car" excuse. Unreal. That sounds like a girl whining..."low HP is for track use". I love the looks of this car, and I really love the car, but these Shelby GT's were made for CS and to help is his money come back. And NO I'll never put another $10K into this SGT.

Dave,

When are you going to sell that car? :confused:

Roger

I agree that I would of liked for the car to come with more than it did, but nobody called me and asked for my input....and of course when I bought the car, I knew very well what it had and didn't have. Even if it had come with 400hp, I would of eventually done what I did which is go w/ the 550 Whipple. Best damn money I have spent in quite some time and I still love the car just as much as I did the first day I laid my eyes on it. My dream was to always own a Shelby some day and I had to wait many, many years for that to happen and be quite frank, I am very glad that CS produced a car that I could afford at the time....sure we all want more power, but as I think over the years and all the cars I have had, I never owned a one that I thought had enough! JMO Craig

Craig,

What's up buddy! Sounds like you are having fun.

I took my wife out two weeks ago for the first time since we had the S/C put in back in March. I got on it getting on the Highway because there was a vette in front of me (for about 2 seconds then he was in my rearview). Wife looked at me and said "holy crap this thing is way faster", I smiled and said I didn't get all the way into it either. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I was at Sam's Club in Baton Rouge an hour ago and ran into a guy with an 08 Vert (I think #1779) chatted with him for a bit. Guy has 2 GT500's, his 08 Vert, and a Shelby/Saleen. I guess Saleen took a GT500 and modified it...car looks nice I saw a pic.

Hi Jase, good to hear from you. Yes, I am having way too much fun! What are u doing in BR? Noticed you hadn't posted in awhile. We need to get together sometime....Craig

Congratulations!

Dan

Congrats Dan...you will absolutely love it! I never thought I would go to bed at night and have trouble sleeping thinking about a fetched car! I know, I'm sick! Only known cure, drive it like you stole it!

Hi Jase, good to hear from you. Yes, I am having way too much fun! What are u doing in BR? Noticed you hadn't posted in awhile. We need to get together sometime....Craig

Uncle Sam has decided it is my turn this summer to do a bunch of airshows and demonstrations. Atlanta last week, Baton Rouge this past. I am home (I think this week) then back to GA somewhere followed by a PA trip. Looks like end of Sept first of Oct things will slow down a bit.

:lastyear:

Now then if you have a weak constitution stop reading this post now....

:soapbox:

Dave, you really should show some respect to Carroll and the rest of the guys, they worked hard to make this happen to listen to you whine.. I dont think you can drive worth a crap otherwise you would not be complaining. Sorry to be so direct but come the F on. This is ridiculous. S/C it or sell it or STFU already. Period.

I will leave you an open invitation if you come north to the west side you can ride passenger in my car on the street and I'd bet you'd be next on the whipple list.

:goodnight:

:lastyear:

Now then if you have a weak constitution stop reading this post now....

:soapbox:

Dave, you really should show some respect to Carroll and the rest of the guys, they worked hard to make this happen to listen to you whine.. I dont think you can drive worth a crap otherwise you would not be complaining. Sorry to be so direct but come the F on. This is ridiculous. S/C it or sell it or STFU already. Period.

I will leave you an open invitation if you come north to the west side you can ride passenger in my car on the street and I'd bet you'd be next on the whipple list.

:goodnight:

Love to meet you and NO I am not dising anyone, it has just been my .02 cents since I owned the car. So sorry if I came off that way I just get going on the small HP and here we are. And on my driving...meh you know nothing about me or my driving so I take your insult as a joke :) I hope that spells it out. Never would I ever dis CS or any Shelby owner, I love the cars and love mine even if I don't like the HP output.

Archived