TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window sticker

tdusseau

If your build date is changed will the date on the online window sticker update to show this change?

That is a good question I hope someone can answer.

Also what does the build date mean? Is that the date they start or finish the car. My build date is today 8/6.

Steve

Form what I was told that is the actuall day it will be built. From what I have been reading this is a one day project? Does this sound correct?

How long does it take to put a car together, you figure it is attached to the assembly line so you think it would just keep moving..... :headscratch:

Form what I was told that is the actuall day it will be built. From what I have been reading this is a one day project? Does this sound correct?

How long does it take to put a car together, you figure it is attached to the assembly line so you think it would just keep moving..... :headscratch:

If you really want to hear something strange......I just got off the phone with a Customer Service rep at Ford who said she could not tell me the specific production status of my car only that it went into production "a while back" and was "somewhere in Michigan". She had two sources for a delivery date to the Dealer, one was 8/10 and the other was 8/22, neither matched my original estimated delivery date of 8/23.

I really think the car will be finished this week sometime and may get to me sometime between 8/20 and 8/25. The plant told me a week or so ago that the car might get on the line either the Thursday or Friday (7/30 or 7/31) before it was scheduled as they were running ahead of schedule. I don't think the records are being updated when a change occurs. I think it may be a day or two ahead of schedule but the 8/10 date is absolutely incorrect.

Can't get the Dealer to call me back with their spin on it because they are so busy with cash for clunkers sales.

Gotta love the suspense

Steve

I can tell you with my car the date on the window sticker was NOT the day the car was built, IIRC mine said the 17th but I was able to confirm from a source on the inside it was built on the 18th. There are a couple of other things you can look for that can help you determine when the car was built before and after you receive the car. The first thing I noticed was at Syncmyride.com, my vin showed my sync getting an upgrade on June 18th. If you have not registered at SYNC I highly suggest you do so and check your account daily. I also did not have my dealer prep my car, if you elect to do not have that done you will see stickers on protective plastic wrapping, the latest date I found was on my passenger seat with a date of June 18th. At that time I felt that was the build date, but the source was the one who confirmed it for me. I think your dealer can get that info for you too, they just have to run the report before you take possession of the car, I tried to get the report from my dealer two days after I took delivery and he told me that car was already out of the system showing as sold. My salesperson who witnessed his daughters GT being built a few years back told me hers was a one day process, it started in the morning and was done in the sometime after lunch. It also seems like the PDF window stickers show up online on Sunday mornings for the next week or so build.

If you really want to hear something strange......I just got off the phone with a Customer Service rep at Ford who said she could not tell me the specific production status of my car only that it went into production "a while back" and was "somewhere in Michigan". She had two sources for a delivery date to the Dealer, one was 8/10 and the other was 8/22, neither matched my original estimated delivery date of 8/23.

I really think the car will be finished this week sometime and may get to me sometime between 8/20 and 8/25. The plant told me a week or so ago that the car might get on the line either the Thursday or Friday (7/30 or 7/31) before it was scheduled as they were running ahead of schedule. I don't think the records are being updated when a change occurs. I think it may be a day or two ahead of schedule but the 8/10 date is absolutely incorrect.

Can't get the Dealer to call me back with their spin on it because they are so busy with cash for clunkers sales.

Gotta love the suspense

Steve

You will find the Ford cust svc line can be quite clueless, many of us who were part of the first wave of waiting for our cars to be built got very inconsistant information from them. I'd work the dealer to run that report Grabber refers to in a prior post.

If your build date is changed will the date on the online window sticker update to show this change?

todd--my window sticker date never changed on the bottom of the window sticker, but when the car was built it the actual date showed up on the final window sticker in the top section, 2 weeks before i actually received my car--hopethat helps

todd--my window sticker date never changed on the bottom of the window sticker, but when the car was built it the actual date showed up on the final window sticker in the top section, 2 weeks before i actually received my car--hopethat helps

Bob

My date on the bottom does change, and as of right now I do have a date of 8-10-2009. (120090810) blend (3694) With all this talk of cars getting on the line early I was interested if they also update the PDF. Window sticker to show the new build date.

Just off the phone with Ford CS and delivery date is now 8/24-8/31. He also said car is ""in production" already? WHAT!!!! I asked does this mean it is being built???

So does anyone know how long it takes from start to finish on line? I figure with 3-shifts it should only take a day, two at the most. But I have no idea.

My window sticker had the build date of 2009/06/11. When I picked up my car I asked the new car manager if he could pin point a build date on the car. He pulled out a book and told me the car started production on June 8 and was finished ready to ship June 16. Hope this sheds some light.

Bob

My date on the bottom does change, and as of right now I do have a date of 8-10-2009. (120090810) blend (3694) With all this talk of cars getting on the line early I was interested if they also update the PDF. Window sticker to show the new build date.

Just off the phone with Ford CS and delivery date is now 8/24-8/31. He also said car is ""in production" already? WHAT!!!! I asked does this mean it is being built???

So does anyone know how long it takes from start to finish on line? I figure with 3-shifts it should only take a day, two at the most. But I have no idea.

Great news. The very bottom number is the last time you looked at it.The 8/10 date is the end date for production--it should have gone into prodcuction this last Monday.Since youre in Atl,itll come by CSX like mine and should take a week once its loaded on the train,or less.Maybe your dealer can contact the truck delivery service and tell them its a rush,and they will pick it up quicker.The railyard is in Hapeville at the old Taurus plant.I was asked if i wanted to pick it up myself and said no,but if you wanted to you probably could drive it to your dealer--good luck

I finally got a hold of my Sales manager a few minutes ago and my car has already been built and completed before the build date on the sticker of 08/06. It is scheduled to arrive at the Dealership on Friday 8/21. This is two days earlier than the original estimate and matches what I was told that it would hit the production line a couple of days early.

So it looks like the plant did actually get the car built before the 08/06 date. That is very interesting.

I am now two weeks away from getting my car.

:party2: :party2: :party2:

Steve

Also what does the build date mean? Is that the date they start or finish the car. My build date is today 8/6.

Steve

The build date is the day when your car comes alive (filled with gas).

Awesome stuff, your car is almost here. Congrats! :happy feet:

Great news. The very bottom number is the last time you looked at it.The 8/10 date is the end date for production--it should have gone into prodcuction this last Monday.Since youre in Atl,itll come by CSX like mine and should take a week once its loaded on the train,or less.Maybe your dealer can contact the truck delivery service and tell them its a rush,and they will pick it up quicker.The railyard is in Hapeville at the old Taurus plant.I was asked if i wanted to pick it up myself and said no,but if you wanted to you probably could drive it to your dealer--good luck

Oh that is tempting. I am working out at the airport, that puts me about 3 minutes from where she will be waiting.......what to do, oh what to do.

I GOT BUILD WEEK OF 8/10/09 I CANT GET MY WINDOW STICKER TO COME UP DONT KNOW WHY ANY HELP OR INFO I WOULD BE THANK FULL :headscratch:

KB,

Mine came up on the Sunday morning the week prior to them starting on the car. I bet your sticker will pop up tomorrow morning.

What is your Vin #?

Steve

Archived