TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton S/C

Hi all!!!!!

Today I talked with the Paxton Spokesman Gil Cormaci. This is what he told me.

Now, before any of you who have an 06 flood me :hysterical: I need to order a couple sets :)

1. NO Paxtons for ANY 05's V6 or V8

2. Paxton is smog legal for ALL 06's-----V6 and V8's

Paxton is smog legal for the 07 V8 IF you have a kit dated before June 12 2008. Basically that means for us---NO Paxton's for the 07 V8's (we do not have any in stock)

3. At this time, there are NO smog legal Paxton's for the V8 07's (see line 2) 08's 09's or 20120's!!!! They are working on it, but at this time he could not give me any type of date when they will become smog legal. This could take a long time folks---sorry :(

4. Paxton IS smog legal forALL 06-09 V6's and I think the V6 2010's too (need to reverify)

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Hi all!!!!!

Now, before any of you who have an 06 flood me :hysterical: I need to order a couple sets :)

Paxton is smog legal for the 07 V8 IF you have a kit dated before June 12 2008. Basically that means for us---NO Paxton's for the 07 V8's (we do not have any in stock)

3. At this time, there are NO smog legal Paxton's for the V8 07's (see line 2) 08's 09's or 20120's!!!! They are working on it, but at this time he could not give me any type of date when they will become smog legal. This could take a long time folks---sorry :(

4. Paxton IS smog legal forALL 06-09 V6's and I think the V6 2010's too (need to reverify)

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Bud

Is this just to to meet the tougher California (CARB) and the Northeastern states' emissions standards, or does it not even meet otherwise applicable federal emissions standards for the 2008 V8's?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi all!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Bud, I will be calling to work out details.

This is so weird to me, since the blowers are identical for all years. :headscratch:

The blowers may still be the same, but the emissions systems changed on the car. There lies the problem :(

Bud

Is this just to to meet the tougher California (CARB) and the Northeastern states' emissions standards, or does it not even meet otherwise applicable federal emissions standards for the 2008 V8's?

Thanks,

Matt

From "my" understanding, if it passes CARB, it will pass in all states. And from talking with Gil, I took it as he can't even sell a kit for the 07-2010's (V8's). I could be wrong on that part, but that's how I took it. Now these are the kits with the Shelby tags on them.

Paxton maybe able to sell kits to area's with out smog regulations, but you may not get the tune for them. You would have to get a custom tune for the vehicle. That part of it was a bit foggy to me.

Bud

The blowers may still be the same, but the emissions systems changed on the car. There lies the problem :(

From "my" understanding, if it passes CARB, it will pass in all states. And from talking with Gil, I took it as he can't even sell a kit for the 07-2010's (V8's). I could be wrong on that part, but that's how I took it. Now these are the kits with the Shelby tags on them.

Paxton maybe able to sell kits to area's with out smog regulations, but you may not get the tune for them. You would have to get a custom tune for the vehicle. That part of it was a bit foggy to me.

Bud

Bud, Roger S. told me you are on vacation. I sent him an email and cc you.

I dont understand this stuff. The Paxton is no good for the 07 or 08's, yet there are guys here that have the NOVI installed. Whats the diffrence? I am not that familiar. Anyhow, I am going with the Kenney Bell.

There are two ways you can have a Paxton on an '07 or '08. It either had to be installed before Paxton lost its CARB cert in June of 2008, or you can have it installed and get no Registry entry or the Shelby Plaque on the head unit. (not a authorized SGT/SC)

Chris

Archived