TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Value of '07 Shelby GT

teranfon

Hi everyone

I'm curious of everyone's opinion in regards to the value of a particular car. It's a 2007 Shelby GT, black in colour, manual, and without any additional equipment. It has a shade under 1600 miles. The car is currently owned by the original owner, and apparently is in showroom condition. It has never been in any adverse weather and always maintained.

The owner has all documentation including the sales documents and all applicable Shelby paperwork.

Emotions aside, what do you consider to be the appropriate value for such a car? I feel $25 000.00 is a realistic price. Too low? Too high?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Terry

Its not really a BARGAIN, but its probably worth the money. Its NOT an INVESTMENT!!!!

MM

I came back to edit this after I read it. It can be an investment, but your going to lose money on it for the first 5-10 years at least, then the SGT might start climbing again!

I gues what I should have said is that is a POOR investment if your looking to see ANY return on your money over the next 10 years!

Its not really a BARGAIN, but its probably worth the money. Its NOT an INVESTMENT!!!!

MM

I came back to edit this after I read it. It can be an investment, but your going to lose money on it for the first 5-10 years at least, then the SGT might start climbing again!

I gues what I should have said is that is a POOR investment if your looking to see ANY return on your money over the next 10 years!

Thanks for the information so far everyone. If anyone has anything else to add, them please do so.

I'm beginning to think that $25 000.00 is a good price both for both seller and buyer. I'm not looking to take advantage of the seller, and he seems to be someone who is isn't interested in asking an inflated price. I see '07s bid on ebay for the same price with under a hundred miles. Whether or not this is what they sell for is hard to determine, but it seems to be a realistic figure in today's marketplace.

I agree that cars are not an investment. Perhaps an investment as far as enjoyment is concerned, but shouldn't be counted on for a financial return.

Thanks again everyone

Terry

I watched those sub-$25K ebay cars, and bid on several.

I never found one with a reserve below $27000

So I drove 200 miles and bought one for $27500.

I have yet to see one advertised for less in this area (DFW) or within a reasonable driving distance.

I think I could get my money back pretty quickly.

For the same money I could buy a 2009 GT, loaded. 2 months later it would be worth maybe $22K, and continue to decline.

As for investment, I think the short-term prospect depends on Carrol Shelby. I'm not wishing anything bad for the guy but he's 86 and he's had a heart transplant. When he's gone, people will realize there won't be any more "real" Shelbys, and ours are more real than most. I think our cars will increase when he goes.

At the very least, I don't think they will ever get much cheaper than they are now unless you put a LOT of miles on it.

But I did not buy it to make money. I bought it to drive a fun car for cheap.

And minimal depreciation is a big part of that.

Archived