TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my 2010 Torch Red Shelby Home

65427cobra

Finally had a few mintues to update you guys on my road trip to Alabama to pick up my car. It was a long day with almost 900 miles on Saturday but driving the Shelby back home made 600 of those miles a joy. I plan to do a detailed comparison between my 2007 Shelby Gt500 and the 2010 when I get a chance but let me say I think this is the best product SVT has made yet and I have had all of them. Every issue I had with the 2007 they have addressed in the 2010 and trust me Ford fixing these issues worked out a whole lot better than me fixing the issues on the 2007. I don't care how good the parts are or how good the shop is doing the mods.. it is not factory and that is what makes the 2010 Shelby better.

Hey Torched010, did not get through Atlanta as I went through Chattanooga and picked up my son to help me drive the two cars home so I will have to take you up on the coffee another day but if you are ever in East Tennessee give me a shout and I will return the offer. I let my son drive the Shelby for half of the trip and to be honest I got more out of seeing his grin than if I had been driving the car. I would get a half mile or so ahead to make sure no traffic or police then tell him to hammer it...the grin on his face when he got up next to me was priceless...great day!!

Finally had a few mintues to update you guys on my road trip to Alabama to pick up my car. It was a long day with almost 900 miles on Saturday but driving the Shelby back home made 600 of those miles a joy. I plan to do a detailed comparison between my 2007 Shelby Gt500 and the 2010 when I get a chance but let me say I think this is the best product SVT has made yet and I have had all of them. Every issue I had with the 2007 they have addressed in the 2010 and trust me Ford fixing these issues worked out a whole lot better than me fixing the issues on the 2007. I don't care how good the parts are or how good the shop is doing the mods.. it is not factory and that is what makes the 2010 Shelby better.

Hey Torched010, did not get through Atlanta as I went through Chattanooga and picked up my son to help me drive the two cars home so I will have to take you up on the coffee another day but if you are ever in East Tennessee give me a shout and I will return the offer. I let my son drive the Shelby for half of the trip and to be honest I got more out of seeing his grin than if I had been driving the car. I would get a half mile or so ahead to make sure no traffic or police then tell him to hammer it...the grin on his face when he got up next to me was priceless...great day!!

sounds like you had a great time.Post pics when you can.Hows the 1/2 shift for you?

Sounds like a great trip Enjoy and Congrats on The new Shelby. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I let my son drive the Shelby for half of the trip and to be honest I got more out of seeing his grin than if I had been driving the car. I would get a half mile or so ahead to make sure no traffic or police then tell him to hammer it...the grin on his face when he got up next to me was priceless...great day!!

What a cool dad!!

I lived in Dalton GA for 3 years and i still miss the mountains in Tennessee especially Chattanooga area. Lucky son you have ...lol

I lived in Dalton GA for 3 years and i still miss the mountains in Tennessee especially Chattanooga area. Lucky son you have ...lol

I love Tenn. We lived in Chattanooga four years and three years in Knoxville. I spent a lot of time at the Chilhowee Gliderport located along the Hiwassee river and the Smoky Mountain ridges. The scenery is stunning there and I still remember how beautiful it was to soar along those ridges all the way up to Gatlinburg in a sailplane and view the fall colors.

It truly is God's country up there.

Steve

I love Tenn. We lived in Chattanooga four years and three years in Knoxville. I spent a lot of time at the Chilhowee Gliderport located along the Hiwassee river and the Smoky Mountain ridges. The scenery is stunning there and I still remember how beautiful it was to soar along those ridges all the way up to Gatlinburg in a sailplane and view the fall colors.

It truly is God's country up there.

Steve

Very pleasant memory i used to go to the Ocoee river to raft every other week end, so serene! One thing i could not figure out....lol..........The bus takes us up the river in 15 minutes and it takes us 2 hours to get back...lol.

Long winding river from heaven i guess!

Thanks guys for the comments. Makes me realize just how good it is to live in this area. There are some great roads to take the toys on and some cases you can drive for 30 minutes and not see a single car....factor in the twisties and no cars you can really enjoy what these cars are all about..not to mention the great scenary. By the way...no rain in the forecast for this weekend and a new Shelby...it will be a good weekend!!

Archived