TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Balancing

My car has a slight vibration at around 78 MPH and I'm thinking I should have the wheels balanced.

There are not too many shops equipped to handle these custom wheels so I've got to find one.

My question is: where and how are the weights attached on the SS wheels?

When calling around, the shops are asking this question.

Thanks.

My car has a slight vibration at around 78 MPH and I'm thinking I should have the wheels balanced.

There are not too many shops equipped to handle these custom wheels so I've got to find one.

My question is: where and how are the weights attached on the SS wheels?

When calling around, the shops are asking this question.

Thanks.

Taking my KR in for an oil change, rotate and balance today. In talking with the service manager (Ford dealer), I asked him about these aluminum wheels. I can see the weights on the inside of the wheel. He said that its like a heavy duty double-sided tape that's used to mount the weights.

Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone but my Ford dealer with this.

Taking my KR in for an oil change, rotate and balance today. In talking with the service manager (Ford dealer), I asked him about these aluminum wheels. I can see the weights on the inside of the wheel. He said that its like a heavy duty double-sided tape that's used to mount the weights.

09KR you must have a good dealer, normally i dont trust any dealer to even wash my car, lol

09KR you must have a good dealer, normally i dont trust any dealer to even wash my car, lol

Yeah, these guys are pretty good. They have one man who does all the work on the KRs and GT500s. He has been there for a long time.

BTW, washing the car is the only thing I don't let them do. Don't want to mess up all my hard work with Zaino!

I don't see any weights at all... strange.

For those that are picky; try these:

Dynamic adhesive wheel weights

The weight can move a little to help smooth out the minor balance changes as the tire changes shape. They were recommended by my neighbor who is a Michelin dealer and sold me my Pilot Sports. They are a little more expensive than the normal stick on weights.

Be sure to watch the video for an explanation.

Archived