NOW MID AUGUST ; NO SPY SHOTS OR PHOTO'S. YOU GUYS ARE ALL A

BUNCH OF DREAMERS.

HEY , THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. :hysterical:

I WISH THEY WOULD COME OUT WITH A NEW FORD PRODUCED PANTERA , BUT

I'M JUST A DREAMER TOO.

OH WELL, I GUESS I'M STUCK WITH YOU GUYS IN THIS MUSCLE CAR DREAM AND

I AM NOT GOING TO WAKE UP EITHER. :hysterical:

DREAM ON BROTHERS !!! :shift::shift:

I hate to disagree with you but the 300hp Camaro does not beat a stock Shelby GT, I have driven one and can say this for a fact. The SS didn't fare much better, I had a very nice view of it's front end in my rear view mirrors.

The regular Camaro can't hang. It's way too heavy. The SS made a tough challenge but in the end the SGT's weight advantage and gearing gave me a clear edge.

Even though I am not from the show me state, show me where you have seen this in print. I agree the car is heavier but it depends on the driver. I mean 300 GM horses are equal to 300 Ford horses. That is the V-6. Now the V-8 with 425 HP is a different story, that is why I want you to show me where you saw this and read this. The Mustang needs huge HP upgrades to stay in this muscle car race, if it doesn't even Shelby won't be able to sell all his SAI made cars. It won't happen again believe me.

I will not believe it until I see and read it in a authorized automobile print media.

I TOLD YOU GUYS. :finger: THERE WAS NOT GOING TO BE A 2010 SGT. IT IS

NOW MID AUGUST ; NO SPY SHOTS OR PHOTO'S. YOU GUYS ARE ALL A

BUNCH OF DREAMERS.

HEY , THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. :hysterical:

I WISH THEY WOULD COME OUT WITH A NEW FORD PRODUCED PANTERA , BUT

I'M JUST A DREAMER TOO.

OH WELL, I GUESS I'M STUCK WITH YOU GUYS IN THIS MUSCLE CAR DREAM AND

I AM NOT GOING TO WAKE UP EITHER. :hysterical:

DREAM ON BROTHERS !!! :shift::shift:

My wife and I are considering an old Pantera as our next aquisition tonite at dinner! Pretty funnt then IU read your post! Cool! Love Panteras!

Even though I am not from the show me state, show me where you have seen this in print. I agree the car is heavier but it depends on the driver. I mean 300 GM horses are equal to 300 Ford horses. That is the V-6. Now the V-8 with 425 HP is a different story, that is why I want you to show me where you saw this and read this. The Mustang needs huge HP upgrades to stay in this muscle car race, if it doesn't even Shelby won't be able to sell all his SAI made cars. It won't happen again believe me.

I will not believe it until I see and read it in a authorized automobile print media.

200lbs are equal to 20 Hp. Or so I was told by a dude who knows!

My wife and I are considering an old Pantera as our next aquisition tonite at dinner! Pretty funnt then IU read your post! Cool! Love Panteras!

I AM WITH YOU ON THAT RANDY. IT IS INTERESTING HOW CAR NUTS THINK ALIKE.

SCOTTY

I AM WITH YOU ON THAT RANDY. IT IS INTERESTING HOW CAR NUTS THINK ALIKE.

SCOTTY

Not to hijack a thread, but I think that the Panteras are undervalued in the market as well...

BTW I am going to the post office today.

Back to topic no SGT's for 2010, I think we may be it.

Motor Trend for one and I think Car and Driver did comparisons between a Mustang GT, Camaro SS, and Challenger R/T. In both the GT was within a few tenths of the SS. And I'm pretty sure every article I've seen gives the GT the edge. If you haven't noticed, the Camaro is pretty much a porker. I think it outweighs the Mustang by about 300lbs or so. 300 GM horses may equal 300 Ford horses but the lighter car will always win, all other things being equal.

As for how I know a SGT will beat a SS, well, I did it. The SS got the jump on me the first time but after my RPM's ramped up he couldn't pull away and actually, I was catching up to him. On the return trip I made sure he didn't catch me off guard and pulled him by about 5 car legnths.

Now, I'm pretty sure if we'd had enough road he would have eventually caught and passed me but on the bottom end the cars are very close. As for the driver of the SS, I would think he's much better than I am. He's a regular at the strip and runs competitively from time to time.

Motor Trend for one and I think Car and Driver did comparisons between a Mustang GT, Camaro SS, and Challenger R/T. In both the GT was within a few tenths of the SS. And I'm pretty sure every article I've seen gives the GT the edge. If you haven't noticed, the Camaro is pretty much a porker. I think it outweighs the Mustang by about 300lbs or so. 300 GM horses may equal 300 Ford horses but the lighter car will always win, all other things being equal.

As for how I know a SGT will beat a SS, well, I did it. The SS got the jump on me the first time but after my RPM's ramped up he couldn't pull away and actually, I was catching up to him. On the return trip I made sure he didn't catch me off guard and pulled him by about 5 car legnths.

Now, I'm pretty sure if we'd had enough road he would have eventually caught and passed me but on the bottom end the cars are very close. As for the driver of the SS, I would think he's much better than I am. He's a regular at the strip and runs competitively from time to time.

Can you find me that article? I can only find SS, Shelby GT500 and Challenger. Nothing about V-6 and the Shelby GT or the SS and Shelby GT. Let me know. I am just being loud ! :)

Can you find me that article? I can only find SS, Shelby GT500 and Challenger. Nothing about V-6 and the Shelby GT or the SS and Shelby GT. Let me know. I am just being loud ! :)

If you will re-read my post it states nothing about the SGT being in the comparison. It states Mustang GT. The 2010 GT should be about equal to the 2007 SGT horsepower wise, on paper anyway. Haven't you noticed the other posts on here about the 09 Bullit and the 2010 GT getting the same basic upgrades, engine wise, as the 07-08 SGT?

They are not the same cars. I have seen it and read it. They are the same priced cars, not the same HP numbers. Come on now.

Swede, I think you like complaining and arguing just for the sake of doing so. Bottom line, I have driven a 2010 Camaro with the V-6 and it will not beat a 07-08 SGT let alone a 2010 GT. I have raced a 2010 Camaro SS with my 07 SGT and won. I provided the article that compared a 2010 Mustang GT with a 2010 Camaro SS and a Challenger R/T.

Is that enough or would you like to come down here and go to the strip with me and look for a SS so I can show you in person?

• 2 months later...
Considering they had trouble selling all the 08 SGT's I would be surprised to see a 2010 edition. In fact, I would be willing to bet you could still find an new 08 sitting on a lot somewhere.

+1

Just bought 08SGT1530 new in Greensboro NC

Guys, there is no 2010 Shelby Gt, there were talks in December of 2008 to do this in Feruary of this year and we decided not to do it.

The 2010 Shelby GT is not happening this year or next

Amy

Guys, there is no 2010 Shelby Gt, there were talks in December of 2008 to do this in Feruary of this year and we decided not to do it.

Amy

Thanks Amy!

this should end this Topic. :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

So far I have not been impressed with the Challenger SRT or the SS Camaro, I watched a 2009 GT with a CAI beat them both at the drag strip. They were running 14's and the Camaro had a CAI and Headers and still was stuck in the 14's. They didn't want any part of my SGT as I run low 12's with street tires at 4800'.

Amy

What about a GT350 using the new 400+ hp engine for 2011 ?

Archived