TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Charger GLHS for sale

GLHS0136

For $30,000 he says he spent on the car you would think he could get the suspension correct. And perhaps polishing the center caps wouldn't hurt.

Car looks familiar. Perhaps its been on ebay before? Surprised to see the no reserve.

Steve

Yeah the center caps are missed detail. I couldn't figure that out either. It needs the front Pentastar too. What's wrong with the suspension? I'll have to go back and look..

Yeah the center caps are missed detail. I couldn't figure that out either. It needs the front Pentastar too. What's wrong with the suspension? I'll have to go back and look..

Looks like its sitting up a bit high from what i can see. Also cant stand that tailpipe... Real nice looking car though!

That's a sharp little bugger.

"Never been on a dyno,but is estimated at 400HP!" :headscratch:

How much power were these things originally rated at?

Depends... Base = 175, Shelby Stage II Computer = 200, Super 60 = 300HP all on a stock block. With lots of variations in between and over 300 with injector sizes, boost bleeds, etc.. Forward Motion will build 500HP motors. The seller says Forward Motion built this motor.

That's a sharp little bugger.

"Never been on a dyno,but is estimated at 400HP!" :headscratch:

How much power were these things originally rated at?

Lets just say if the car does make 400hp and was put on a dyno it would not be able to be driven off the dyno.

Although he says he's beefed up the tranny there is no way a 525 transmission can hold up to 400 hp. For the Ford guys the 525 transmission was designed for a little 80hp motor back in the mid 1970's which is wht they grenade at higher horsepower. In fact Shelby had to install a little "step" in the engines computer when he upgraded the car which limited the amount of turbo boost/torque the engine could produce off the line. After about two seconds the computer could then step up to the full boost setting.

I don't put much stock into his "estimated" 400hp since he leaves out pretty much all details on the drivetrain. 400hp can be reached on these motors at the sacrifice of long life.

Steve

PS- I take back the no reserve part. I just looked at the bid history and it looks like he had a reserve of $9,000 Not a bad buy at $9-$10k

The choice to stay with the 525 may have been due to the fact they didn't want to mod the floor for the 555 shifter. The other mods such as the intercooler are reversible. I've read some people get decent life out of a 525 at high horse power if they do not slam gears. The girdles help too.

Referencing the transmission, seller says

"The transmission is an original Shelby transmission from a Daytona and has been rebuilt with the very best parts including a posi diff."

So, unless that is the true Shelby "peanut" diff for the 525 (as once offered in the Shelby catalogue) or an aftermarket friction diff, it could be a 520, or 555 or 568 or . . . . . ?

Referencing the transmission, seller says

"The transmission is an original Shelby transmission from a Daytona and has been rebuilt with the very best parts including a posi diff."

Yeah the seller contradicts himself. His first paragraph says:

The transmission is the original Shelby transmission and has been rebuilt with the very best parts including a posi diff.

well if its the original tranny its a 525. Now if it came from a Daytona it can be anything from a cable shifted 525 to a 568 and everything in between.

I just noticed he has since added this to his description:

A-555 limited slip differential $995

but looking at his interior photos that sure isn't a 555 shifter with the lift up ring. Looks like the stock Momo shifter or perhaps a 523/568 shifter.

Steve

Archived