TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss Mustang

1970boss302

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...yeah, Robert changed the Forum name to 2012 but left the threads as is.

BPriddy will have to be on her A-game to get spy pics of the BOSS since it will be too easy to cloak and suspension difs, etc, may be real tough to spy :dance: ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there any new from Ford on a future Boss option or model ??

Time is running short with Obama in control we maybe all riding bicycles.

Great news just got a new job with Hershey Foods. GREAT!!!!

The economy sucks but thank God I landed a Job.

Hope your are also doing great and if your looking for work

do not get discouraged good times are ahead

Still waiting for the BOSS Ford???????????????

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris, I can't afford it right now but you never know! ...a good friend of mine will almost definately be buying it -- assuming it's a serious road car (alloy forged 5.0, 6-spd, balance, and ...IRS would assure the sale -lol). At least I'll get to flog his regularly on our wonderful country roads ...even if I can't spring for one. We shall see.

Are you getting one, Chris? I'm sure Mustang Fanatic will. :happy feet:

I would loooove one Dan--especially if they build it "your way"!!!

But I don't think in the immediate future...but my brother may buy one! Let the floggings begin!

Too many but's in this sentence... :hysterical:

Sure hope Ford does it... since I believe Ford is going all spray-bore (PTWA) tech with their alloy blocks in lieu of sleeves starting next MY :happy feet: and since the rumors abound for an alloy 5.4/5.8 '11 GT500, spray-bore would permit a Boss 351 with no additional stroke :spiteful: ...but I think a freer-revving Boss 302 would be more appropriate and the Coyote 5.0 block (roughly equal bore and stroke) is a lighter engine overall, I believe.

Dunno if BS or not, but I was told 15 months go at NYIAS that if/when Ford does a DI version of the modular (turbo or not) the first car to get it would be a BOSS Mustang. So if the '11 vanilla 5.0-Coyote GT turns up sporting DI heads next summer I think a nice BOSS will be an easy decision for Ford. Who knows?!!

Then again, you gotta wonder if Ford would do a BOSS and GT500 concurrently -- different audiences, I think, but while a BOSS might not eat many GT500 sales it might eat a bunch of 5.0 GT sales, and if Ford is going to the 3.5V6 as the base and an 3.5EB, that's an aweful lot of engines/models to be selling. Then again, the Mustang was always about choice!

At least they already know where to get 40th Anniversary badges -lol

Sure hope Ford does it... since I believe Ford is going all spray-bore (PTWA) tech with their alloy blocks in lieu of sleeves starting next MY :happy feet: and since the rumors abound for an alloy 5.4/5.8 '11 GT500, spray-bore would permit a Boss 351 with no additional stroke :spiteful: ...but I think a freer-revving Boss 302 would be more appropriate and the Coyote 5.0 block (roughly equal bore and stroke) is a lighter engine overall, I believe.

Dunno if BS or not, but I was told 15 months go at NYIAS that if/when Ford does a DI version of the modular (turbo or not) the first car to get it would be a BOSS Mustang. So if the '11 vanilla 5.0-Coyote GT turns up sporting DI heads next summer I think a nice BOSS will be an easy decision for Ford. Who knows?!!

Then again, you gotta wonder if Ford would do a BOSS and GT500 concurrently -- different audiences, I think, but while a BOSS might not eat many GT500 sales it might eat a bunch of 5.0 GT sales, and if Ford is going to the 3.5V6 as the base and an 3.5EB, that's an aweful lot of engines/models to be selling. Then again, the Mustang was always about choice!

At least they already know where to get 40th Anniversary badges -lol

I hear ya', and I don't disagree with anything you are saying. It may fly since Ford is now turning a profit (HURRAY!!!), I would be very happy to see the Boss fly again, and I would be very happy with the 302, but you never know...maybe the Boss 351 will rear its head if sales are strong enough! :happy feet:

Thought I saw where the 6.1 was going into the Raptor, wouldn't that be a possibly for a NA Boss?

I think the GT500 is winding down its been a 4 year run so far, I think after the 2011 its going to be something new

like a Boss that Ford goes to.

Thought I saw where the 6.1 was going into the Raptor, wouldn't that be a possibly for a NA Boss?

I think the GT500 is winding down its been a 4 year run so far, I think after the 2011 its going to be something new

like a Boss that Ford goes to.

Maybe by the end of 2009 we will have some good news about a new Boss.

Our 1970 Boss 302 took first place at the Hoffman Ford car show. Sure would like

to have a new model Boss setting along side it.

• 1 month later...
-lol ...where r u BB? Back finally from Guam or Texas or where-the-heck you were? ;)

Missed you guys at Orfstock ...next year!! :)

Fall is upon us and the economy is still bad in Pennsylvania. Is there any hope for a

Mustang Boss model out there?? Let us keep hoping before the greenies take over

our lives. Yes the chicken littles that keep saying the sky is falling.

camero z/28 appears to be a go..my guess ford will produce a boss 302 varient...i cannot see ford letting chebby get away with this..personally i will not buy one as cost i suspect is going to be upwards of $40k..have not nor will i buy a shelby either for this same reason...anyhow i like my hodaka dirt bikes...i would be glad to see ford offer a boss..it is time after all these years..plus i cannot stand chebby having a new z/28

I don't think the Z28 would compete with the BOSS, but you got me thinking...

What if Ford were planning an alloy variant on the new 6.2 H/Boss motor. I know Ford said there's no plan and never was to put it in the mustang, but plans change. I could not help but notice in the recent SuperDuty announcements that is has piston-squirters standard and it's bore spacing is similar to the GM LSx series (actually the Ford 6.2 is 4.56 c-t-c vs 4.44 or so on the GM small block). Back when the 6.2 was in development there was strong rumors of testng on a DOHC varient too (the truck 6.2 is 2V SOHC but the valves are only about 1.8/1.4 I/E respectively vs 2.16/1.73 on the CTS-V 6.2) since the truck heads, while canted-valve, are lacking in size, imo, for the available bore. The Ford 6.2 has plenty of room to get to 7.0L (in fact the Roush-Bowles yellow mule had one installed for part of the 2008 season and made well over 800rwHP NA!) so...

...might we see a BOSS 429 redux after all? How cool would that be?!!! Since the new Superduty 6.2 is not DI or TT it would be easy for the aftermarket and tuners to pick up on it too. You never know -lol :spiteful:

:lurk:

I don't think the Z28 would compete with the BOSS, but you got me thinking...

What if Ford were planning an alloy variant on the new 6.2 H/Boss motor. I know Ford said there's no plan and never was to put it in the mustang, but plans change. I could not help but notice in the recent SuperDuty announcements that is has piston-squirters standard and it's bore spacing is similar to the GM LSx series (actually the Ford 6.2 is 4.56 c-t-c vs 4.44 or so on the GM small block). Back when the 6.2 was in development there was strong rumors of testng on a DOHC varient too (the truck 6.2 is 2V SOHC but the valves are only about 1.8/1.4 I/E respectively vs 2.16/1.73 on the CTS-V 6.2) since the truck heads, while canted-valve, are lacking in size, imo, for the available bore. The Ford 6.2 has plenty of room to get to 7.0L (in fact the Roush-Bowles yellow mule had one installed for part of the 2008 season and made well over 800rwHP NA!) so...

...might we see a BOSS 429 redux after all? How cool would that be?!!! Since the new Superduty 6.2 is not DI or TT it would be easy for the aftermarket and tuners to pick up on it too. You never know -lol :spiteful:

• 3 weeks later...

A well known mod shop spilled the beans on another web site that the Coyote wil be advertised @ 425HP (same one that revealed the GT500 would be getting an aluminum 5.4 several months back)

Now for the Boss related connection. Brad on his website took much interest in the recent autoblog "reveal" that a TT GT500 was in the works and contacted his sources to verify the claim. He came away with the conclusion that a TT 5.0 is currently not in the works but a 5.0 Roadrunner would be going in a SE Mustang most likely a Boss Mustang. The Roadrunner would have a bit of a HP bump with a higher revving limit. So, sounds like maybe 450 HP with a 7,000 rpm limit, perhaps? (those are my estimates)

You Boss guys have been patiently waiting for so long I thought I'd throw this out there since the sources are pretty reliable.

Really seems like the Boss is a go @ Ford at this point in time.

Thanks! Good stuff! That's very consistent with what I've heard too. The BOSS plan has changed so many times, let's hope this time it 'sticks.' I think it will.

Would be nice to have a new Boss to set along side of the 1970 Boss 302 we have.

Take the hint Ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you build it they will come $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• 1 month later...
Would be nice to have a new Boss to set along side of the 1970 Boss 302 we have.

Take the hint Ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you build it they will come $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Mustang is getting a new V6 in 2011. Maybe a new Boss 302 in 2012?? Hurry Ford before the gas prices kill pony cars again.

camero z/28 appears to be a go..my guess ford will produce a boss 302 varient...i cannot see ford letting chebby get away with this..personally i will not buy one as cost i suspect is going to be upwards of $40k..have not nor will i buy a shelby either for this same reason...anyhow i like my hodaka dirt bikes...i would be glad to see ford offer a boss..it is time after all these years..plus i cannot stand chebby having a new z/28

Dan, you need a Boss. Hell, I need one too. This would be one hell of a car.....we can only hope! Maybe I should go down to MIT, hunt Ford down, and beg him??? :hysterical:

Archived