TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss Mustang

1970boss302

It would be a BIG boost for Ford to come out with a Boss in 2009.

40th anniversary addition. Take the Mustang GT and drop in the

Shleby 500 motor with limited options. Match the 1970 Boss strips

and you would have a winner that would sell like hot cakes.

Are you listening FORD time to make money again in the USA

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be a BIG boost for Ford to come out with a Boss in 2009.

40th anniversary addition. Take the Mustang GT and drop in the

Shleby 500 motor with limited options. Match the 1970 Boss strips

and you would have a winner that would sell like hot cakes.

Are you listening FORD time to make money again in the USA

They are listening. All of the ingredients are there.

Since Ford owns the Boss name, you might expect a slightly lower MSRP - but I would bet that since this will be another low production feature car that dealers will stick it to consumers. :nonono:

Great, another car for me to not look forward to now, thanks for the info though. Maybe by then after they piss everyone off about the Shelby, someone at Ford will suggest to its dealers to cool it on the gouging.

What I would like to see:

Short-stroked AL 5.4;

400 rwhp

Thick Piston walls;

Forged everything;

4v GT500 heads;

Naturally aspirated;

close to 7,000 rpm redline;

lighter front suspension;

light-weight interior;

5 speed (there, I said it). Keep this light, too. I will wind the snot out of this thing & keep 'er in the "sweet spot" for the duration;

light-weight 18" wheels;

light-weight exhaust;

373 rear gear;

GTR nose;

lose the GTR wing & put in a nice '69 Boss Wing;

Ram-air scoop (ribbed for everyone's pleasure);

$36k.

ARE YOU ALL LISTENING?!? ;)

Do this. I will march directly down to a Ford dealer that I trust, get a contract at sticker........and wait for delivery. :rockon::rockon::rockon: :burnout:

Anyone disagree?!?!?

What I would like to see:

Short-stroked AL 5.4;

400 rwhp

Thick Piston walls;

Forged everything;

4v GT500 heads;

Naturally aspirated;

close to 7,000 rpm redline;

lighter front suspension;

light-weight interior;

5 speed (there, I said it). Keep this light, too. I will wind the snot out of this thing & keep 'er in the "sweet spot" for the duration;

light-weight 18" wheels;

light-weight exhaust;

373 rear gear;

GTR nose;

lose the GTR wing & put in a nice '69 Boss Wing;

$36k.

Do this. I will march directly down to a Ford dealer that I trust, get a contract at sticker........and wait for delivery. :rockon::rockon::rockon: :burnout:

Anyone disagree?!?!?

Give me a close ratio 6 spd, a GTR nose with round headlights, a curb weight of 3,500 lbs and metallic black paint and I'll be down at the dealer waiting with Crispy. :bowdown: :rockon:

FORD IF YOU ARE LISTENING, BUILD THIS AND DON'T LET THE DEALERS GOUGE US!!

I would either like to see the 5.0DOHC motor using the FR500C Grand Am cup car intake :yup: Or a N/A Alloy block 5.4 DOHC using the Ford GT heads and a verison of the 2000 R-code intake!!! :happy feet: Fully forged bottom end, 7000rpm redline, a decent transmission "maybe TKO500 w/ 26 spline input shaft", and some damn rear end gear options w/ 4.10's being a minimum!!!! And PLEASE, PLEASE put it on a diet and drop some weight, the corvettes are weighing in at 3100-3200 lbs.!!!! I can assure you, build it for $35K or less and they will come!!!! :bowdown: And the Mustang community will thank you for your support! :rockon:

$36k.

Anyone disagree?!?!?

I agree with all your choices except the 5 speed. I also would like to see a close ratio 6 speed. But there is no way in hell this car will be built like that and not be gouged by those greedy a hole dealers. When will Ford step in and more strongly "suggest" prices so their brand isn't further tarnished by these things, just like what is going on with the GT500. I like someone's point on another thread also, they can build like 900,000 F150 trucks, and cannot build more than 10,000 GT500's for people who want the car?????? Doesn't seem fair or just.

In an ideal world, Ford would "legalize" the Cammer for emissions and the redline would be 7,500. However, given Ford's current financial state, I don't think the 5.0L Cammer is an option. IF Ford could do it, that would be simply awesome and only enhance the Boss legend. Ford could sell every single one they could produce without question. However, the reality is that it will likely be a 5.4L or possibly the upcoming Hurricane engine. IF you are listening Ford, the Cammer is my first choice, second would be an all-aluminum version of either the 5.4L or Hurricane engine with 4V heads and at least 400 hp.

Here's what I would do:

2009 Boss: Use the 1969 stripe package

2010 Boss: Use the 1970 stripe package

Basic V6 exterior, but with a Shaker scoop. 5.4 "Boss 329 Engine" with a six speed manual trans.

I'd like to see the Shaker hood as optional along with the Stripe Package. I do believe the Boss needs a distinctive exterior signature and the Base V6 just won't cut it. Here's what I would like to see Ford do with the exterior of the Boss: Take the GT500 nose, add an adjustable rear pedestal spoiler and a black out "honeycomb" trim panel between the rear tail lights.

Give me a close ratio 6 spd, a GTR nose with round headlights, a curb weight of 3,500 lbs and metallic black paint and I'll be down at the dealer waiting with Crispy. :bowdown: :rockon:

FORD IF YOU ARE LISTENING, BUILD THIS AND DON'T LET THE DEALERS GOUGE US!!

If they build it , They will srew us, but we will still come.

haha sooo true

but NO SHELBY NOSE, that would just be dumb. base gt exterior, with the black hood and stripes... good to go

I disagree that the Shelby or GT-R nose would be dumb. The Boss should have a distinctive appearance to separate it from the base V6 or GT cars, maybe the GT500 upper grille area with a more agressive lower front spoiler treatment. The Boss stripes and Shaker hood should also be optional.

Or how about this...offer the Boss in std V6 or GT exterior trim with a optional R-model upgrade package with a more agressive front nose as described above.

Maybe it is just me but I have a hard time with them making a 1969 body style (Boss) car out of a 1967 retro body. The Boss did not come out until the redesigned fastback of 1969. To make a Boss out of the current Mustang is just wrong.

I felt the same way with the '03-'04 Mach1. The Mustangs looked nice with the shaker hood scoop, but it needs to resemble the 1969 or 1971 body style to be called a Mach1. To me this is a "correct retro design", otherwise it is forcing an attribute onto a body style that it was never available on and calling it "retro" to a car that never existed.

Would you want a "King Cobra" made out of the current body style? Would you want a "California Special" made out of a Fox body?

These are just my feelings on this topic. I don't like a historical package being offered on a retro body style that is not modelled after the correct generation body.

Steve

I've just never been a fan of pedestal spoilers. They're too :censored: hard to wash/wax around (and under). Myself, I like the ducktail spoilers. The one on the GT 500 is nice, but my favorite for the new body style is the CDC version. It really looks sharp with a blackout panel on the back. THAT should be made available, or if not, then a spoiler delete for the Boss so I can add one later.

I'll take mine in Grabber Orange and it absolutely must have the shaker. That new Parnelli Jones edition Saleen is a beauty, I really wish it were a factory Ford offering in the $35K neighborhood. I would already have my money down. Too bad it's a $aleen...

I have to disagree with Aussie on the new Mustang being more like a '67; sure the interior is, but look at those tail lights and tell me they don't look like they were taken right off of a '69!

Oh, and, uh, if they offered a King Cobra Mustang again, I would be sprinting for the nearest dealership with a check in hand. But, I am biased...

:D

... I like the ducktail spoilers. The one on the GT 500 is nice, but my favorite for the new body style is the CDC version. It really looks sharp with a blackout panel on the back. THAT should be made available, or if not, then a spoiler delete for the Boss so I can add one later.

... I really wish it were a factory Ford offering in the $35K neighborhood. I would already have my money down...

I agree, Ducktial spoiler or spoiler delete option. Also the $35k, He!! yeah I would have one... I have been waiting for a less than $40 ~400hp car... I drove the LS2 powered GTO, the IRS didnt impress me and I didnt like the body style. I have been waiting for the new camaro/ta but dodge and ford have stepped up with the new challenger and boss.... Lets see who can win me over.

I have to disagree with Aussie on the new Mustang being more like a '67; sure the interior is, but look at those tail lights and tell me they don't look like they were taken right off of a '69!

I agree about the tail lights, but I was referring to the overall profile of the car. The current body is styled more after the 67-68 body style than any other.

I'd be good with a King Cobra too, as long as the retro styling was true to the correct Mustang II body style.

Steve

Sorry guys but if Ford is going to build a BOSS then it has to have a unique engine - otherwise its nothing more than a sticker package.

For the new BOSS I would recommend a fuel injected BOSS 429 - like the one they built a few years ago.

I sure hope its a unique or different from the GT. Cause if all it is is a sticker package/cosmetic differences I'll have been waisting my time thinking about gettin one.

But a fuel injected 429 will probably put it out of the price range of alot who want the car....

FORD please keep the price around $35k

Archived