TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss Mustang

1970boss302

Shinoda owning SHINODA BOSS is like any other company owning <ANYTHING> BOSS.

Ford worked out an arrangement with Shinoda to make sure their SHINODA BOSS does not violate Ford's IP rights. That's why it's called a SHINODA BOSS and not a FORD BOSS 302 (or whatever) Mustang. There is absolutely *zero* Ford authenticity in a SHINODA BOSS. That said, if Roush wanted to do a ROUSH BOSS mustang, they would need to get permission from both Ford and Shinoda because it is a car and would potentially infringe on Ford's BOSS 302/351/429 Mustang trademarks and on the SHINODA BOSS trademark (i.e. BOSS in the context of a car).

See contradictory in some of your statement but i like to agree to disagree with you without personal attacks. And as you can see from what i took from your statement it does hold higher regard than a PJ Saleen. And by the way have you ever seen a Shinoda Boss with the hockey stripe?

l07011.jpg

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See contradictory in some of your statement but i like to agree to disagree with you without personal attacks. And as you can see from what i took from your statement it does hold higher regard than a PJ Saleen. And by the way have you ever seen a Shinoda Boss with the hockey stripe?

I have no idea what you mean by that. I have no idea what contradiction you mean. I have no idea what you just said. :shrug: In no way did I say or imply that a Shinoda holds higher or lower regard that a PJ Saleen. :shrug:

Yes, I've seen the Shinoda Boss. It's a nice design! ...too bad it's aftermarket and not the real deal from Ford -- yet. Too bad it doesn't undergo rigorous days-on-end testing on a Superflow 901 running continuously flat out varying only between max HP and max torque -- for days on end! Too bad it's not engineered to pass such a 150K test. Too bad it's not ...a Ford factory product. Then again, maybe such offerings could never pass such testing (ya think?). That's why I like factory. Everyone is different.

Dan

l07011.jpg

You're picking on the wrong guy, my friend! Trust me! :lurk:

Dan who? <lol> :lurk:

;)

Actually, I think he mentioned earlier or in another thread (when the Shinoda announcement/hero-card links were posted) that he is or works with some Ford dealer that will sell the Shinodas so I understand his interest in and enthusiasm for them.

I just don't understand what his post above says. I can't even parse it to comprehend it's word-meaning :headscratch:

I also don't see how anyone can perceive a Shinoda Boss to somehow be a genuine Boss Mustang when it's only connection to Ford is that the company's deceased namesake, Larry Shinoda, was a hired pen decades ago who created some graphics and coined the name Boss 302 for Ford (which was, and still is, Ford intellectual property). Somehow I just don't get the notion that one iota worth of Ford factory provenance can ever flow from the simple good-business practice that when Ford re-registered the BOSS 302 (and related) trademarks they agreed that SHINODA BOSS doesn't infringe on Ford trademarks and vice versa.

Somehow it appears that this dealer (who's mane escapes me now) and/or Shinoda think or choose to portray the Shinoda Boss to somehow be a FoMoCo-blessed offering (the announcement misleadingly implies it was developed jointly, etc.) with FoMoCo lineage and somehow heir-apparent to the Ford Boss mustangs of yore -- patently absurd slight-of-hand marketeering, imho. That's why I forwarded the announcement materials directly to Ford management since I know not whether this is of Shinoda's doing or this Ford dealer's gameplay or some third party mischief.

Actually, I think this is one of those cases where just discussing the subject gives it more credence than it could otherwise muster but I have to admit it gauls me when a company seemingly tries to leach off the good name or intellectual assets of another. It's the same core problem I had with the SA-AC folks -- thankfully, that's water over the dam now. Hopefully this will be too.

Well, gotta run ...there's a little two year old pushing keys here and: Grandpa I need to go in the pool ;-)

:lurk:

With the financial news bad for Ford and others maybe we should wait till 2011 to see what happens with the Boss program? Now is the time for us

to write our Senators and Congressmen and tell them to get off their asses and straighten out the financial and energy mess or we won't have

a future.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the big bargain and 'sleeper' next year will be the 400HP 5.0 Coyote M-GT -- with 2-3 better mpg to boot! I think Ford will sell a lot of those! I would not be surprised if they approach 40-50% of total mustang production. It's a volume production engine (not a niche-line hand-built jewel) but at 3500lbs will prolly whip the porky Camaro and Chally ...and for a lot less dough too.

Still, I'd like the seventh-trumpet version ;-)

I think the big bargain and 'sleeper' next year will be the 400HP 5.0 Coyote M-GT -- with 2-3 better mpg to boot! I think Ford will sell a lot of those! I would not be surprised if they approach 40-50% of total mustang production. It's a volume production engine (not a niche-line hand-built jewel) but at 3500lbs will prolly whip the porky Camaro and Chally ...and for a lot less dough too.

Still, I'd like the seventh-trumpet version ;-)

+1 :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, unless something radical happens to FoMoCo in the next few months, the 2010/2011 Boss is still alive.

Hope you are right - do you have evidence?

Only the word from a person that is highly connected with all future Mustang projects. I specifically asked about the Boss program and the rumor of it's demise, and I was told that the rumor was false.

Was I given accurate information? All I can say is that under the circumstances of the conversation with this person, and considering their position within FoMoCo, false or incorrect information would only come back to embarass them later, so I am taking their word that the information is truthful and accurate. I can also tell you that this person has never given me inaccurate information in the past, so I trust that this time the information is also accurate.

Yes, yes, I know that there are many, many, people that pop up on these sites and say that "I heard this, and I heard that from my sources" and so on and so fourth, and I wish that I could share the exact circumstances of how, when, and where I was told this information, but I can't, and all anyone can really do is just sit back and wait to see if what I was told is/was the truth.

I will have another opportunity to have a conversation with this person again in the next few days, so I will re-address this topic with them at that time.

Thanks Son of GT, just keep us informed.

By the way, the '10 Stang is sweet! :happy feet:

What will Ford be bring out at the North American INternational Auto Show

Mark Fields said They will reviel another chapter in the Mustang Story???

Anyone have any ideas what this is ??

1. A new 350 Shelby

2. What we all want a new BOSS

What are your thoughts ????

Let all Give thanks This Thanksgiving For this Great God Blessed Nation

God Bless America

I have no clue on that.

But I did notice that in spite of the NYIAS being in March for several years now, it will be April 12-19 this time. Coincidence? ...or is Ford planning a big celebration fo the 45th anniversary of the mustang on Friday April 17, 2009? Ford is such a wonderful creature of tradition ...I can't imagine that special date not having a special reveal.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Despite life's ups and downs were are all truly blessed in this great country.

Dan

I have no clue on that.

But I did notice that in spite of the NYIAS being in March for several years now, it will be April 12-19 this time. Coincidence? ...or is Ford planning a big celebration fo the 45th anniversary of the mustang on Friday April 17, 2009? Ford is such a wonderful creature of tradition ...I can't imagine that special date not having a special reveal.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Despite life's ups and downs were are all truly blessed in this great country.

Dan

Definitely hoping for a "special" reveal at the NYIAS

Amen Dan, we are truly blessed

• 2 weeks later...

Archived