TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss Mustang

1970boss302

I think Ford will be hard pressed to get the new Mustang GT out on the market with it's new 5.0 motor. That combined with the 2010 GT500, I would place $20 bucks that we will not see a Boss Mustang in 2010.

Any takers ?

Behave yourself! It's called Insider Trading! :happy feet:

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Ford will be hard pressed to get the new Mustang GT out on the market with it's new 5.0 motor. That combined with the 2010 GT500, I would place $20 bucks that we will not see a Boss Mustang in 2010.

Any takers ?

How about 2009? :happy feet: ;)

The demise of the BOSS (mustang) might just be camo for something else. It would not likely ship on '10MY-J1 (early '09) anyway. It's been rumored for summer '09 (I have to speak in 'rumors' -- it's in my contract <lol>). It's certainly possible it could slip to the right if Coyote resources are a stretch but it seems unwarranted for Ford to completely trash a well-developed program of a vaunted marque unless there's G2 that it won't be competitive on that timing for some reason. Remember the Ram 1500 bumped the Lightning program like the Terminators bumped terminated the whole Camaro program, so stuff can happen. Possibly GM springing it's 400+HP Camaro in the first year caused Ford to take the 5.0 to the GT and thereby leave the space open between it and the GT500 for now. I think it's a given that GM hasn't shown all it's Camaro cards so there will likely be a 'special' Camaro coming when you least expect it (prolly well before '12MY CAFE bump) -- maybe with a variant of the current Z06 7.0L or the CTS-V 6.2/TVS, but I doubt it will be in the first offering model year ...who knows?

One thing I think is certain -- a BOSS will not be a tape-and-sticker car when it ships, but I can see the date floating based on resources and competitive positioning of the 5.0 GT ...or Ford might call it the GT350 thereby opening up another post-retail upfit channel for SAI as the KR work winds down. Personally I'd like to see it called a BOSS 302. Or maybe GT350 goes first and the BOSS is the more serious trump card in the newly re-parcelled competitive space -- I've heard separate rumors on that. We shall see.

Maybe we can talk a bit more when we're in Dearborn -- looking forward to meeting you, Tana and David.

Maybe we can talk a bit more when we're in Dearborn -- looking forward to meeting you, Tana and David.

There's no perhaps about it. :talkhand: There will be lot's of jaw flappin :hysterical: going on during the big 4 day event in Dearborn.

1 more day of work, and it's time to go to the airport.

That reminds me that my airport thread will come in handy again. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
no shit?...damn guess that rumor of a 5.8Lboss instead of 6.2L was just that..rumor...well may be the boss motor will live in something else

When I was at the Romeo engine plant last Friday, construction workers were putting together the conveyor systems for the new 6.2 Boss engine. It's for the super Duty Truck. That's it.

When I was at the Romeo engine plant last Friday, construction workers were putting together the conveyor systems for the new 6.2 Boss engine. It's for the super Duty Truck. That's it.

whew..i thought you were refering to the may be gotta hope gotta pray 5.0L boss....had me worried there my friend

The Boos will never die I have a yelloe 1970 Boss 302 and if Ford does not make it

some third party like Roush will and probably better.

Roush let's start working on something Ford is dropping the ball on.

Right and as soon as they do that Ford sues them for trademark infringement. Only one legitimate way to get a boss and htats a Shinoda Boss.

Right and as soon as they do that Ford sues them for trademark infringement. Only one legitimate way to get a boss and htats a Shinoda Boss.

Oh geez :censored: not with the Shinoda Boss again - it's just another tuner car and isn't a "legitimate" Boss Mustang anymore than a Steeda or a Roush could be considered a "Boss". The only company who can build a Mustang and call it a Boss 302 is Ford. Given Ford's current state, they will likely trim all SE models until they emerge from the dark side of the moon or go the way of Lehman.

However, I agree with 1970boss302 - I'd like to see Roush build a 302R styled similar to the PJ Saleen with a high HP 302, big brakes and tight suspension. The only drawback of course would be the equally steep price tag. I plan on waiting for the 5.0L GT to arrive in '11 and use it as a base to build my own Boss Mustang!!! :happy feet:

Oh geez :censored: not with the Shinoda Boss again - it's just another tuner car and isn't a "legitimate" Boss Mustang anymore than a Steeda or a Roush could be considered a "Boss". The only company who can build a Mustang and call it a Boss 302 is Ford. Given Ford's current state, they will likely trim all SE models until they emerge from the dark side of the moon or go the way of Lehman.

However, I agree with 1970boss302 - I'd like to see Roush build a 302R styled similar to the PJ Saleen with a high HP 302, big brakes and tight suspension. The only drawback of course would be the equally steep price tag. I plan on waiting for the 5.0L GT to arrive in '11 and use it as a base to build my own Boss Mustang!!! :happy feet:

Seeing how Shinoda is the only company that Ford has let trademark the Boss name. This also why PJ Saleen is just PJ Saleen because they have no rights to the boss name. Yes i would consider the only legitimate one. Wow sounds like your building a sticker car. Good luck with that at least mine will be registered and been blessed by ford to make it.

Seeing how Shinoda is the only company that Ford has let trademark the Boss name. This also why PJ Saleen is just PJ Saleen because they have no rights to the boss name. Yes i would consider the only legitimate one. Wow sounds like your building a sticker car. Good luck with that at least mine will be registered and been blessed by ford to make it.

Ummm, I don't think so. Shinoda owns "SHINODA BOSS" Ford owns "BOSS 302", BOSS 351" and "BOSS 429" because only Ford can make a Boss 302/351/429. Shinoda owning SHINODA BOSS is like any other company owning <ANYTHING> BOSS. The only reason Shinoda had to work things out with Ford is because the SHINODA BOSS happens to be a car and is built off a Ford car -- Ford's trademarks are all for cars. Make sense? If SHIONDA BOSS was a lawnmower we would not be having this discussion -- nor would Shinoda Group have with Ford -- and that lawnmower would be a genuine SHINODA BOSS lawnmower (whatever that's worth). If the phrase "who cares" just flashed thru your mind then you know how Ford folks look on a non-Ford <ANYTHING> BOSS... it's just another product but not a genuine BOSS 302/351/429 MUSTANG -- which can only come from Ford Motor Company

In summary, Ford did not 'let' Shinoda trademark BOSS (there are many BOSS trademarks). Ford worked out an arrangement with Shinoda to make sure their SHINODA BOSS does not violate Ford's IP rights. That's why it's called a SHINODA BOSS and not a FORD BOSS 302 (or whatever) Mustang. There is absolutely *zero* Ford authenticity in a SHINODA BOSS. That said, if Roush wanted to do a ROUSH BOSS mustang, they would need to get permission from both Ford and Shinoda because it is a car and would potentially infringe on Ford's BOSS 302/351/429 Mustang trademarks and on the SHINODA BOSS trademark (i.e. BOSS in the context of a car). As Mustang Fanatic pointed out it would, however, still be an aftermarket upfit and would be no more Ford-authentic than the SHINODA BOSS, i.e. *zero*, unless Ford were to contract their BOSS 302 (etc) to Roush to build for Ford. If such were done (and this is absolutely *not* the case with the Shinoda Boss), it would be a Ford product. The Saleen PJ was clearly named as it was to avoid what would be a purposeless discussion because there was apparently no way Ford was about to surrender their rights to BOSS 302, etc and apparently has no interest in Saleen being the builder of a Ford BOSS 302 at the time. Make sense?

Ummm, I don't think so. Shinoda owns "SHINODA BOSS" Ford owns "BOSS 302", BOSS 351" and "BOSS 429" because only Ford can make a Boss 302/351/429. Shinoda owning SHINODA BOSS is like any other company owning <ANYTHING> BOSS. The only reason Shinoda had to work things out with Ford is because the SHINODA BOSS happens to be a car and is built off a Ford car -- Ford's trademarks are all for cars. Make sense? If SHIONDA BOSS was a lawnmower we would not be having this discussion -- nor would Shinoda Group have with Ford -- and that lawnmower would be a genuine SHINODA BOSS lawnmower (whatever that's worth). If the phrase "who cares" just flashed thru your mind then you know how Ford folks look on a non-Ford <ANYTHING> BOSS... it's just another product but not a genuine BOSS 302/351/429 MUSTANG -- which can only come from Ford Motor Company

In summary, Ford did not 'let' Shinoda trademark BOSS (there are many BOSS trademarks). Ford worked out an arrangement with Shinoda to make sure their SHINODA BOSS does not violate Ford's IP rights. That's why it's called a SHINODA BOSS and not a FORD BOSS 302 (or whatever) Mustang. There is absolutely *zero* Ford authenticity in a SHINODA BOSS. That said, if Roush wanted to do a ROUSH BOSS mustang, they would need to get permission from both Ford and Shinoda because it is a car and would potentially infringe on Ford's BOSS 302/351/429 Mustang trademarks and on the SHINODA BOSS trademark (i.e. BOSS in the context of a car). As Mustang Fanatic pointed out it would, however, still be an aftermarket upfit and would be no more Ford-authentic than the SHINODA BOSS, i.e. *zero*, unless Ford were to contract their BOSS 302 (etc) to Roush to build for Ford. If such were done (and this is absolutely *not* the case with the Shinoda Boss), it would be a Ford product. The Saleen PJ was clearly named as it was to avoid what would be a purposeless discussion because there was apparently no way Ford was about to surrender their rights to BOSS 302, etc and apparently has no interest in Saleen being the builder of a Ford BOSS 302 at the time. Make sense?

Nope sounds like all you did was contradict yourself.

I'm not getting into yet another debate with you about your Shinoda - it is no more "blessed" by Ford than a Steeda or a Roush and isn't an "official" Boss from Ford. Oh and by the way, when my car is done you are more the welcome to make a trip to NC to see who has the faster ride :shift:

Archived