TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss Mustang

1970boss302

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The aluminator is a 4.6. The BOSS 5.0 is a revised modular with longer sleeves... approx 3.63 x 3.65 b/s. Everything I hear is that the BOSS is 100% real. The '10MY mustang will be an early release but the BOSS won't be on the accelerated launch schedule -- later in the year ...likely around typical job-1 dates (summer).

I'd tell you more but then I'd have to :superhero: ..well, you know. :hysterical:

Dan

With Ford and Shelby possibly keeping the Shelby Gt500 thing going maybe

the Boss will have a better price down the road due to the limited amount ??

Thank for the information

:shades:

The Rufstang is ready.

WITH ALL THE HUB BUB ABOUT THE 2010 SHELBY GT500. MAYBE THE LIMIT

PRODUCTION BOSS WILL BE THE CAR TO HAVE FOR COLLECTORS AND

THOSE OF USE WHO JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN AND NOT BUY THE HOUSE

Thanks, Bro! Just trying to get some response from Vette guys. It's very hard to get them to engage!

Dan - how far is Wellsville from you?

Wellsville?!!

Looks like about the same as from here to DC ...5+ hours. What's in Wellsville? Wells? :hysterical:

---

<edit:> readers of this link may also be interested in this thread on 2010 Boss Mustang. --Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Check the post above - Speedyburd is in Wellsville! :happy feet:

With the lastest news about the Boss engine who knows what the future holds ?

I would not be disappointed with the present fuel situatiion to see a

2010 V6 Supercharged Boss. I would go for it for it looked good .

• 2 weeks later...
Check the post above - Speedyburd is in Wellsville! :happy feet:

Look out for the up coming 2009 car show season for the new Mustang Boss

Look for the Boss 302 in the summer of 2009 as a 2010 model.

• 2 weeks later...
Now that's more like it! :spiteful:

;-)

Hope to get some GOOD news out of Ford about the New BOSS.

Has anyone hear anything ?? All this Oil shit is depressing .

Looks like a repeat of the 70's and high oil repeated.

Maybe our Goverment will finally get an energy policy. ( I really doubt it )

We need a Third Party to get the other two moving.

Vote Constitutional Party !!

Hope to get some GOOD news out of Ford about the New BOSS.

Has anyone hear anything ??

Nothing new -- summer of '09 as a '10MY, 5.0 revised modular, long-sleeve, low-deck, DOHC, roughly square bore/stroke. Certainly could change but doubt it because it's gotta be well-baked by now.

Btw, at least one site that had originally published the eroneous information (no names being mentioned :rolleyes:) now has it right because they were 'contacted,' saw the errors of their earlier statements, made some calls to validate, and then revised their site info -- kinda funny since they're now being quoted ...gotta love it. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

The Texas Hot is there, Better Days...along with a number of old wealthy folks from the boomtown days.

Wellsville?!!

Looks like about the same as from here to DC ...5+ hours. What's in Wellsville? Wells? :hysterical:

---

<edit:> readers of this link may also be interested in this thread on 2010 Boss Mustang. --Dan

The Texas Hot is there, Better Days...along with a number of old wealthy folks from the boomtown days.

I guess we have to wait till November the the LA auto show to see what FORD

has in mind for the Mustang and new Boss models. In this crazy world who

knows what lies ahead. Even classic auto's are dropping in price. Maybe this

is the fast track to making the USA a second class nation ?

• 2 weeks later...
I would either like to see the 5.0DOHC motor using the FR500C Grand Am cup car intake :yup: Or a N/A Alloy block 5.4 DOHC using the Ford GT heads and a verison of the 2000 R-code intake!!! :happy feet: Fully forged bottom end, 7000rpm redline, a decent transmission "maybe TKO500 w/ 26 spline input shaft", and some damn rear end gear options w/ 4.10's being a minimum!!!! And PLEASE, PLEASE put it on a diet and drop some weight, the corvettes are weighing in at 3100-3200 lbs.!!!! I can assure you, build it for $35K or less and they will come!!!! :bowdown: And the Mustang community will thank you for your support! :rockon:

the company that I work for , are now test running the new 5.0 liter crank that is code named coyote,that Ford is test running in the new engines to replace the 4.6. That would fit the BOSS , better with an aluminum block to save weaght. To be close to original 302 BOSS, and of coarse a few performance mods, exhaust, cold air intake , suspinsion.

the company that I work for , are now test running the new 5.0 liter crank that is code named coyote,that Ford is test running in the new engines to replace the 4.6. That would fit the BOSS , better with an aluminum block to save weaght. To be close to original 302 BOSS, and of coarse a few performance mods, exhaust, cold air intake , suspinsion.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Cool! How are they testing the crank? Is it in an alloy block? I would think to replace the 4.6 3V it would have to also be alloy. I've heard an iron 5.0 might be used as a gap-filler in the trucks too now that only the SuperDuty will get the 6.2 Hurricane. Any insight you can share? My understanding is the BOSS 'stang will be 5.0 alloy DOHC.

• 3 weeks later...
:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Cool! How are they testing the crank? Is it in an alloy block? I would think to replace the 4.6 3V it would have to also be alloy. I've heard an iron 5.0 might be used as a gap-filler in the trucks too now that only the SuperDuty will get the 6.2 Hurricane. Any insight you can share? My understanding is the BOSS 'stang will be 5.0 alloy DOHC.

Almost a month since the last post and the Auto Industry still is looking BAD. Who knows what Ford or GM or Chrysler will be doing in the near future??

To some GOOD news has anyone heard anything about the Boss Mustang ?? I would be happy with a V6 3.5 supercharged Boss the way things are going.

How about your thought about this ???

The boss engine program was canceled last year! I do not think there will be a program anytime soon. And with the current energy issues, it's looking worse.

Stuart

The Hurricane/Boss engine program has been limited only to SD trucks for sometime and was probably never intended to provide passenger car motivation. The H/Boss engine is too heavy in cast iron form for use in passenger cars.

We are discussing the availability of a Boss Mustang, likely powered by a revised modular V8 of 5.0L - and yes a Boss Mustang MUST have V8 power, preferably 5.0L of it for a correct Boss 302.

The Hurricane/Boss engine program has been limited only to SD trucks for sometime and was probably never intended to provide passenger car motivation. The H/Boss engine is too heavy in cast iron form for use in passenger cars.

I actually agree with you, but just to throw this out there, the 5.4 was originally thought of the same way.

I actually agree with you, but just to throw this out there, the 5.4 was originally thought of the same way.

Welcome nstanglnd!! Enjoy your stay, great place to hang out and talk about Mustangs. I do know that early in the H/Boss development, an all-alloy 5.8L engine was considered for the Mustang but shelved. Certainly Ford could derive any variety of displacements from the H/Boss architecture (including 5.0L) if so inclined. However, given the current state of affairs at Ford, they will simply go with the modified modular design - for now

I think Ford will be hard pressed to get the new Mustang GT out on the market with it's new 5.0 motor. That combined with the 2010 GT500, I would place $20 bucks that we will not see a Boss Mustang in 2010.

Any takers ?

Archived