TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss Mustang

1970boss302

touchy, touchy, someone's a little over-sensitive about their 'stang (maybe the new name for this forum should be over-reactors anonymous) - besides we weren't talkin' 'bout the GT500 but the-still-a-pipe-dream Boss....but since you went there, comparing the GT500 to the Camaro or GTO or any other model isn't apples to apples...the GTO and new Camaro (and new Challenger) will be making HP the old fashioned way, w/o an SC.....bolt an SC one any of those previously mentioned cars and it would surpass the GT500 for less money, especially with the price being charged by dealers for the GT500 over and above sticker...if Ford ever decides to produce a Boss (not likely), it will be underpowered and outperformed by the Camaro and Challenger regardless of Ford's engine choice

There is a reason why the GT500 and even the 03-04 Cobra's are compared with Corvettes and not Camaros! Too fast and simply....we drove the Camaro, like every other muscle car, out of business. Yea sure, the new Camaro will be a fast car. You would imagine that in the 5-7 years that the Camaro has been NON-EXISTENT, GM would be able to come up with some nice and fast. You also tend to forget one thing....Challenger and Camaro are over-weight vehicles....which is why they must make-up for with the bigger blocks!

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...maybe he's confusing modern technology with Chevy's dinosaur of a pushrod beast that they have to throw thousands in titanuim pieces at (pushrods, rockers, conrods, etc) to get it to rev and make HP <lol>

The mod NA 5.0 manracer makes far in excess of 575 HP as a small DOHC motor. I don't know the exact HP it makes, but in GrandAm with 70% restrictor plates and unfairly limited to 3.55 gears (becasue it kicked everyone's azz the year before with well over 100HP less), it still eats the SB pushrod Camaro racers with 4.11 gears ...without working up a sweat -- beats many of the BMWs (several BMW teams are jumping to Mustangs) and Porsches too.

Camaro lovers who want to trash talk here should take it somewhere else -- I don't piss on your bowties over at Pushrods Unlimited, so don't trash talk Mustangs here...

If you want to hang here, respect the house you're in. Thanks, and have a nice day ...here or wherever you came from.

Dan

both of those guys (Fan and Fanatic) are typical Mustang owners, arrogant and conceited and don't know :censored: about cars, neither of you have probably ever been on dragstrip in your life (my ss runs 12.8's all day on street tires, wanna race?)...you think your Mustangs are the best even though my 7 yr old Camaro will smoke you....you guys are dillusional if you think the new Boss (or any new Mustang) will beat the new Camaro when it comes out....in case you forgot, the last generation Camaro owned the Mustang in every performance category (0-60, handling and braking)

I don't think any regulars on this thread are typical Mustang owners or ignorant. What you mistake for arrogance is actually more like frustration. We don't have any new information on the new Boss, so we dissect every ounce of news and then speculate without really getting anywhere. Lacking any real news, we're basically arguing about who will be right. There's nothing else to talk about.

Ford fans generally tend to be more into street and track rather than ETs. But as for your 12.8, any old lady can hit mid 13's in a stock Mustang GT automatic.

The new Camaro concept was designed by the Z06 designer, and it shares many design cues with the Corvette, which is not attractive in my book, a hodge-podge of designs with that butt-ugly front inlet. But no 4000+ lb car will keep up with a 3600 lb car with equal hp-to-weight ratios, so you'll need 400+ hp to be competitive, like the Charger SRT.

I love the mod family. I don't know why some guys crap on the 4.6 and 5.4 (descendants of the 427 SOHC). There's no guarantee that the rumored H/Boss will be a lightweight block.

as you pointed out "lacking any real news, we're basically arguing about who will be right."...problem is that your arguments are all smoke and mirrors, hypothesis and theory....truth is most of what you are discussing is just plain wrong....what you don't consider is the following (1) Ford never builds another Boss Mustang (that's where my money is) or (2) the "Boss" Mustang will only be an option package on the GT just like the lame CA Special....in the end you guys are wasting time and energy arguing over NOTHING!! heck, Ford doesn't even own the rights to the Boss name....same goes for this h/boss engine you keep ranting about, it will never see production either...unfortunately Ford is on it's last legs, if the trend continues we'll all be driving Camrys :barf:

Ford will build a Boss. That is a given.

What is not known is if it will be out as a 09 or 2010.

It will not be just a packaged option on a GT Mustang like the CS. It will be a stand alone model like the GT500.

What motor they will use is unknown.

What is known is that they will definitely build one. That is official word from Ford.

Ford said it was to come out as a 09. Rumors have been said that Ford has pushed it back to come out as a 2010 model. Ford has not said anything more on this. So we don't know for sure yet if it will be a 2009 or 2010 model, but it will be coming out one way or the other.

The buillitt will be an 08 coming out second half of the 08 model year. At first it was going to be limited to 5,000 and has since been upped to 7,000 units.

09 will either be the Boss, or a Mach 1, or they will extend the GT500 for a 3rd year, if they are in fact pushing the Boss back to a 2010 model.

as you pointed out "lacking any real news, we're basically arguing about who will be right."...problem is that your arguments are all smoke and mirrors, hypothesis and theory....truth is most of what you are discussing is just plain wrong....what you don't consider is the following (1) Ford never builds another Boss Mustang (that's where my money is) or (2) the "Boss" Mustang will only be an option package on the GT just like the lame CA Special....in the end you guys are wasting time and energy arguing over NOTHING!! heck, Ford doesn't even own the rights to the Boss name....same goes for this h/boss engine you keep ranting about, it will never see production either...unfortunately Ford is on it's last legs, if the trend continues we'll all be driving Camrys :barf:

Why dont you just crawl back into your deep depression! Dont hate just because MUSTANGS kicked the CRAP out of the CAMARO and TRANS AM and that is why THEY NO LONGER EXIST! Let the Camaro come back, who knows how long they will last again! Besides I would rather jump into the BETTER Trans Am model. Everyone knows the camaro is the cheaper of the two. Oh and one more thing....pretty sad that GM has had since 02 to rethink and rebuild the Camaro and the best they could do was take the cadillac XLR and just make it look meaner! That is all a camaro is....a "mean" cadillac :huh: :unsure: ...that just doesnt sound right BUT it is the truth. BTW, I got this point of view from a TRUE CAMARO owner. Met the guy at the Good Guys show back in April/May and dude has built up 10 60's Camaros with his son. No kidding he and his son said the camaro looks like the XLR!....OH OH OH he also said he is very impressed with the new mustangs! HA....viva chevy, huh! :finger: lol.

Ford does own the Boss name... they closed a deal with the Shinoda family last year and has since registered the Boss trademark -- facts speak louder than BS (but you knew that) ...don't believe me, check it out at the Patent and Tademark Office. Also the H/Boss motor (under whatever name) ships in the F-series later this year (but you knew that too). Ford will do a Boss, we're just discussing the various strategies that make sense for Ford production-wise, emissions-wise and financially -- the things that actually do matter to a manufacturer (but you knew that also). It's ok if you don't understand such stuff, but constructuve posts might get a better response ...and might provide a way out of your apparent abject ignorance.

Enjoy your piss azz Chevy Camry! :hysterical:

Ford does own the Boss name... they closed a deal with the Shinoda family last year and has since registered the Boss trademark -- facts speak louder than BS (but you knew that) ...don't believe me, check it out at the Patent and Tademark Office. Also the H/Boss motor (under whatever name) ships in the F-series later this year (but you knew that too). Ford will do a Boss, we're just discussing the various strategies that make sense for Ford production-wise, emissions-wise and financially -- the things that actually do matter to a manufacturer (but you knew that also). It's ok if you don't understand such stuff, but constructuve posts might get a better response ...and might provide a way out of your apparent abject ignorance.

Enjoy your piss azz Chevy Camry! :hysterical:

68Fastback is going to tour the Romeo engine plant next month!!

How cool is that? (And I'll be right alongside him!!)

Money Talks and BS Walks! :hysterical2:

blah blah blah blah “blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.”…blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah.…blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah….blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (1) Blah blah blah blah Blah Blah (blah blah blah blah blah) blah (2) blah “Blah” Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah….blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH!! blah, Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah….blah blah blah blah b/blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah… blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah :barf:

:redcard:

For once, I've got nothing to say (I know, hard to imagine ) CobraFan, Mad103 and Dan said it all, seems our Camaro brethern have been neglected far too long and are suffering from a lack of stimulation.

Hey never mind the bench racing, ironically I took on a late-model Camaro SS today on the way home! It might have been a 2000-01 model. When this dude pulled up next to me, I immediately thought of this thread. :)

What always surprises Chevy drivers is the mid-range torque of the Ford 281. My car has way more power at 70 mph than off the line! It's what RUF was talking about at 4000 when "the secondaries open up". The low end could be improved with lower gears, I've got 3.73's on my wish list.

I've even surprised C6 Vettes. A quick shift down into 3rd pops it up to about 4800 at freeway speed, and after a quick throttle mash, I shift into 4th, and I'm certain some Chevy drivers assume I've got a S/C under the hood due to the CAI whine. That always surprises them. The Mustang GT sounds frigging awesome at 4500 rpm, but even more so with a CAI.

Hey never mind the bench racing, ironically I took on a late-model Camaro SS today on the way home! It might have been a 2000-01 model. When this dude pulled up next to me, I immediately thought of this thread. :)

What always surprises Chevy drivers is the mid-range torque of the Ford 281. My car has way more power at 70 mph than off the line! It's what RUF was talking about at 4000 when "the secondaries open up". The low end could be improved with lower gears, I've got 3.73's on my wish list.

I've even surprised C6 Vettes. A quick shift down into 3rd pops it up to about 4800 at freeway speed, and after a quick throttle mash, I shift into 4th, and I'm certain some Chevy drivers assume I've got a S/C under the hood due to the CAI whine. That always surprises them. The Mustang GT sounds frigging awesome at 4500 rpm, but even more so with a CAI.

Awesome CobraFan!!! Love a good "kill" story, especially when it is a Crapmaro :happy feet:

Man - my 4:10's get me off the line much quicker. I've jumped on several stock GT's and they didn't know what hit 'em! (they usually get an attitude - after they rev on Me to begin with)

CAI? Oh, man. My C&L sounds like a Hoover on steriods! :hysterical2:

What's been hard to adjust to is the 6500 rev limit since the cam install. I still see that red on the tach and shift too soon. I'd love to have a shift light.

Hey guys,

Notice he is gone....like all the other GirlieMen who come into the forum and talk trash and go back home crying REALIZING that we are right and they are wrong!

No doubt, he's crawled back under the rock from which he emerged. GirlieMen, I love it!! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

68Fastback is going to tour the Romeo engine plant next month!!

How cool is that? (And I'll be right alongside him!!)

Money Talks and BS Walks! :hysterical2:

Awesome, I didn't know you guys were paying a visit to the Romeo plant. Enjoy yourselves and make sure you look behind the door marked "Top Secret - Boss engine development". ;)

Awesome, I didn't know you guys were paying a visit to the Romeo plant. Enjoy yourselves and make sure you look behind the door marked "Top Secret - Boss engine development". ;)

Oh, I'm sure 68 will be checking every door! He'll probably get hired as a consultant. Hmmmm...not a bad idea.

Yeah, I think you're hunch is right... the Boss in '08 as an '09 ...just my guess -- or '09 as a '10 in the likelihood the revised mustang slips one year (highly likely by design, I think). Personally, I'm thinking the Saleen PJ was a market 'prototype' to gauge interest . Such a schedule would also seem to fit with the GT500 going into a third year which, for some reason, was resported by just about every mag that drove one of the GT500 pre-production units in May, which leads me to believe Ford told them that in the pre-track briefing (my speculatiuon) since it would be an astounding coincidence otherwise.

Whatever actually happens, it would seem to be logically targeted at the 400hp nat.asp. Camaro. Can't wait! :happy feet:

I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Parnelli Jones awhile back. We talked about the Saleen PJ and he told me it came about when he approached Saleen about building a tribute of his 69 TA Mustang. In talking about it, Parnelli came to the conclusion he didnt really want the 69 as it was pretty raw in driving on the street. So they began discussing doing the tribute with a S197, and the Saleen PJ is the result, nothing to do with Ford or Ford imput.

Great first post!

Welcome.

You spoke with Him? Awesome!

And what a car he and Saleen came up with.

Now - if we can get "Bill" to listen - perhaps Flat Rock can do something similar that the rest of us can afford.

Archived