TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss Mustang

1970boss302

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alex, the link is working fine for me. Anyone else having problems?

I can't connect either. I get a error 403 message. Something about a bad link.

Just released.... Have you seen this Bullitt motor?

Sounds more like a Boss 281 ;) or the basis of several cars in various chasis, trim and adders (Bullitt, GT350, Boss???).

Seems clear that if theis 4.6 is 400HP with the new manifold then the 5.4 iron Boss at 380HP had to be pure finctional "leak" gamesmanship, since few will buy a 5.4 iron Boss. I like this new development!!!

Dan

And now I find this! <sigh>

I'm going to need therapy if this keeps up <lol>

-Dan

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/styl...lt/banghead.gif

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/styl...lt/banghead.gif

Looks like the new Bullit Mustang maybe the ( BOSS ) with a different name

it will have a 400 HP motor and be set up for road racing.

Sounds like the Boss to me wounder why Ford is not going with a proven

name like Boss and using the Bullit ???

Anyone have any input ???????????

And now I find this! <sigh>

I'm going to need therapy if this keeps up <lol>

-Dan

I already need therapy but the reasons are too numerous to discuss... :hysterical2:

Let's hope we soon separate some of the rumor from the facts - and that there is indeed a alloy 5.0L DOHC Boss 302 in our future!!!

I'm beginning to think Ford may produce two Boss Mustangs in '09, one powered by a 5.0L Cammer (Boss 302) and the other by a 7.0L Boss (aka Hurricane) engine (Boss 429) to replace the GT500 as the top dog SVT Mustang. Of course, that is just conjecture but I can't help believing the 5.0L Cammer may be destined for production given the "market test" in the Interceptor.

Man, I hope you're right. a 7.0L Boss Hurricane would be an over the top compliment to a Shelby GT500. Count me in Ford.

HSURB

Just another tidbit of information from Fourcam over at SVT Performance. Seems the new Boss engine series will have AL blocks and heads. Great news once the Boss engines arrive!! :happy feet:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showp...p;postcount=162

However, it is also disappointing that I will have to wait until that engine is introduced (possibly MY '09 but most likely MY '10) to have a platform for building my own Boss Mustang. Given all the recent disappointing Boss revelations, Ford is going to hopelessly screw up the Boss nameplate by saddling it with a RPM limited, heavy iron block 5.4L :banghead: And Ford execs can't figure out why they are losing market share....

Just another tidbit of information from Fourcam over at SVT Performance. Seems the new Boss engine series will have AL blocks and heads. Great news once the Boss engines arrive!! :happy feet:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showp...p;postcount=162

However, it is also disappointing that I will have to wait until that engine is introduced (possibly MY '09 but most likely MY '10) to have a platform for building my own Boss Mustang. Given all the recent disappointing Boss revelations, Ford is going to hopelessly screw up the Boss nameplate by saddling it with a RPM limited, heavy iron block 5.4L :banghead: And Ford execs can't figure out why they are losing market share....

That's great news!!!! Thanks, Fanatic ...H/Boss in alloy from the start :woohoo:

Here's a video of the original Boss and SallenPJ toying with each other on the track ..it's a Saleen promo, no doubt, but cool nonetheless ;-)

That's great news!!!! Thanks, Fanatic ...H/Boss in alloy from the start :woohoo:

Here's a video of the original Boss and SallenPJ toying with each other on the track ..it's a Saleen promo, no doubt, but cool nonetheless ;-)

Great vid Dan, thanks for sharing!!! Every time I see the PJ Saleen, I want one even more....now if I just had $60K....And I'm continually mystified as to WHY Ford can't offer a Boss 302 Mustang in a similar vein...

Great vid Dan, thanks for sharing!!! Every time I see the PJ Saleen, I want one even more....now if I just had $60K....And I'm continually mystified as to WHY Ford can't offer a Boss 302 Mustang in a similar vein...

I also like the PJ Mustang and hope Ford follows suit.

With the cold winter weather it's hard to think about

hot cars cruising.

yeah, I guess they don't want to develop another 5.0-specific intake and stroker (lacking prouction spray-bore)... they need a credible DOHC NA alloy motor (whatever architecture) to fill the gap since the '01 Cobra -- coming competition will force that fix, imo, the only question is the on what base architecture -- mod or H/Boss or both ;)

(anyone been locked out tonight for several hours? I just got back in since around 7:00pm! If you clicked on any stangsunleashed address it was "can't access..." and the address returned was a bizarre: http:\\\stangs\ [<--tripple backslashes!!] -- weirdest thing I've ever seen -- thought I had a virus of some kind but neither Norton nor Pestpatrol found anything -- well, all's well that ends well ;-) )

Looks like the youtube report form Carrol Shelby at the car auction

that he will be building more cars for Ford in the near future.

probably the Shelby GT350 and maybe Bullit and Boss models ?????

from your lips to HTT's ears <lol> maybe NYIAS will reveal something -- Ford has a history of key Mustang reveals in NY.

More tibits of information from Fourcam at SVT Performance, seems an AL 5.8L H/Boss powered Boss Mustang won't debut until MY '11. Great job Ford... :banghead: Guess this would be classified as a "Timid Move"

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showt...984&page=10

More Mustang info in the lastest Motor Trend ??

It must boost there sales and who knows there source ??

More Mustang info in the lastest Motor Trend ??

It must boost there sales and who knows there source ??

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/styl...ana%20piano.gif

I guess we will have to wait for the offical word from Ford hope fully some time

this year on the Boss Mustang. There are too many rumors flying to know if

any are true. Sit back and wait for the offical Ford word.

I guess we will have to wait for the offical word from Ford hope fully some time

this year on the Boss Mustang. There are too many rumors flying to know if

any are true. Sit back and wait for the offical Ford word.

The PJ Mustang is a very nice car and I hope the Ford Boss is as nice a car.

I like the look of the PJ Mustang and am looking foward to the Ford Boss.

• 2 weeks later...
The PJ Mustang is a very nice car and I hope the Ford Boss is as nice a car.

I like the look of the PJ Mustang and am looking foward to the Ford Boss.

Looks like the bad weather has dampened the Boss talk.

Hope we get some new information from the New York car show.

If anyone has info please feed it to us now.

The silence on a new Boss Mustang is deafening, to say I am disappointed in the lack of developments would be a severe understatement. Rapidly losing hope that will Ford EVER develop and sell a worthy Boss Mustang :banghead:

:cry: I feel your pain... I'm hoping for NYIAS, but have heard n o t h i n g...

Did you hear that HTT is now head of product development at Ford Brazil -- replaced by a guy who worked for him from BMW. They're clearly fast-tracking HTT -- he will be a Ford superstar unless he screws up... he'll be back (I predict) within 24 months to head-up a new Ford-performance organization with direct product responsibility for multiple brands -- just in time for the real muscle-car wars-II (you heard it here first ;-) ..just my prediction, but such patterns are not uncommon. I view this as goodness.

In the meantime :baby:

I don't think you will hear anything about the Boss this year.

:cry::cry: Given the lack of information (other than the trash published by MT), that isn't surprising but it is very disappointing.

I guess I shouldn't be too upset, we still haven't seen anything official from Ford on the Bullitt and production is rumored to begin in Q4.

I just hope the lack of hard information indicates that Ford is keeping a tight wrap on a killer Boss Mustang program that will feature Boss 302 and/or Boss 351 models as opposed to a total lack of interest or R&D on a new Boss Mustang.

:cry::cry::cry:

:baby:

Ford is working on a 500CID big block for Force's Funny car though -- likely unrelated to the H/Boss, but encouraging that Ford feels that's important. Possibly they are trying to come up with a single block that could be the basis of a new Big Boss offering (not for a production car) for NASCAR (presently a 385-series nodular-iron 460-derivative), NHRA Fuel (Force) and Pro Stock (I just made that one up, but hey, Glidden is back in pro stock and the name Glidden and Ford used to be synonymous with winning in Pro Stock).

John Force said they plan on debuting a Ford-branded jointly developed F/C motor later this summer: The basis of the rumored Big Boss?? :spiteful:

Also, there's rumor of another car Ford has in development to replace the Ford GT as a new halo car -- light, stupid-fast, NA V8 -- that's the rumor... my lips are sealed...

Archived