TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Boss Mustang

1970boss302

Personally, I think the appearance of the PJ Saleen is the PERFECT interpretation of the Boss. Although I would prefer mine in Metallic Black, the Grabber Orange would be my second choice.

See the link below for some pics of Chuck's PJ, truly stunning!! :drool:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...2567&st=40#

Check your new Motor Trend for a 2008 Mustang Boss model

it say only 1000 models made ?? witha 5.0 motor. Who know were

they got the information ?? Maybe a Ford tease for Boss fans for whats

to come down the road 2009, 2010 ???? What are your thoughts ??

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check your new Motor Trend for a 2008 Mustang Boss model

it say only 1000 models made ?? witha 5.0 motor. Who know were

they got the information ?? Maybe a Ford tease for Boss fans for whats

to come down the road 2009, 2010 ???? What are your thoughts ??

Yes, I bought the new MT today and read the "article". I use that term loosely since it was in the "Opinions and Views" section. To me, it seems like a few facts interspersed among mostly speculation and conjecture.

I don't believe Ford would limit the production to only 1,000 units - wouldn't make business sense in their current limited capital environment. As far as the engine choice goes, I would love to believe the Boss Mustang will offer a sweet DOHC 5.0L Boss (aka Hurricane) engine but I don't think there is enough information available yet to make a final call in the displacement department. I think MT is just trying to sell mags (hey, it worked on me, I bought one! :doh: ) by creating speculation about a highly anticipated model of a very hot car IMHO.

The 2008 Boss Mustang saga is going strong. Will Ford produce a 2008 Boss

Mustang is yet to be seen. My interest in this subject as I know many Boss

lovers is strong. Hope we can find out more information next year from Ford.

The Motor Trend article has increased our interest again and Ford needs some good news.

Keep in touch and to all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

God bless you and your families.

P.S. I am first on my dealers list for the new BOSS .

You can put me in the "gotta have one" if Ford ever produces another Boss 302 worthy of the original!! :yup:

+1!!

java script:emoticon(':banana piano:', 'smid_2')

:banana piajava script:emoticon(':finger:', 'smid_8')

:finger:no:

Looks like the Motor Trend magazine article has some people

chewing on it. I don't know were they get there information

or make it up?? We will just have to wait for Ford for the

official word on the new Boss 302 .

Time to save your money.

Looks like the Motor Trend magazine article has some people

chewing on it. I don't know were they get there information

or make it up?? We will just have to wait for Ford for the

official word on the new Boss 302 .

Time to save your money.

Yes, the M/T piece has definitely sparked conversation and debate which was likely the original intent.

I definitely agree, it is time to save my money!!

Yes, the M/T piece has definitely sparked conversation and debate which was likely the original intent.

I definitely agree, it is time to save my money!!

:banana piano:

Looks like the Shelby GT is bringing a higher bid on Ebay than the Shelby GT500

What will the Boss be like if this keeps going nuts ??????????????????????????????

There must be a lot of money out there or credit ??????????????????????????????

I hope people don't lose there shits over a car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i just read motortrend mag and online:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_ne...7_ford_mustangs

considering that they will use the 5.0 hurricane engine, which would be quicker Boss or GT500? Sorry I ask but I assume the weight make a diff...all I know is that the GT500 was criticized for its weight (3950 lbs about)...but also GTs are kinda heavy (3600 lbs about with a 4.6L) so the power/weight ratio is different.

GT's are kinda heavy?

The new Challenger, according to what I've read, is going to come in around 4200.

It's going to need more than 425 ponies to keep up most Mustangs. Shelby's? Don't think so.

java script:emoticon(':hysterical2:', 'smid_12')

:hysterical2:

The LA auto show pictures of a Blue Boss 302m are nice but I want to hear some

information from Ford when we can get the Boss 302.

So i just read motortrend mag and online:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_ne...7_ford_mustangs

considering that they will use the 5.0 hurricane engine, which would be quicker Boss or GT500? Sorry I ask but I assume the weight make a diff...all I know is that the GT500 was criticized for its weight (3950 lbs about)...but also GTs are kinda heavy (3600 lbs about with a 4.6L) so the power/weight ratio is different.

Ugh....DON'T believe anything in that rag......they like to :stirpot: to sell mag's, that's all...and as far as what's faster.....the GT 500 hands down. They haven't even made the Boss yet! :hysterical:

java script:emoticon(':happy feet:', 'smid_9')

:happy feet:

With the Shelby GT price at $ 36,970.00 the Boss 302 price should hopefully

be a little more. I hope it is less than $ 40,000.00 in 2009. We will just have to

wait and see what Ford is going to do. But Ford can't wait because the competion

is coming out with cars in a fews years. It maybe to Fords advantage to stay ahead

of the balls by coming out with a Boss 302 Model in late 2007 which would be a 2008

model year. This would take some of the tumder away from the competion's new

models and keep the mustang sslaes going Hot. Let's see if Ford really has the BOLD

MOVES it say's it has !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

java script:emoticon(':happy feet:', 'smid_9')

:happy feet:

With the Shelby GT price at $ 36,970.00 the Boss 302 price should hopefully

be a little more. I hope it is less than $ 40,000.00 in 2009. We will just have to

wait and see what Ford is going to do. But Ford can't wait because the competion

is coming out with cars in a fews years. It maybe to Fords advantage to stay ahead

of the balls by coming out with a Boss 302 Model in late 2007 which would be a 2008

model year. This would take some of the tumder away from the competion's new

models and keep the mustang sslaes going Hot. Let's see if Ford really has the BOLD

MOVES it say's it has !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see the Boss sooner than MY '09 but I seriously doubt it, especially if it is slated to have Boss (aka Hurricane) power. The Boss engine won't appear in the F150 until MY '08 so I doubt it will debut in the Mustang at the same time. As far as the MSRP, I'd be disappointed if it came in at anything above the Shelby GT. $40K is too much for a Boss IMHO, unless it is really a top-notch performer in all categories (400+ hp, 6 spd, IRS, 14" Front 13" Rear brakes, curb weight at 3,400 lbs or less with a full load of fuel).

I agree with the above, the price should be 40k the most. I think Its gonna go like this, GT will be same price as RS camaro, Boss will be the same as the SS/Z28, and Gt500 will be the same as whatever the top dog camaro will be. I say the Boss will be the same as the SS/Z28 becuase I have no idea what camaros going to do. From what I heard the SS will have the 400hp 6.0, that would be par with the 400hp Boss 302, the RS will have a roughly 300hp 327 like the current impala/monte carlo and thats equal to the 300 hp in the Gt model. I have no idea what there doing with the Z28 name I doubt theyll use it for the top model. Id make the SS the top model with the 427 and the Z28 be the competition for the Boss 302. Only reason I brought up the camaro is that I cant think of another way to come up with the prices of the mustang, I heard the 6.0 will be 40k so I bet the Boss will be about the same.

I am on the list for the new 2008 or 2009 Boss 302.

I don't think people should be buying the car for an investment even though

the prices have gone up. My 1970 Boss 302 bought in 2003 at $20,000 is now

probably worth around $ 30,000. But who knows what the future holds for car

prices? I can see a future with a new energy source power our cars and trucks.

So if your buying a Mustang buy it for the fun for now forget the future.

:banajava script:emoticon(':hyper:', 'smid_11')

:hyper:na piano:

As we enter the year 2007 waiting for more information from Ford

about the new Boss 302. I would urge all Americans to buy American

made vehicles. You say Toyoto is American made but were do the

profits go? to Japan. Yes your are your brothers keeper and a true

American keeps jobs in America.

:banajava script:emoticon(':hyper:', 'smid_11')

:hyper:na piano:

As we enter the year 2007 waiting for more information from Ford

about the new Boss 302. I would urge all Americans to buy American

made vehicles. You say Toyoto is American made but were do the

profits go? to Japan. Yes your are your brothers keeper and a true

American keeps jobs in America.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!!

Another year closer to the new Boss 302 Mustang.

Hopefully Ford will not stop bringing out the Bold new Mustang Models that

help to sell the Mustang. Keep up the good work Ford and we the public

will be looking for more on the New Mustang Boss 302 this year.

I think Ford just gave us another hint on a very possible engine for the mustang, the new ford interceptor concept that rides on a extended mustang platform is powered by a 400 hp cammer 5.0. I know that we have known for a while about the cammer, but this concept being powered by the motor, the fact that ford has a crate engine line-up of 5.0 boss motors just leaves me to think that this is the powerplant we will find in are 09 Boss 302. On another note I hope ford comes out with that interceptor concept but names it fairlane instead, its a very nice car its a combo of a 427 concept with the front end of a super chief, yes theres 300c there but the 427 concept came out before the 300c came out, 300c is a rip off of the 427. Also this interceptor concept has a tear drop hood, now if ford comes out with there line up of new boss motors ranging from the 5.0, 5.8, 6.2, and 7.0, how bad ass would it be to have that 427 in a special model fairlane named Thunderbolt, tear the shit out of a srt8 charger or whatever chevy does with there new rear wheel drive zeta impala's.

http://musclecarclub.com/musclecars/ford-f...tbolt-1964a.jpg

There were only 100 T-bolts made in 64, they had a souped up 427 and in factory form pulled off a high 11.

I think Ford just gave us another hint on a very possible engine for the mustang, the new ford interceptor concept that rides on a extended mustang platform is powered by a 400 hp cammer 5.0. I know that we have known for a while about the cammer, but this concept being powered by the motor, the fact that ford has a crate engine line-up of 5.0 boss motors just leaves me to think that this is the powerplant we will find in are 09 Boss 302. On another note I hope ford comes out with that interceptor concept but names it fairlane instead, its a very nice car its a combo of a 427 concept with the front end of a super chief, yes theres 300c there but the 427 concept came out before the 300c came out, 300c is a rip off of the 427. Also this interceptor concept has a tear drop hood, now if ford comes out with there line up of new boss motors ranging from the 5.0, 5.8, 6.2, and 7.0, how bad ass would it be to have that 427 in a special model fairlane named Thunderbolt, tear the shit out of a srt8 charger or whatever chevy does with there new rear wheel drive zeta impala's.

http://musclecarclub.com/musclecars/ford-f...tbolt-1964a.jpg

There were only 100 T-bolts made in 64, they had a souped up 427 and in factory form pulled off a high 11.

I'm beginning to think Ford may produce two Boss Mustangs in '09, one powered by a 5.0L Cammer (Boss 302) and the other by a 7.0L Boss (aka Hurricane) engine (Boss 429) to replace the GT500 as the top dog SVT Mustang. Of course, that is just conjecture but I can't help believing the 5.0L Cammer may be destined for production given the "market test" in the Interceptor.

I'm beginning to think Ford may produce two Boss Mustangs in '09, one powered by a 5.0L Cammer (Boss 302) and the other by a 7.0L Boss (aka Hurricane) engine (Boss 429) to replace the GT500 as the top dog SVT Mustang. Of course, that is just conjecture but I can't help believing the 5.0L Cammer may be destined for production given the "market test" in the Interceptor.

java script:emoticon(':banghead:', 'smid_3')

:banghead:

With all the bad news coming from FORD : dropped dealers , layed off workers, shutdown plants

It makes one hope that Ford would come out with the Boss sooner rather than latter.

Since there may not be a latter.

There is plenty of bad news from Ford, but unfortunately it is necessary if Ford is to survive. Ultimately, Ford will certainly produce at least one Boss model and hopefully two (preferrably the two outlined above :happy feet: )

I can't help but believe the Interceptor being based on a stretched Mustang chassis with a 5.0L Cammer is a positive development in bringing a Boss 302 to market.

I was certainly disappointed in the Detroit Autoshow, particularly from the standpoint of any news related to a new Boss Mustang. I was hoping Ford would at least share a few tidbits of information on the Boss but alas, no new developments. The silence is truly deafening....which hopefully means Ford is playing this one very close to the vest ahead of the launch of the Camaro and Challenger.

I was certainly disappointed in the Detroit Autoshow, particularly from the standpoint of any news related to a new Boss Mustang. I was hoping Ford would at least share a few tidbits of information on the Boss but alas, no new developments. The silence is truly deafening....which hopefully means Ford is playing this one very close to the vest ahead of the launch of the Camaro and Challenger.

Do recall, if you saw Ford Bold Moves #30, they had about 10 cars there covered in sheets. Don't doubt 1 or 2 were the new mustangs. It kills me to not know what is going on but it is a smart move by Ford. We sure as hell dont want to leak out information that GM or Daimler can get a hold of and use against us. Just like they are not FULLY disclosing their details of their cars. We just gotta wait for the day they hit the dealer floors. IMO. It should be fun

Do recall, if you saw Ford Bold Moves #30, they had about 10 cars there covered in sheets. Don't doubt 1 or 2 were the new mustangs. It kills me to not know what is going on but it is a smart move by Ford. We sure as hell dont want to leak out information that GM or Daimler can get a hold of and use against us. Just like they are not FULLY disclosing their details of their cars. We just gotta wait for the day they hit the dealer floors. IMO. It should be fun

It will definitely be fun, just don't know if I can stand to wait, the suspense is killing me!! :sos:

Archived