TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need new set of tires for my GT-H...

Hi guys...

The tires on my GT-H (the original 235/55 Pirellli zero nero's) are a little tired so I want to replace them.. I am going for 255/40's on all corners on the stock 17's.. I dont track, usual w.end use.. I will be buying through Tirerack and dont want to spend a fotune, upto $180 a tire? I was thinking of BFG KDW2's... Any advice / experience on what to buy (or not) would be appreciated :) Thanks!

Jon

Thanks for the input so far...

How are the KDW's Harald? I like the look of those... (& price special right now of $149 is nice!)

(Goodyears F1's seem like a good price too, not as pretty as the F1 GS-D3's or KDW's tho, IMO

Thanks for the input so far...

How are the KDW's Harald? I like the look of those... (& price special right now of $149 is nice!)

(Goodyears F1's seem like a good price too, not as pretty as the F1 GS-D3's or KDW's tho, IMO

I only drive in dry weather and car is not a daily driver. Seems good to me and they seem to hold the corners. They do make a little hum but nothing bad. To that end, they work for my application.

Hi guys...

The tires on my GT-H (the original 235/55 Pirellli zero nero's) are a little tired so I want to replace them.. I am going for 255/40's on all corners on the stock 17's.. I dont track, usual w.end use.. I will be buying through Tirerack and dont want to spend a fotune, upto $180 a tire? I was thinking of BFG KDW2's... Any advice / experience on what to buy (or not) would be appreciated :) Thanks!

Jon

Hey, I'm running Kumho's and never had a problem with traction and in heavy rain!! I got them thru tirerack also and they are cheap they hook up so good that I thru my back slamming from 1st to 2nd. No lie

Hey, I'm running Kumho's and never had a problem with traction and in heavy rain!! I got them thru tirerack also and they are cheap they hook up so good that I thru my back slamming from 1st to 2nd. No lie

What Khumos r they? I also hear Yoko's are good... im leaning towards the BFG KDW2's now that I know I cant get F1 supercars :(

What Khumos r they? I also hear Yoko's are good... im leaning towards the BFG KDW2's now that I know I cant get F1 supercars :(

See my sig, also. You'll like them!

BFG are made in America, too!

Happy hunting..

Dan

Are you sure that you want to go with a 255/40/17? That is almost 8% shorter than the stock 235/55/17. Your speedo will be off by over 5mph at 60mph. I don't think that you would be very happy with how they looked. They would look pretty small in the wheel well on these cars.

Are you sure that you want to go with a 255/40/17? That is almost 8% shorter than the stock 235/55/17. Your speedo will be off by over 5mph at 60mph. I don't think that you would be very happy with how they looked. They would look pretty small in the wheel well on these cars.

fair point jeff.. keepin on my stock rims, but wanting to go larger and slimmer, what would you suggest then? As stock, to me thr 235/55 seems to skinny and too tall

fair point jeff.. keepin on my stock rims, but wanting to go larger and slimmer, what would you suggest then? As stock, to me thr 235/55 seems to skinny and too tall

I would really consider the 18" rims. Nice ride and enough side wall if you track. JMO

I agree, the 18's would be my choice. The 2006 Coupes with the 2007 black center 18's looks really nice. A 255/40/18 is still 4.2% shorter than stock, but better. A 255/50/17 is just a touch shorter than stock but with the added width you are looking for. That's what I would go for, but that's just my opinion. I use this site a lot for doing tire sizing. It works great:

Tire size calculator

Archived