TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 or 2009 KR

I've wondered about this myself, although it really doesn't make any difference to me. The '08 is the 40th anniversary, but there were almost twice as many of them made (or at least available in the US) as the '09s. They won't be making any more after that.

But, I have a feeling that if V8's aren't made illegal by 2018, our pals at Shelby will just HAVE to build a few 50th anniversary KRs. I can't even imagine what a beast that will be, but I'll be first in line to buy one, if I'm still above ground.

By the time these cars are bringing big money I dont know that the year will make much difference. Yes the 09s are fewer, but the 08 is the anniverary car! Buy one and drive it like you stole it!!!

MM

I think both years would be valuable.... I remember the guy at the dealership tried to sell me the 09 for 2K more than the 08... both brand new same color and with about 10 miles... I told him why would i want the 09 for 2K more when i could get the 40th anniversary 08... He tried to argue its a 09... and i said yeah but both brand new with warranty from when you get it.... LOL in his face...and said ITS A 40TH ANN KR. He got quiet and knew what i meant...

Maybe the 08 would be worth more... I myself would be happy to have any KR at all!!!! But i did choose the 08 40th at the dealership :)

I think both years would be valuable.... I remember the guy at the dealership tried to sell me the 09 for 2K more than the 08... both brand new same color and with about 10 miles... I told him why would i want the 09 for 2K more when i could get the 40th anniversary 08... He tried to argue its a 09... and i said yeah but both brand new with warranty from when you get it.... LOL in his face...and said ITS A 40TH ANN KR. He got quiet and knew what i meant...

Maybe the 08 would be worth more... I myself would be happy to have any KR at all!!!! But i did choose the 08 40th at the dealership :)

Not sure which one is the better way to go (had my choice for an 08 or 09) but I went with the 09 that had the new clutch/flywheel setup from the factory.

I felt better not having to have someone do the TSB to the car.

But I do like the 40th emblems...

Archived