TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500

I would like to change my hood out on my 2007 Shelby GT500 to a hood design like the 2008 Shelby GT500KR "King of the Road' hood design.

My 2007 is white with blue racing stripes. Is the GT500KR hood design available for a retro fit to 2007 GT500 with my color scheme? If so, how can I ifnd out further information, contacts, etc to locate this?

Lots of info via search. KR hood is not an option but SuperSnake hood is available through Shelby as well as a few other manufacturers with similar look. You will have to get it painted and striped to match your car. They don't come that way.

This has been a long debated subject around here. I'm with you, I love the KR hood, but they won't sell it. I even loved the original hood on the the first two prototypes better than what we ended up with. But oh well....

Here is the link to the closest thing to the KR HOOD. It hasn't gone without it's problems in the past, but the last I've read, they have straightend out their manufactuer problems and are making good hoods.

I have the same color scheme as your's except mine is a vert and I want one and to place the S H E L B Y letters across the hood in the front.

Trufiber Venom Hood for GT500

This has been a long debated subject around here. I'm with you, I love the KR hood, but they won't sell it. I even loved the original hood on the the first two prototypes better than what we ended up with. But oh well....

Here is the link to the closest thing to the KR HOOD. It hasn't gone without it's problems in the past, but the last I've read, they have straightend out their manufactuer problems and are making good hoods.

I have the same color scheme as your's except mine is a vert and I want one and to place the S H E L B Y letters across the hood in the front.

Trufiber Venom Hood for GT500

That looks like a pretty accurate copy of the KR hood.

It is my understanding that you will not find a true carbon fiber KR hood anywhere. Shelby has very tight controls over them. If something happens to yours, you have to cut it up and ship it back to them before they will send you a new one. Can anyone confirm this?

That looks like a pretty accurate copy of the KR hood.

It is my understanding that you will not find a true carbon fiber KR hood anywhere. Shelby has very tight controls over them. If something happens to yours, you have to cut it up and ship it back to them before they will send you a new one. Can anyone confirm this?

There have already been a few that were bought.

One member on here has bought an actual KR hood, so they come along every once in a while but they're $$$$$$$

Trufiber Venom Hood:

That is exactly what I'm wanting, with those hood pins...and the painted bottom pieces.

Any pointers on what I need to mention to body shop about painting them?

• 2 years later...

Archived