TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sill plate removal?

Any one know how to remove the sill plate on a 2007 Shelby. I need to remove the palstic piece together with the SVT aluminum insert as one piece.

Also, is the sill from a convertible (the palstic piece together with the aluminum piece) interchangeable with a coupe?

Thanks

QSS

Any one know how to remove the sill plate on a 2007 Shelby. I need to remove the palstic piece together with the SVT aluminum insert as one piece.

Also, is the sill from a convertible (the palstic piece together with the aluminum piece) interchangeable with a coupe?

Thanks

QSS

It just clips in where it meets the carpet and has double sided tape underthe flat portion. You just have to grab and slowly pull.

Hair dryer then fishing line slide it underneath so you do not bend it, same way to remove the lettering from the deck lid.

That's if you want to remove the insert. If you want to remove the entire assembly, just grab on and slowly pull it till the clips come out of their holes in the door frame.

You can use fish line heat them with a hair dryer & pull the fish line through & they will come off un damaged . I guess Grabber didn`t want to save his.

I used both of mine in a special place.

Outside mailbox (look right below the mailbox).

GT5002009Pics069.jpg

Show mailbox (look inside).

MailboxTSB020.jpg

Grabberscars044.jpg

Archived