TEAM SHELBY FORUM

V6 vs V8 Weight??

A10ACN

I'm down with the Terlinguistas, I like the way you guys roll! BUT, I gotta ask, since everyone talks up the weight advantage of the V6 over a V8, what is the weight difference??? With S/C?? Without??

Roll Bunnies!!

$7 + truck scales = weight of the car.

Actually I'll break out a set or race scales and weight the one I have over here, but the numbers will be skewed though, as the cage plus relocation of the battery.

Jeff

Terlingua (performance package, 8.8" Rear, 3.73 gearing, stock interior) without the roll cage is 3400pounds and change. GT500 stock, 3600-3700 pounds.

My Terlingua: 3600 pounds and adding. Bigger & better coolant tanks along with battery relocation to the trunk.

My GT500: 4000 pounds, 50/50 weight distro, 8 point roll cage, gutted interior, gutted doors.

My GT500 Vert: 3800 pounds. All Stock.

Numbers are off the top of my head. Going to have to break out the scales and ramps while down in Terlingua and we can all play with the scales.

Terlingua Weight

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=37465&hl

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45290

And I just noticed 3506 total weight on both cars? That can't be right when you look at the breakdowns

The 3506 for the v8, was without driver, scaled on race scales, the breakdown weight is with driver, which makes it 3707.Here is the breakdown without driver.

LF--947 RF--960

LR--805 RR--794

Cross weight#1765=50.3%

Rear#1599

Left Side#1752=49.9%

Front%=54.36-both Front Tires

Rear%=45.60-Both Rear tires

I would say that with the addition of Wheels,Tires,Calipers,Rotors,Supercharger,etc, is the reason they weigh about the same. The 4.6 3v, is not that more weight than the 4.0 V6.

I'm down with the Terlinguistas, I like the way you guys roll! BUT, I gotta ask, since everyone talks up the weight advantage of the V6 over a V8, what is the weight difference??? With S/C?? Without??

Roll Bunnies!!

Roll Bunnies - I like that! That could be Link's mobilization cry, "Lets Roll bunnies!"

Archived