TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help with 2007 GT-H

I bought a 2007 GT-H vert that was missing the SHELBY letters on the trunk. I have since purchased replacement letters and want to install but I do know the correct spacing for the letters. Also the letters (original and new) are stick on. Is there any special prep work to do before sticking the letters on to get maximum adhesion? I know to at least wash the car. Clean the area with rubbing alcohol? Any tips for either issue would be great. Thanks.

I bought a 2007 GT-H vert that was missing the SHELBY letters on the trunk. I have since purchased replacement letters and want to install but I do know the correct spacing for the letters. Also the letters (original and new) are stick on. Is there any special prep work to do before sticking the letters on to get maximum adhesion? I know to at least wash the car. Clean the area with rubbing alcohol? Any tips for either issue would be great. Thanks.

Hey if you can wait till tomorrow nite, I can measure the spaces for you and give you close pics of the letter. As far as glue it on, If it comes pre- glue then just a cleaner like alcohol but if not they sell emblem glue at the auto parts store. P.M if you like.

Anthony

Here the pic's and measurements hope this help's!!!

1. From trunk lip is 14inches to the Letter S

2.From letter Y from the straight line to trunk lip is 14 and a half

3 from the end of the S to beginning of stripe is 1/2 inch

4 from end of H to beginning of E is 3in

5 from driverside quarter panel measure from center and measure out 20in thats beginning of S

6. The letters are a 1/2 off the lower lip or curve of trunk going down

Good Luck

post-18733-1249339690_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339756_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339809_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339865_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339927_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339967_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249340037_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249340095_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249340234_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339690_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339756_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339809_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339865_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339927_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249339967_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249340037_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249340095_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1249340234_thumb.jpg

There was a forum with a template on this site somewhere. Might also call Shelby see if you can get a template.

Jeff

Racer - You meds must have come in on time this month, as I have never seen you so helpful! :) No just kidding, good job Racer!~

Why thanks guys!! Trust me its a real pain trying to add an exterior part to your auto with a guide or template!! If you guys saw how, I lined up my rear spoiler with no template or guide to go by and just a marker and one big drill bit. You would cry out in fear maybe even wet your pants. I always go by eye never measure thank god, I'm not a surgeon :hysterical::hysterical3: Right swedman you would sing like mikey jackson :jackinbox:

That is awesome! Thanks for the help. I will try this weekend and let you know how it goes. Again THANKS!

I would measure the 1/2 inch from the curve on the trunk and line that across with yellow chaulk from one end of the trunk to the other end. I would drive down and help you out but something about carrying large amount of narcotics across statelines !!! Sorry :confused:

That is awesome! Thanks for the help. I will try this weekend and let you know how it goes. Again THANKS!

You should search the forum for that template, I looked at the website and thought I could do it. That's saying something!

I have to agree with Racer on this one... I eyeball everything first.. I then measure to ensure accuracy.. I do this beacause I have been burned when measuring only to find out the original parts were installed differently or the part your attaching is skewed a bit etc. If you eyeball stuff first, you get an idea of where it goes first.. Good example, ever just use a template to install a hoodscoop only to start cutting the hood, then find out after starting the hole for that cool Shaker the guys who made the template were off by a half inch! new hood!!

GNB

I have to agree with Racer on this one... I eyeball everything first.. I then measure to ensure accuracy.. I do this beacause I have been burned when measuring only to find out the original parts were installed differently or the part your attaching is skewed a bit etc. If you eyeball stuff first, you get an idea of where it goes first.. Good example, ever just use a template to install a hoodscoop only to start cutting the hood, then find out after starting the hole for that cool Shaker the guys who made the template were off by a half inch! new hood!!

GNB

You hit the nail on the head GBSTANG!!! My agent47 template was off for the brake scoops thank god I realized after the cutting was over.

Archived