TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Small SoCal Get Together Thursday August 6th

Always a great time! Except Applebee's SUCKS!!!

Yeah, we've had some trials at Applebees over the years but overall our experience there is pretty solid. Funny thing is, we started up the street at Red Robin but when they had a kitchen fire one night and evacuated us outside we went to Applebees.

1) They have a full bar and festive atmosphere. While I would neveradvocate drinking and driving, a couple of libations 3 HOURS before driving home are reasonably road friendly.

2) There is always ample parking and a little bit of rubber smoke has never brought the 'man' down on us in that lot.

3) They *almost always* set up table for 20-30 of us in a semi-private room where we have full views of the cars in the lot. At Most establishments we would be smattered around the place.

4) We have been meeting at the same Applebees for over 13 YEARS. Members of the SoCal Shelby Club just know that's the place EVERY first Thursday unless its 4th of July or New Years day. Not every member keeps in touch via the forums so location/date changes are really really tough.

We'd be glad to have any Team Shelby members come out to spend a few hours with us, in fact, if it's your first time, hit me up. I'll buy you a beverage of your choice. Crystal and 100 year Grand Marnier excluded. Fontech, I have the kids along last time and was suitably distracted by that so I owe you one next time...

Alan

do any Shelby GT's show up at this thing??

There was one at last weeks get together ;)

By my count there was at least 8 Team Shelby members last Thursday with 3-4 Mustangs mixed in with the Shelby Dodge cars.

I prefer to call these things "Shelby Gatherings" as they are informal as can be. Don't be misled by the word club. We are just car guys who enjoy getting out of the house once a month for as much fun as can be had at Applebee's.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
But the Bat Mobile didn't show. Something about Alfred having problems getting fuel injectors installed.

And here I showed up with a dozen Fiat jokes for you ;)

Steve

Oh, but the Batmobile's rocket engine is now fully functional-only took about 3 hours on the dyno and about 20 pulls! Batman might have a little something for the other Jokers at the bash this year!

Oh, but the Batmobile's rocket engine is now fully functional-only took about 3 hours on the dyno and about 20 pulls! Batman might have a little something for the other Jokers at the bash this year!

Hmmm. Sounds like a challenge to that certain red car. Anyone want to bet on who needs a flatbed first? Or should we just let last years winner on that perform a repeat?

Steve

Archived