TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake cooling kit hose diameter

Can anyone tell me what the inside diameter is of the brake cooling hose is made by Shelby Parts? I'm going to make my own air collectors and I would like to start on them before I get the kit ordered?

Thanks!

are you sure it's 3 1/2? You're supposed to drill a 2 1/4 in hole in the grill for the bezels. I always heard to use RV sewer hose. you can get 20 feet of that stuff for like 20 bucks. I'm pretty sure it's 3''. If if can hold waste water, it can hold air.

Thanks Ken.

You need 3 1/2" hose. If you find some that's worth buying, let me know. I've been using the bezels with no hose for months only because I can't find a high quality 3 1/2" hose anywhere.

Ken

are you sure it's 3 1/2? You're supposed to drill a 2 1/4 in hole in the grill for the bezels. I always heard to use RV sewer hose. you can get 20 feet of that stuff for like 20 bucks. I'm pretty sure it's 3''. If if can hold waste water, it can hold air.

The SPP bezel for the SGT definitely uses a 3 1/2" hose. The GT500 bezels are a lot smaller. I actually purchased the Quantum kit which uses 3" hose and it's most definitely too small for the SPP bezel.

On a related note, there is zero room for a 3 1/2" x 3" reducer on the back of the bezel. I've tried. This would have been the easiest fix, since there are quite a few 3" kits out there with hose and rotor mount plates. I may end up just tossing the Griggs brake cooling kit in instead and trying to figure out a way to tie the SPP ducts in with some sort of Y fitting later on. The cooling is greatly needed on the track, so I need to figure something out soon.

Good luck man!

Ken

I thought about doing something like this.... I like the intake port and hose combo. I also considered getting the SPP setup and using a Y adaptor. Use one of the light bezels to funnel into the cold air and the other for the brake ducsts. I found the "Y" adaptor last week.... This bezel shown here I would cut and rivet into the existing honeycomb....

http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-8148-Intake-...6706&sr=8-1

I'm confused. If you put that bezel in the honeycomb, what would you use the Y for? The SPP bezel goes in the same location as you're talking about putting the bezel listed above. :lurk:

The Griggs kit gets cut into either side of the front bumper, so I could retain the SPP bezel, which would be nice since I like the lower driving lights so much. I guess that's the only reason I was considering some sort of Y fitting.

Ordered the brake cooling kit over the weekend and found out today that Shelby is testing a hose that won't melt. So now it might be two months or so till the kit ships. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

Can anyone tell me what the inside diameter is of the brake cooling hose is made by Shelby Parts? I'm going to make my own air collectors and I would like to start on them before I get the kit ordered?

Thanks!

Ordered the brake cooling kit over the weekend and found out today that Shelby is testing a hose that won't melt. So now it might be two months or so till the kit ships. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

They've been saying that for about 2 years now, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Wonder why they would tell me otherwise on the phone?? I spoke with Enrique. Decision time I guess......

Yeah, that SPP tube wont see the day of light. I was at SPP last November and was told on the down low that it most likely wont ever be ready...

Too funny, i spoke to someone last week and he told me the problem wasn't the hose itself, but rather the backing plate for the rotors..... That makes more sense to me than the hose anyway.... Brake duct hose shouldn't be the issue.... When I had my wheels off this past weekend I was hoping to see if I could just drill/cut a 3" hole into the existing dust cover and mount a hose there...

Archived