TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What the heck is this!?

llcwhit

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/1300239029.html

this just looks funny to me.....

Well, it's badged as a GTH which SHOULD have Gold stripes, NOT RED stripes...and either the spacing of the stripes or the letters on the back is wrong...one or the other...no HERTZ badges on the fenders...but I thought it might be a GTH when I saw the Strut Brace wired to the block...They did that for the rental cars trying to prevent thefts of the strut braces...

If it is a real GT-H, then the price is a heck of deal...stripes are easily redone...as for replacing the Hertz badges on the side? that may be a little tougher...

Perhaps someone at SAI could run the car VIN to see if it jives with the "H" number....

Yeah I suppose the tags and hood could have been lifted from a GT-H. Hopefully that's not the case.

However, it's also got the typical auto, the correct spoiler, the correct rims/tires, correct front/rear fascias, and a couple other small things that would make it quite a good clone (aside from the stripes of course). I'd definitely say it's a legit Hertz car that had the stripes mutilated.

Roger? :lurk:

Ken

I noticed that the hood insulation is that which is used with the shelby gt scoop hoods. This makes me think that this is one of the Arizona Shelby's mentioned, and someone swapped hoods and re-used the insulation.

I saw that too. But then I looked a few GT-H's for sale on ebay and they have the same hoodliner as this Mustang. Something else I found interesting is that the four GT-H's I saw for sale this morning have different Ford Racing logos in different locations on the CAI shield. I wonder what the standard is?

I noticed that the hood insulation is that which is used with the shelby gt scoop hoods. This makes me think that this is one of the Arizona Shelby's mentioned, and someone swapped hoods and re-used the insulation.

If it is a BJ / Arizona SGT, what's with the spoiler, lower grill, fender badges, side stripes, floor mats, security wired strut tower brace and dash plaque? My guess is that a Mustang GT had some parts from GT-H #024 added to it.

If it is a BJ / Arizona SGT, what's with the spoiler, lower grill, fender badges, side stripes, floor mats, security wired strut tower brace and dash plaque? My guess is that a Mustang GT had some parts from GT-H #024 added to it.

The engine safety wire gives this car away, I'm pretty sure this is an actual GT-H vert, but that being said it's no good deal, it has 40,000 miles and needs 1200 of stripe work just to make it look right, But fast forword 20 years, it would be really cool to find or buy this car and then find out its a real Hertz vert.

I'm guessing someone didn't like the fact or want it known that it was an ex-rental car. In the normal car world an ex-rental is not a good thing. In fact for many years the 1966 Hertz Shelby's were ignored because of this rental stigma. Once the prices took off on the GT350's people started buying the Hertz cars for their lower price and soon after there was no longer a price difference.

From looking at the pics someone removed all the gold Hertz striping and the Hertz fender badges. They then added some aftermarket red stripes. I say aftermarket because the width of the red stripes is not correct for the car.

Only other thing I noticed is a set of aftermarket rubber floor mats.

Should be an ok deal for under $25k because of the mileage, stripe replacement and possible top damage.

Steve

I'm guessing someone didn't like the fact or want it known that it was an ex-rental car. In the normal car world an ex-rental is not a good thing. In fact for many years the 1966 Hertz Shelby's were ignored because of this rental stigma. Once the prices took off on the GT350's people started buying the Hertz cars for their lower price and soon after there was no longer a price difference.

From looking at the pics someone removed all the gold Hertz striping and the Hertz fender badges. They then added some aftermarket red stripes. I say aftermarket because the width of the red stripes is not correct for the car.

Only other thing I noticed is a set of aftermarket rubber floor mats.

Should be an ok deal for under $25k because of the mileage, stripe replacement and possible top damage.

Steve

I agree. You know it is almost tempting to buy a car like this. The number of cars made makes it a reasonable bet that the value will only go up, even this one with 40K on it. I think it is a good buy especially for a vert.

the dash badge is very different from the SGT's isn't it?

Where there GT-H numbers on the door panels also? This one conveniently doesn't show in the photo.

But the engine badge is there...

I don't see the things in the console for the Sirius radio that I've seen on known real GT-H's.

But then the whole engine compartment looks totally correct...

But why would someone de-badge and re-stripe a real GT-H???

Maybe the same person who has the nerve to put a Subaru license plate on a Mustang?!

the dash badge is very different from the SGT's isn't it?

Where there GT-H numbers on the door panels also? This one conveniently doesn't show in the photo.

But the engine badge is there...

I don't see the things in the console for the Sirius radio that I've seen on known real GT-H's.

But then the whole engine compartment looks totally correct...

But why would someone de-badge and re-stripe a real GT-H???

Maybe the same person who has the nerve to put a Subaru license plate on a Mustang?!

On 07's the Sattelite radio was built into the Ford radio so no console mounted controls. You can see the sattelite antenna on the trunk lid.

I'm guessing that someone felt the car was less worthy being a ex-rental car so they removed the exterior geaphics/badging of it being a Hertz car so it would look more like a SGT or GT500.

The Subaru plate is funny but its because the car is for sale by a Subaru dealership. It's a dealer plate.

Steve

Archived