TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pennsylvania Dealer 500 News

1970boss302

Good for you, it is nice that there are dealers that take the long term view on things. Lets hope that these dealers are rewarded over time for their integrity.

Yes that dealer will be rewarded with future business. You know, "sell me that F150 or Explorer or Focus at a loss if you want my business." There's very little money to be made by dealers in selling new cars - most make their money by selling used vehicles, service work, or through financing. Mustangs are one of the few new cars that are money makers for the dealers.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 26 2006, 01:00 AM) 4277[/snapback]

Yes that dealer will be rewarded with future business. You know, "sell me that F150 or Explorer or Focus at a loss if you want my business." There's very little money to be made by dealers in selling new cars - most make their money by selling used vehicles, service work, or through financing. Mustangs are one of the few new cars that are money makers for the dealers.

I'm sure that is true for some but a happy customer is a repeat customer! That means service work,used and new vehicles too.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 26 2006, 01:00 AM) 4277[/snapback]

American car manufacturers build vehicles people don't want, give huge incentives to sell them,and grouse when people expect great deals. Then, when one hot model comes along they try to make most of their new car profit on the strength of that one model. Sounds like someone needs to put more effort into researching design, manufacturing, and sales models. Or maybe you need to sell Toyotas.

Archived