TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Change gearing?

3.73 and 4.10 gears available on Evolution's website. Any thoughts on whether this would be a viable mod? And if so which one?

depends on what you're doing with the car.If you want more speed on a daily driver go with the 3:73.If you want low ETs do the 4:11--but your mpg will go down,and the noise level/rpm will go way up

3.73 and 4.10 gears available on Evolution's website. Any thoughts on whether this would be a viable mod? And if so which one?

I spoke with an owner of a local Mustang Mod. Shop in my area and was discussing potiental mods. He told me that the 3.73 gears make a lot of difference and make the car a lot quicker. Torched10 is right fuel economy will decrease I don't about noise level.

Thinking about trying some 3.73 gears. Might be the way to go. Not that expensive and most likely offer more driveablilty than the 4.10.

I had 4.10's installed last Friday and have had a couple of days to drive it. Gears are quiet with no noticeable difference. It definitely gets moving quicker and the long second gear gets to redline in a hurry. I found myself clicking into 5th more than before but 6th is still super tall. On the freeway at 70 rpm is still right under 2000.

I feel 4.10 is a bit radical for most but I plan to take it to the track with good tires so I'll use it. 3.55 is a pretty good gear and 3.73 seems like a baby step in performance but it is still a step. Hope this helps.

I had 4.10's installed last Friday and have had a couple of days to drive it. Gears are quiet with no noticeable difference. It definitely gets moving quicker and the long second gear gets to redline in a hurry. I found myself clicking into 5th more than before but 6th is still super tall. On the freeway at 70 rpm is still right under 2000.

I feel 4.10 is a bit radical for most but I plan to take it to the track with good tires so I'll use it. 3.55 is a pretty good gear and 3.73 seems like a baby step in performance but it is still a step. Hope this helps.

I agree.........I don't think the 3.73 would make that much of a difference from the 3.55s.

Archived