TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Shifter???

Ok its time for overhaul on car.Have everything i need so far except shifter,was pondering between steeda and the FRP one.So if you guys have tried either one of them i would like some input.Car is going in for TSB and they said they would install shifter for me.Also got the JLT package with pulley.3:91 gears.

Lots of folks like the FRPP "KR" unit. I have one in my car and had a Steeda Tri-Ax before. The FRPP unit is quieter and more like stock with a shorter throw. The Tri-Ax is far more mechanical in feel, is spring loaded 2nd to 3rd and is a far more solid unit. For me....I preferred the Tri-Ax. Your mileage may vary.

bj

FRPP KR shifter.

I've got it, I like it, wouldn't trade it.

I did a survey about 18 months ago or so and if memory serves me, about 70% of people that changed, changed to the KR shifter.

FRPP KR shifter.

I've got it, I like it, wouldn't trade it.

I did a survey about 18 months ago or so and if memory serves me, about 70% of people that changed, changed to the KR shifter.

Soooo, why be like everybody else?!!! J/K

Use the Shelby shifter, you will love it. May cost more but quality is excellent. I really like mine. It's also different than all the rest in that the handle is exposed, so you know you have something different in there. All the rest look stock once the boot is pulled up, if that's what you want. I like to be different than most. Also used a custom shift knob from grabberpony.com for a total custom look. Lots of compliments on the setup.

Just pick what you want, you will find supporters for all the shifters made so it comes down to what YOU WANT.

• 4 weeks later...
Soooo, why be like everybody else?!!! J/K

Use the Shelby shifter, you will love it. May cost more but quality is excellent. I really like mine. It's also different than all the rest in that the handle is exposed, so you know you have something different in there. All the rest look stock once the boot is pulled up, if that's what you want. I like to be different than most. Also used a custom shift knob from grabberpony.com for a total custom look. Lots of compliments on the setup.

Just pick what you want, you will find supporters for all the shifters made so it comes down to what YOU WANT.

Can you post a picture? :drool:

Great point, it would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things... Well, other than Shelbys of course!!

I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so I went to see the machinist!!

DSC00174.JPG

Now I need the short throw linkage!!

^^^^^NICE^^^^^

My M-7210-B Short Shifter has been in the box for a year since Ford refused to let me install it while they had the tranny out for the clutch TSB! It was not even called the "KR shifter" when I bought it just the short shifter! Been afraid to try and install it the driveway by myself. Anybody near Half Moon Bay have a lift?

Mark / MSB Mustang

PS - My one-piece driveshaft is waiting also!

Can someone please confirm, a picture would be great.

Does the FRPP, part # M-7213-K, "KR" chrome shifter shaft say "HURST" on it?

H

U

R

S

T

I am thinking about getting the Shelby short throw shifter and change out the shaft with the chrome "HURST" logo shaft.

IMO, I really do not like the look of the SHELBY billet shaft, plus it looks shorter in height.

I have seen the "HURST" logo chrome shifter shaft on a Shelby GT and a 07 or 08 Shelby Terlingua.

Thank you for your help and replies.

Can someone please confirm, a picture would be great.

Does the FRPP, part # M-7213-K, "KR" chrome shifter shaft say "HURST" on it?

H

U

R

S

T

I am thinking about getting the Shelby short throw shifter and change out the shaft with the chrome "HURST" logo shaft.

IMO, I really do not like the look of the SHELBY billet shaft, plus it looks shorter in height.

I have seen the "HURST" logo chrome shifter shaft on a Shelby GT and a 07 or 08 Shelby Terlingua.

Thank you for your help and replies.

No it doesn't

IMG_0986.jpg

No it doesn't

IMG_0986.jpg

BUMMER.

Where does one find the chrome shifter shaft say "HURST" on it?

H

U

R

S

T

Is there a different part # for the "HURST" logo chrome shifter shaft?

Where can you get one?

Will it fit the GT500 6 speed?

BUMMER.

Where does one find the chrome shifter shaft say "HURST" on it?

Is there a different part # for the "HURST" logo chrome shifter shaft?

Where can you get one?

Will it fit the GT500 6 speed?

I have not seen one that will fit the stock shifter or similar (i.e. FR, Shelby). I have seen one installed on what I believe is a Steeda Triax shifter with a different handle mounting scheme; just not sure.

Here's a Hurst handle with their logo, but it won't fit the fore/aft hole orientation of the stock shifter.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-5380015/?image=large

Thanks 6-Speed.

I will PM Roger Sorel @ SAI. He said he has the Shelby Short throw shifter on his Shelby GT along with the Hurst logo shaft.

Once I get a reply, I will post my findings.

I will also be in Vegas the last week of this month. I will stop by SAI and take some pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

You'll get nothing but very subjective responses to that question.

Mine?

If your arms aren't really, really fat, and you can visualize things you can't see with the touch of a hand - you'll be fine. I found that laying on my back and trying to contort my arm/elbow/wrist/fingers around and above the transmission was a bit of a challenge.

If the transmission was out of car this mod could be done in less than two minutes. I followed the directions exactly and still had to mimic Houdini.

Tob

Archived