TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Fender Badges

That is correct, the HERTZ badges are unavailable. Have you talked directly to Bud? I believe that he had a few left over production sets left a few months ago. If you wanted new ones, you had to return your old ones. In your case where they are missing, you may be able to work with him since you just bought the car an can provide him evidence of that. Good luck. Also, the badges on the 07 converts are slightly different than they were on the 06 coupes. The coupes actually had the pin sets where the GT badge was. The 07 cars were ordered badge delete, so they were just stick on. Just a little FYI! I got really lucky about a year ago and saw a set on e-bay from a guy who found them in the glove box of the car he rented. It was an early '06 and he had pics of the ones on the car and in the glove box, so I believed him. This was nice as mine were pretty pealed up and I needed them for my new paint job to make it show quality.

I am in no way speaking for Bud but just want others to understand that Bud doesn't have a desk drawer full of any type of badges that all you need to do is call for a free set.

SAI has guidelines set up for dealing with replacement parts. These guidelines may consist of needing a warranty repair work order from your local Ford dealership, to the possible need of a police report or the requirement of damaged parts being sent to SAI. There are other guidelines, it all depends on the circumstances leading to the need of replacement parts.

As mentioned previously you can PM Bud at SAI-BUD or you can search for one of his posts to obtain his email address.

Bud will be able to let you know what help if any SAI can provide regarding these badges.

Steve

Archived