TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT500 Delivery Paakage

ebonyscgt500

Question for all who have had their Shelby's recently delivered.......question is .....what was all included ....meaning what exactly did you receive from your dealer......if you could please list all the items that came with your new Shelby......reason I am asking , is I think that when i received my car , not everything that came with a new Shelby GT500 was all there.....

Thanks......

paul,

It might be easier for you to post your thoughts on what you think may be missing.

From what I could see in one pic's that someone posted of their trunk area there seemed to be a CD package....to make short all I received was two sets of keys a manual one was for the standard mustang...and the other was for the Shelby....see when I received the car all the plastic was missing and the only thing of paper work was the window sheet.......it seems that there may have been more , I don't know ....that’s what I asking the other owners , what they all received .

post-6677-1165255695_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1165255695_thumb.jpg

From what I could see in one pic's that someone posted of their trunk area there seemed to be a CD package....to make short all I received was two sets of keys a manual one was for the standard mustang...and the other was for the Shelby....see when I received the car all the plastic was missing and the only thing of paper work was the window sheet.......it seems that there may have been more , I don't know ....that’s what I asking the other owners , what they all received .

You got what I got. You forgot to mention a fat bill, and in my case an ADM :banghead:

You got what I got. You forgot to mention a fat bill, and in my case an ADM :banghead:

That ADM word again. I forgot, How much was it ?

I know you told once, but I forgot.

Mine is more than yours, I know that.

Question for all who have had their Shelby's recently delivered.......question is .....what was all included ....meaning what exactly did you receive from your dealer......if you could please list all the items that came with your new Shelby......reason I am asking , is I think that when i received my car , not everything that came with a new Shelby GT500 was all there.....

Thanks......

paul,

It might have been on ebay, but someone wrote they were selling the shelby and the shelby watch that came with it. No JOKE!

There's are 40th package. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

MM are you OK.

I am concerned about your dimeener.

You have gone from massive uses of the Hod dog jumping guy to massive uses of the head Knocker dude.

Are you gonna be OK.

:grouphug: Do you need one. ;)

You should have received your manuals which i understand you got. The premium int. upgrade,(All Canadian Shelbys received this with no extra charge) In the trunk was as wheel lockkit a radio antenna, front license plate bracket &a tire repair kit with bottle & pump.Two keys with two keyless entry fobs.Last but not least a full tank of Sunoco260.

Thanks......

paul,

Paul

I got a complete file folder with all of the labels that came with my car plus a print out from my dealer that looks like a build sheet of some sort with all of the important serial numbers from all the major car components. Plus extra key, remote and the manuals. My dealer also documented all of the important dates for me on the folder that he gave me.

Seems like there are a few U.S. owners on this one, but I imagine it's pretty standard fare all around.

We took pictures of the car, interior, exterior, different sides, lights on/off, even the odo to show what it had when it came off the trailer and printed them in colour to give to each owner. Then we carefully peel all the stickers/lables off and transfer them to white stock paper and give them as well as any documents (i.e. shipping posts, build sheet, etc) that came with the car. I make it a point not to open the owners manual package as it's still shrink-wrapped and let the customer decide if they want to open it or buy a second set through parts (the leather book is decent enough). Unfortunately, I've been on Ford Canada's case to get some shwag for my customers and have not had much luck. Seems like there is not much in the way of promotional material AT ALL for the Shelby, which is a real shame.

I've been on Ford Canada's case to get some shwag for my customers and have not had much luck. Seems like there is not much in the way of promotional material AT ALL for the Shelby, which is a real shame.

No S*&T, None Whatsoever. Dont forget only 500 of these badboys comin' to Canada - Ya! All! Hear! Now!

Seems like there are a few U.S. owners on this one, but I imagine it's pretty standard fare all around.

We took pictures of the car, interior, exterior, different sides, lights on/off, even the odo to show what it had when it came off the trailer and printed them in colour to give to each owner. Then we carefully peel all the stickers/lables off and transfer them to white stock paper and give them as well as any documents (i.e. shipping posts, build sheet, etc) that came with the car. I make it a point not to open the owners manual package as it's still shrink-wrapped and let the customer decide if they want to open it or buy a second set through parts (the leather book is decent enough). Unfortunately, I've been on Ford Canada's case to get some shwag for my customers and have not had much luck. Seems like there is not much in the way of promotional material AT ALL for the Shelby, which is a real shame.

You said leather book , can you explain. I did not receive a leather book with my manuals , can you tell me what this book is....?

You said leather book , can you explain. I did not receive a leather book with my manuals , can you tell me what this book is....?

a lather cover you can put your manual in. If you didn't get one, I'd call the dealership. Even my Saleen came with the Ford leather book cover, even though the Saleen manual is much too small for the cover, I still jam it in there :)

My car will be delivered to the dealer Thursday 12/7. My salesman called to ask if I wanted it delivered as it was right off the transport so I could remove any build data (stickers/labels) I wanted. I told him yes. Other than the obvious things like the window sticker can you tell me what I should look for and where to find it so that I can preserve all the important documentation.

At the price of these weapons, you can ask your dealer for anything as far as I am concerned.

To be honest after I got over the issue of dealer markup, the dealer (actually the sales rep) treated me very well. In additon to all of the items pointed out by Shelby 001, I also recieved the dealer invoice from Ford all of the computer updates in a file folder IE: initial retail order input and confirmation, Serial number, build date etc etc.

I also asked them not to touch the car or detail it after it was received, prior to my visual inspection. (Which they adhered to) The SVT tech did his job to qualify the vehicle for the technical part of the PDI and also checked the "valet mode" in the compouter but that was all for the PDI.

In this case I had all of the plastic that came with the car up to and including the plastic on the carpets, steering wheel, radio, dash covers, door sills, even the plastic cover on the passenger side dash cover. The only plastic they took off was on the drivers seat ands steering wheel and they saved this for me. It even has stickers on the rims to line up with the tires when they are mounted on the rims, I did not save these as they were full of brake dust by the time I got the car home the first night.

Archived