TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Mustang / GT500 JOB1 Dates

robertlane

OK.......

I'm hooked on Shelby!!!!!

I can't wait to get this car, and I can't stay off of this site!!!

This is a great collection of people here, and we all live and breath this car.

KingCobra.

Amen to that. Look at this smilie. Grabber Orange :yup:

OK.......

KingCobra.

I hear ya, man. I should be working right now, but I'm on this site instead. :rockon:

We are being told that a tentative JOB1 date is 05 June.

Robert,

Could you ask or find out if they are going to build a bank of cars before releasing them to the dealers like they did with the Ford Fusions? (made in Mexico) :happy feet:

Have they hinted as to what the production volume numbers will be yet? :shrug:

OK.......

KingCobra.

I used to check in once a day now it is every hour or less! Today I drove around to the diff Ford dealers just to see the various colors on the Mustang so I can finally decide on one{have to be ready to place that order}. As of right now it will be Vista Blue with Performance White stripes :D

Hey,

Belated welcome to the site.

The projected MSRP is $40k for the coupe and $45k for the vert.

The options are stripe delete (in case you don't want them on the coupe)

All black leather interior, or Black with red leather inserts on seats and door panels

Interior upgrade package

SIRIUS satelitte radio

and an upgrade to the Shaker 1000 audio system

Are you thinking of ordering one???

KingCobra.

Robert ~ Perhaps you could put an end to all the BS, hype and speculation regarding the number of 2007 Shelby GT500s to be built. We keep hearing a low figure of 7,000 units to a high figure of 13,000 plus if Ford can build that many in a year and 10,000 plus in the second year and /or that Ford will build as many as they get orders for !!! Kindly advise. Many thanks.

Kenardo

Robert ~ Perhaps you could put an end to all the BS, hype and speculation regarding the number of 2007 Shelby GT500s to be built. We keep hearing a low figure of 7,000 units to a high figure of 13,000 plus if Ford can build that many in a year and 10,000 plus in the second year and /or that Ford will build as many as they get orders for !!! Kindly advise. Many thanks.

Kenardo

call it what you want newbee? :censored: BS, hype and speculation? :shrug: We have already asked Robert about 2 million times that same question & when he gets the answer he will post it in big bold print for everyone to see.

What this is....is really 2 things .....

1) The greatest most powerful Musle car Hype ever

2) Shelby GT 500 Hype is speculation which = more free advertizng for all models of Mustang line & keeps interest in the Shelby car very high until it hits the street & only a few can get :rockon:

• 2 months later...

I am lucky to have ordered one on the first day that they were available in the computer. I was told that the job 1 production date was in the first week of June. Now I understand that there is a serial number hold on the computer and my car was issued a VIN number and it is 1ZVHT88S375200458. I would assume that it is number 458 in line. The car was ordered red with the red and black interior with the upgraded interior and the shaker 1000 stereo system. Of course I did not delete the white racing stripes. No pricing as yet in the computer or the alotment that my dealer is supposed to receive. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope that my fleet sales lady will work with me on price. I assume price goughing will hit the dealerships with all the fanfare of the Shelby.

I am lucky to have ordered one on the first day that they were available in the computer. I was told that the job 1 production date was in the first week of June. Now I understand that there is a serial number hold on the computer and my car was issued a VIN number and it is 1ZVHT88S375200458. I would assume that it is number 458 in line. The car was ordered red with the red and black interior with the upgraded interior and the shaker 1000 stereo system. Of course I did not delete the white racing stripes. No pricing as yet in the computer or the alotment that my dealer is supposed to receive. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope that my fleet sales lady will work with me on price. I assume price goughing will hit the dealerships with all the fanfare of the Shelby.

Your GT500 will not be #458 in line. Ford does not build in order of VIN #. Also, the 2007 Mustang VIN #'s include not just GT500, but the V6 and GT, as well. #459 could be a 6 cylinder Mustang, for all we know.

More important, VIN #'s did not start at 200001 for 2007 Mustangs. We've seen GT500 VIN #'s in the 195XXX range, which is a very unusual spot to start a model year's VIN #'s. Our first customer GT500 VIN # is 196137. It is scheduled to be built the week of 6/5/06.

In regards to my VIN, I can only go by what my fleet lady told me over the phone. I will visit my dealership and see for myself if the VIN is the same that was given to me. This is my first car ever ordered or purchased. I have special ordered three Ford diesel trucks over the last fifteen years from this lady and together we know our trucks. I am in a different ballgame when it comes to cars. I always paid $500.00 over fleet and fat chance of ever seeing this new Mustang at fleet. With my 1967 Bronco and my 2002 F550 4x4 I figured an addition of a Shelby Mustang would be a welcome addition. After reading some other websites I do not think I want to be raped for $20,000.00 over sticker. Thanks for the input from the other readers.

Miss Model, Please take the time to get something in writting from your dealer. They can change there mind a raise the price if you don't know exactly what they will charge. I have gone through this and it is not pretty.

Miss Model, Please take the time to get something in writting from your dealer. They can change there mind a raise the price if you don't know exactly what they will charge. I have gone through this and it is not pretty.

Archived